New comer info & questions

• Alright people pretty new to FI got about £612 invested now currently worth £614 profitit is profit I guess :-). Just looking for a couple of opinions

When you fairly new and haven’t got 100’s I’d shared in the really top end players Bruno, Sancho Naymar as such. You think we he deserved missed the boat. Is it worth buying 10 shares a month knowing that even when they get a dividend it’s yiu not going to have many shares. I have been putting about 100 a month in. Managed to make a couple of mistakes and learn a couple of lessons Deffo going to make some more. I feel fully missed the boat on premium players ???

So going forward I need to look into the £2-4 bracket n try getting 100 shares. I am currently trying to buy richarlison got 50 shares on him. Thinking he’s too good for Everton and he’s 22 and he’s got a World Cup in 2 years Other shares held is Jon tah, And 100 in Ryan Fraser as he’s going somewhere in a free.

Rules I will only buy people under 27 n players I get are long term. I need to try n make it more of a trade and not a gamble. But I feel when you only putting 100 a month in it’s hard to get the players you want n end up punting on a cheapy coz you get more shares. Is this stupid ??

Also what is this order book lark

Thanks lads

• I do 100 a week mate and look to buy 1,000 shares in each so for you to do £25 a week and aim for 100 in each is very possible I’ve seen some peoples ports doing 50 shares per player and they’re ports were in a nice profit mate I’d say the more you get the more div chances you got the more you can compound your money

• Sounds sensible. Maybe choose 1 player a month? You can research all month, make a shortlist and go all on the one that you believe in most.

My site (see signature) might have some useful bits on to help, check the trading checklist. Read Misto's thread on here if you haven't already.

I have a strategy article coming out soon which may help you decide a method and a portfolio style.

I think your on the right track though, when I started I did similar. Had a set of filters and only bought for long term whilst learning.

• Thanks will have a look. Just re read my message too many spelling mistakes trying to work and type at same time Ffs

When you see the profits 400% in some cases in players like Bruno and sancho looks amazing, but is there any point in even trying to get any of these players Am sure it’s just a steady small profit to be made but their prices must be near the top end of where ever they going to be. I think rashford is where I am going to head. As much as it pains me hating UTD. Trying to get small shares weekly will begin to add up

• @2006eyo Rashford is a good call. I have a small amount (currently 100) and will be looking to top up once his price is right for me. Good luck mate 👍🏼

• Look at a players graph and see if they've bottomed out.
    Sterling is a premium player worth looking at. Value has really plummeted.
    You seem to have a sensible thought out approach to trading.
    I'm sure you'll do well.

• @2006eyo sounds like your going about it in the right way. Spot on with Richarlison hes great value imo, his price is well below others for his age and pb output. Out of my port he's the one I have most certainty of for big cap app. The other one if you dont mind me pumping is Kluivert.

• The advice often given out to beginners is to start small and have a diverse portfolio. So spreading your funds across many areas of the market. Then once you’re more confident in your trading you can narrow down your portfolio and maximise profit by purchasing more shares in fewer players.

The latter is the strategy I’m now employing. Most shares I hold are 300, 500, etc.

Richarlison and Fraser are good shouts too. I would top up on them.

Order books will allow traders to create their own buy price (bid) as well as their own sell price (ask). This means you won’t have to buy players at the current market buy price or instant sell price. I will have a blog post on this in the near future but for now you can check out my blog in my signature. I’ve published posts on a number of different topics so far like IPDs, PB scoring, IPOs, media buzz, as well as a comprehensive article explaining everything you need to know about Football Index.

Hope this helps.

• I had followed Haaland for a while, thought when he hit £4 it was too late.

He's £7.56 today

Maybe not Messi at his age, but there will be chances. And if a player earns dividends, then even multiples of 10 will add up....then you reinvest and it goes on

• @2006eyo said in New comer info & questions:

Thanks will have a look. Just re read my message too many spelling mistakes trying to work and type at same time Ffs

When you see the profits 400% in some cases in players like Bruno and sancho looks amazing, but is there any point in even trying to get any of these players Am sure it’s just a steady small profit to be made but their prices must be near the top end of where ever they going to be. I think rashford is where I am going to head. As much as it pains me hating UTD. Trying to get small shares weekly will begin to add up

injuries may be a way in there mate.

they are likely to dip when injured, and you could pick up then and sit and wait. I think you're on the right track with £2-£4 and wait for them to rise.

research and research...then a punt

• @Index_Scholar yeah mate deffo agree with what you saying, 1st couple of weeks when had less than 200 in I had players like firminho n stuff thinking with my heart instead of me head. Also learnt you really never want to instant sell. And also you can get stuck with 30p players

Oh I understand about order books. Suppose it’s the same as setting ya bets/trades on Betfair. And setting your back and lay odds will basically be your buy and sell prices. Sounds good

• Im fairly new too but have a gm of about £500 now ,haven't invested massively like your self.Defo made some mistakes early on but I have holds on Bruno and werner and some top end players for long term just put in what you can afford .Where I have made money is have like a float for match days and then re invest your divs on long term holds .Every body trades differently but hop that helps.
    Good luck mate