Advice on my Griezmann, Mane and Order Book Conundrum

• Good evening all

I will keep this short, having had a month and a bit on FI before being grounded by Boris and having to adjust port for MB for last couple of months , just 3 questions.

1. Griezmann: First bought at £2.62 a share, got him down to £2.45 by topping up (current) but he is dropping again (now £2.39). Do I keep topping up or wait for spike and sell?

2. Mane, as above, top up or wait.

3. The big one, I am growing my port slowly and don't wish to sell many shares yet. If I didn't use order books for a coupe of months for either selling or buying how would it affect an average port?

The noises are this is good for FI but as I have put on a few posts, I am not from a trading background and order books are unfamiliar territory.

Please help with my concerns

• I am aware Q3 could be seen as contradicting Q1 and 2 but please don't hold that against me, it doesn't make me a bad person.

• @Kipper72 said in Advice on my Griezmann, Mane and Order Book Conundrum:

I will keep this short, having had a month and a bit on FI before being grounded by Boris and having to adjust port for MB for last couple of months , just 3 questions.

As it's my fault, let me try and sort it out for you 😂

My opinion is don't top-up in Griezmann, hope for a spike and sell.

I suggest you leave Mane as he is, don't buy or sell for now.

I don't really know enough about order books to offer a qualified opinion but I suspect if you do take the option you are considering of just sitting on your portfolio for the first two months after they are introduced, you'll be fine.

• Griezmann rose as people started to believe a deal with Neymar will happen, I personally believe that this is very unlikely, just turned 29 and isn't a great hold at Barca. Mane, as good as people rate him in real life, I don't think he's a great FI hold, so I wouldn't top up.

• @Kipper72 I've got 500 Griezy and still think hes got big upside. Potential transfer to Utd or PSG (either would be marvellous imo). But not gonna lie, hes sat there stagnant for so fuckin long now that at this point I've gotta be honest with myself and say hes been a bad trade. Can still come good tho and I think he will so not overly concerned. I've bought the dip again and again and again. Theres summit oddly gratifying about seeing that ABP come down and down, considering this is only possible on a losing trade. I wouldn't worry too much tho. If the bet comes off it could be quite a big win, if it doesnt, well there'll always be exit points on a player like him

• I personally can only see Mane's price going down from where it is at the moment (what reason would there be for it to rise?)

Greizman has more potential for a rise depending on where he goes after Barca (and assuming he does move in the next 12 months.) but even then id only buy for the spike and the best case scenario would be that he either moves to PSG or gets a link to the EPL.

I personally dont hold either so...................

• @Boris999 said in Advice on my Griezmann, Mane and Order Book Conundrum:

As it's my fault,

Thanks, now are we allowed out again on Monday?

• This post is deleted!

• Griezmann is a great PB hold for euros and world cup on top of any transfer spec, check out his PB scores when playing international football. A long term hold for sure, no need to sell at a loss.

• Mane doesn't seem to be as well suited to FI so out of the two, would be better to top up on Griezmann. Probs better value elsewhere tho. Almost impossible to predict when he's bottomed out - maybe reinvest any divs to pick up a few here and there?

• Griezmann is looking a bad trade now because of no euro’s but I still feel he has value in his price.
    He will probably retire around 35, so 6 years left, I feel he will still win a load of divs it’s just going to be a slow burner.
    He’s got a least one more big transfer and he will be a proper pb player in another team.
    £2.50 doesn't seem like much for a player of his proven quality in the longterm imo.
    At 33/34he could still be £1.50 imo so how many divs would he win up and till then.....
    Lewandowski is almost 2 years older and trading at 2.37.

• i hold 650 was originally for euros but still could rise to £3 in my opinion if u look at market values mbabpe beind top at 168 million hes the lowest buy on here for the highest price in market terms at 87 mil i know that dosent mean much on here but its got to count for somthing?
    also transfer rumous and pb for france. euros and world cup straight after each other so could be a bargain.

• Simple advice for Grizemann is he's a solid long term hold, I see his price between now and the 2022 world cup somewhere between £2.50 and £3.50 with reasonable dividends returned along the way.

If you want a more adventurous option with potential quicker and higher returns sell on the next spike and reinvest accordingly.

• I also hold Griezmann as I thought a deal would happen with neymar but it may not happen next season. Can't see neymar signing a new contract so he will eventually go and Barca would be the place. I think eventually a swap will happen but maybe sometime away

• I remain hopeful he will move away from Barca this summer. At 29 hes probably not gonna command an 80-100mil transfer fee imo, and could perhaps be picked up by somebody for around 50-60 million, when factoring in that it's no secret he and barca are not a great fit, it doesnt give barca a great bargaining position. If I'm right, that's relative peanuts for a player of his quality. I do still think Utd will make some marquee signing this summer and if neither kane nor sancho are that player, then perhaps Griezy could be 🤞🤞🤞

• I havent read the whole thread so sorry if it's already been said but in regards to 3; if your not looking to sell you dont need to worry about order books it wont effect the value of your port, longterm it will just increase it because of the value it adds to the platform once everyone stops having a panic attack.😂
    And if you do want to sell you can do so at a price that suits you so you are able to move on to the next trade quicker. Also when you go to purchase you have the ability to buy in a bit cheaper if the players not in high demand.

• @Splurger_Dan Thanks Splurger D. I'm actually looking forward to them as it seems it is going to grow the platform. I have been watching the "Announcement" thread, where order books have been getting a lot of responses, with interest and it has explained a lot and given me a better understanding.

I will sit back and watch when they first come in. I am anticipating a drop in port value for a short while though. DON'T PANIC!!

• @Kipper72 said in Advice on my Griezmann, Mane and Order Book Conundrum:

@Splurger_Dan Thanks Splurger D. I'm actually looking forward to them as it seems it is going to grow the platform. I have been watching the "Announcement" thread, where order books have been getting a lot of responses, with interest and it has explained a lot and given me a better understanding.

I will sit back and watch when they first come in. I am anticipating a drop in port value for a short while though. DON'T PANIC!!

Exactly!

0_1588971852216_download.jpeg.jpg
    I will do the same as you sit back and learn, maybe practice with a couple of shares. It's being reactive with out the wisdom that will get you burnt and causes market volatility. Order books are to encourage traders to over trade hence more commission for FI. That's not my strategy so I wont play that game.
    I'm happy with where my port is at for the longterm so I will just use them to tweak when it suits me.

• Griezmann is a good hold for me, a decent PB player who's constantly linked with United. The United rumours will start again an he will spike again. a