Messi Ronaldo and the old boys.

• I’m been working out what players could massively benifit with the new order book system that will be implemented in the next few months .
    My conclusion is that I beleive the ageing PB/MB super weights like Messi and Ronaldo will massively benifit from the order book system .
    People’s main concern with these two and others like Kroos for example is not will the players produce excellent dividend returns .
    We know they will !! .
    The worry had been an exit stragedy for them .
    When prior to COVID times to sell in the short term as queues of nervous holders were very long you would have to take an IS knock of around 15% .
    A body blow if you wanted to get out .
    Or you could sit on an ever growing sell queue that could be months long . With your player getting older all the time.
    Now once order books come in there will be liquidity and ways to shift them on if you so desire.
    If you hold Messi at £5 and the instant sell is £4.30 you are stuck in the long queue .
    In the order book system You certainly won’t get your £5 but if your happy to offer shares at say £4.90 I’m sure you would sell quickly .
    So the concern of exit stagedys in these ageing dividend Kings would not be a worry ..
    This in turn would drive the prices of the high class oldies up as people would see a way out .
    Just topped up another 200 on each .
    Thoughts welcome!!!

• @Spot-the-value. I'm starting to think it benefits all kinds of trades and ths liquidity of all areas. Think theres still an element of a game of chicken on the ageing worldies, but maybe you could say you're playing it with the blindfold off

• Mate you are spot on here - it was the order book announcement announcement (🙄😜) that finally made me decide that Messi is coming out of the sell queue 👍🏻

• @Spot-the-value. said in Messi Ronaldo and the old boys.:

I’m been working out what players could massively benifit with the new order book system that will be implemented in the next few months .
    My conclusion is that I beleive the ageing PB/MB super weights like Messi and Ronaldo will massively benifit from the order book system .
    People’s main concern with these two and others like Kroos for example is not will the players produce excellent dividend returns .
    We know they will !! .
    The worry had been an exit stragedy for them .
    When prior to COVID times to sell in the short term as queues of nervous holders were very long you would have to take an IS knock of around 15% .
    A body blow if you wanted to get out .
    Or you could sit on an ever growing sell queue that could be months long . With your player getting older all the time.
    Now once order books come in there will be liquidity and ways to shift them on if you so desire.
    If you hold Messi at £5 and the instant sell is £4.30 you are stuck in the long queue .
    In the order book system You certainly won’t get your £5 but if your happy to offer shares at say £4.90 I’m sure you would sell quickly .
    So the concern of exit stagedys in these ageing dividend Kings would not be a worry ..
    This in turn would drive the prices of the high class oldies up as people would see a way out .
    Just topped up another 200 on each .
    Thoughts welcome!!!

It will benefit all types of player. The over 30s will still be depreciating assets though, order books wont change that but agree will be easier to get in and out if your just interested in divs.
    To use your example Messi is at £5 and theres a long queue who want to sell so there will end up being a long queue of sell orders well below market price to try and get rid. Yes it will be good that you can get a better price than if you IS but effectively the longer you hold the bigger hit your likely to take with capital depreciation.

• @Splurger_Dan Yes take your point . But there will be plenty more people willing to take a chance on a purchase.
    At present if Messi is £5 and you want him instantly you either pay £5 or you don’t get any shares.
    Once we get order books you may well think it’s worth taking a chance on him at say £4.88.
    It’s all about liquidity and my point is that liquidity on ageing dividend players is a problem .
    At present you know if you buy you are probably stuck with the player for a very long time.
    But with order books I think you will have an escape if you need it and feel the time is right .
    This is turn will keep money coming into these players and help to maintain prices .

• @Spot-the-value. Completely agree except for them maintaining value, they will depreciate the older they get, no getting away from it. The point you make about not being stuck really does apply to the whole platform which is the great thing about order books.

• You still need someone to buy them. If Messi at 5 quid takes months to sell then it's extremely optimistic to think that offering at 4.90 is going to sell quickly.

In reality the people in the sell queue before will now probably under cut you and you will have to go lower if you want a quick sell.

In fact, I would probably see buying the likes of Messi and Ronnie now as a mistake. The traders worried about their age and who are stuck in a long queue could well offer the futures up at a cheaper price once order books are live. So you may well get them for a much cheaper price.

• @mike778 said in Messi Ronaldo and the old boys.:

You still need someone to buy them. If Messi at 5 quid takes months to sell then it's extremely optimistic to think that offering at 4.90 is going to sell quickly.

In reality the people in the sell queue before will now probably under cut you and you will have to go lower if you want a quick sell.

In fact, I would probably see buying the likes of Messi and Ronnie now as a mistake. The traders worried about their age and who are stuck in a long queue could well offer the futures up at a cheaper price once order books are live. So you may well get them for a much cheaper price.

Well from what I have seen what I said is exactly what is happening .
    Messi most of the time you can sell in batches of 20 or 30 around 5p less than market sell.
    Ronaldo also similar . So the weight of worry about an exit point for both of them is greatly reduced and I think ME has made them probably the most desirable holds on the index . They will undoubtably be two of the top 5 dividend winners in the next year . I just keep topping up . Always somebody wants a Messi or Ronaldo at a slightly reduced rate . Please somebody tell me a downside bar a career threatening injury . But that risk is present with any player .

• Value for money, I don't see many players close to Ronny for dividends. Media dropping down from 5 places will affect him a bit but the guy who won 5p divs the other day because Ian Holloway once mentioned the size of his corey shows exactly what an asset he is.

And the PB days with Bayern's season finishing early and PSG not playing any more, he's gonna be absolute fire.

• @Lukeroro said in Messi Ronaldo and the old boys.:

Value for money, I don't see many players close to Ronny for dividends. Media dropping down from 5 places will affect him a bit but the guy who won 5p divs the other day because Ian Holloway once mentioned the size of his corey shows exactly what an asset he is.

And the PB days with Bayern's season finishing early and PSG not playing any more, he's gonna be absolute fire.

I thought his lad was called Cristiano junior not Corey??🤔

• @Lukeroro I have held Ronnie for over 2 months now, I’m very happy with his dividend return. Have you got an exit plan for him, I was thinking just before the euros. As long as he looks like he’s going to be playing in a Pb leauge in the 2021/2022 season I think his price will be similar to what it is now or maybe a bit more. But the divs he will win from now till next June should be great

• @Dan-w said in Messi Ronaldo and the old boys.:

@Lukeroro said in Messi Ronaldo and the old boys.:

Value for money, I don't see many players close to Ronny for dividends. Media dropping down from 5 places will affect him a bit but the guy who won 5p divs the other day because Ian Holloway once mentioned the size of his corey shows exactly what an asset he is.

I thought his lad was called Cristiano junior not Corey??🤔

Oh, I can't believe for a second you'd think Holloway was talking about his son! 🤣

@Coop-dog no, he tends to dip over summer and at the beginning of the season and rise towards Christmas. I reckon this hiatus could have extended his career to fly past 2022 WC so far the moment I'm happy to reap the rewards whilst the rest of my port crashes and burns!

• @Spot-the-value.

Do not forget that commission will also be applicable in the future so buying at 4.90 with 2% to pay is just about the same as buying at £5 from FI.

Once full order books are in place I would expect the oldies to trade around 5 to 10% cheaper than there market price

• @Fletch Yep would agree with that .
    But I remember the old IS on messi before ME used to have around a 15% spread . So they much easier and higher prices to shift then in past .
    Happy to hold both at moment and can still see exit points when they inevitably win a gold day star player sometime probably before the end of this season .