5 Subs - PB?

• Hi guys

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52592431

As somebody who only joined in Feb how do you think this will effect things?

If some of the usual PB machines or somebody on course to be gets taken off (Star players rested) then could it be that lesser players that happen to last the ninety snatch PB?

Half the outfield players won’t play the full game!

• @PaulM good thinking, you could well be right. Problem is I think its anyones guess who may benefit in this situation. Personally as it's only for a month I dont think it's worth trying to buy based on short term events, I would rather spend my money wisely for the longterm. It's a 3 year bet, what happens in one month isn't here nor there if your happy to look longer term. That's just my view though, I'm sure short term traders would see it differently.

• @Splurger_Dan

I’m generally geared up for the long term but clocked some previous comments about good players getting hauled off after 75/80 minutes and missing out on PB because of it. Just wondered if this might cause some panic?!

• Gnabry will only need 60 or 70 mins to nail PB 😉

• @PaulM see exactly what you mean. Some players are maybe more lightly to play full 90 but as I said thinks its risky to potentially buy in purely based on that and not their overall quality. Players getting pulled off when there on the way to a pb win happens all season even when it's only 3 subs, just one of those things. I would say it's going to be more likely that the proven pb player will win pb than it is someone gambling on a lesser option and coming out on top just to have a tiny chance of profiting for one month.

• Good shout

there's a player in Spain who's name escapes me that is well suited to PB but gets subbed every week at 70/75mins so never gets the win.

In theory this should bring winning scores down a bit. Normally I would say look at Whoscored stats and see who the regular 90min gang are...But....with 2 extra subs and worries of hamstring injuries etc after a lay-off anyone could get rested.

• Good for the youngsters... chance to get more game time

• @PaulM now you've got me thinking...
    A good example is Fred, hes done my Bruno over a few times when hes been yanked off. I still wouldnt buy the lesser option though. Unless your in the position to buy both. Also you would probably need to buy pogaz, matitch and tominay just to be sure and that's just utd. That is the point I'm getting at really.

• @Munchie63 said in 5 Subs - PB?:

Good shout

there's a player in Spain who's name escapes me that is well suited to PB but gets subbed every week at 70/75mins so never gets the win.

In theory this should bring winning scores down a bit. Normally I would say look at Whoscored stats and see who the regular 90min gang are...But....with 2 extra subs and worries of hamstring injuries etc after a lay-off anyone could get rested.

Probably one of the Sevilla midfielders

• Just a thought but imagine if fi changed PB slightly, so instead of being based on a PB total it was based on a PB per minute basis, so a player scoring 180 in 60 minutes has a score of 3.0 but the player scoring 235 in 90 minutes has a score if 2.5

• @Ddr @Munchie63
    Exactly what I was thinking. Joan Jordan came to mind.

• @Ddr said in 5 Subs - PB?:

Just a thought but imagine if fi changed PB slightly, so instead of being based on a PB total it was based on a PB per minute basis, so a player scoring 180 in 60 minutes has a score of 3.0 but the player scoring 235 in 90 minutes has a score if 2.5

You mean like awarding them points for something they haven't actually done? 🤔

0.1 seconds later - no, they will never do that in a million years.

Don't worry about that.

How's the little pinky? 😘

• @Erased-Citizen said in 5 Subs - PB?:

Gnabry will only need 60 or 70 mins to nail PB 😉

Or to get injured...

• @Munchie63 said in 5 Subs - PB?:

Good shout

It’ll be Joan bloody Jordan! Costs every time.

• Central defenders to win greater share of PB defender dividends compared to normal times. Flying wingbacks to be more frequently subbed?? Hold plenty of both so mostly just curious.

• @Martyn-B said in 5 Subs - PB?:

@Erased-Citizen said in 5 Subs - PB?:

Or to get injured...

He’ll be fine as they’ll take him off after his 60 min hattrick so he’s fresh for the next game.

However, knowing my luck he’ll get injured in the first five mins of the first game!

• @Martyn-B now he’s a Fwd or messi to not be playing that day 😂

@Erased-Citizen said in 5 Subs - PB?:

Or to get injured...

Thought we were friends 😭

Central defenders to win greater share of PB defender dividends compared to normal times. Flying wingbacks to be more frequently subbed?? Hold plenty of both so mostly just curious.

See this ere, well I saw this article hours ago and my first thought was that the main beneficiaries will be centre halves. Happy with my Jonathan Tahs and hintereggers

• @MickTurbo @Erased-Citizen

Apologies!! Mixed him up with Coman. Double checked their injury history on Tranfermarkt and both players have a 2 page injury record!!