Relegation sides to scupper premier league restart

• As i read more and more reports that are coming out from the likes of Brighton,west ham and Villa regarding the neutral venues to complete the season are not going to work the more i can see this not happening.The premier league need to stand firm and express to these clubs that if we don't complete,then the season will finish as it stands.Those in relegation spots go down.Don't deny Leeds & WBA there importunity to be promoted by the politics of others.

• Tell them this is what's happening, and if they don't turn up to a game then they will automatically lose 3-0.

• I think it's terrible how teams are trying to use this to their advantage, like saying they'll only return if relegation is off the table. It's a joke how selfish teams are looking at this and I think it's making certain clubs look really bad.

• @kristiang85 that's what they did to Boro in '97 despite the fact we had a virus rampaging through the team at the time. The deduction resulted in our relegation. Theres not really an excuse. Boro fans cant understand why we didnt just play the under 15's. We'd have been walloped but wouldn't have lost points. We'd have stayed up

• Shocking from the bottom clubs, no club is bigger than the league an the premier league will get there way. There running world football an its simply the best league in the world.

• @MickTurbo said in Relegation sides to scupper premier league restart:

@kristiang85 that's what they did to Boro in '97 despite the fact we had a virus rampaging through the team at the time. The deduction resulted in our relegation. Theres not really an excuse. Boro fans cant understand why we didnt just play the under 15's. We'd have been walloped but wouldn't have lost points. We'd have stayed up

Well I meant just an automatic score of 3-0 but no lost points (however a dent in the goal difference).

I don't remember that Boro incident, that is crazy. Then again in those days there was less of a financial drop so maybe the club was being principled? It certainly wouldn't happen now.

• @kristiang85 maybe not the financial drop mate but we lost some of our greatest ever players as a result of going down as well as what is widely believed to have been some more really big players who had agreements in principle to join boro that summer, all of which went out of the window with our relegation. I sit in the Riverside now watching the most boring, shite, depressing footy imaginable, all the while thinking what might have been

• The ONLY option is to relegate Brighton, villa and west ham for being twats and let norwich stay up.

• @Dav I don't want the season void as Liverpool are rightfully champions and like a say i would like to see the championship sides promoted.Not easy i know to sort this as some clubs will not be happy with the outcome.JUST DON'T VOID THE SEASON.

• I don't know why they are bleating about losing their home advantage. Being down there they aren't that great at home either, and also at neutral venues the other team also won't have a home advantage.

• They only need 14 clubs to agree to resume at neutral venues, in order for it to go ahead. So up to 6 clubs complaining and trying to resist the plans is largely irrelevant.

When push comes to shove, I suspect there will only be 3 or 4 clubs who vote against the plans, probably those immediately above the relegation zone.

Faced with an immediate end to the season and potential automatic relegation, I think the bottom three will probably take their chances with football resuming at neutral venues. The top 13 or 14 will vote in favour of resuming too, because the last thing they will want to do is compromise their TV revenue streams.

The bigger question is whether the Government will allow a resumption.

• @ocs123

If they are considering easing lockdown on Monday, whilst yesterday we had 6111 new daily Coronavirus cases reported, you can bet your left testicle there will be no interference from the government for when football can resume.

• West ham won't want to be relegated, they'll be the ones pushing for no relegation more than anyone and pulling the others around for support.

Sullivan, gold,and Brady sold west hams home stadium for there financial gain. They tried to do it in Birmingham but weren't allowed years ago.
    Cheap rent off the tax payers and local council.

If West ham were relegated they'd be in ruins, a massive club loss of millions, no home stadium.
    They rent ,like oxford do and look at the state of Coventry city now a rugby stadium.

West ham would disappear

• Relegate bottom 6 bring top 6 from championship up if they don’t comply .... it would go mental on here if that happened

• @D.R.Allenballs

I think there may be legal ramifications in there somewhere lol

• Just be absolutely clear, not a single penny of the prize money is paid out till the season is paid and the league will patiently wait for them to be ready.

Doesn't it start at 100m

Would expect these clubs to need it more than the top clubs. Can't see bournemouths commercial activities covering the costs of a Premier league side.

• I think the sides at the bottom of the table are quite entitled to say they don't want to play at neutral venues and lose home advantage. The way forward is to simply VOID the season and deprive those moaning Scousers of the title!! Although we would then have to listen to them moaning on for the next 30 years and demanding public enquiries etc.