How much commission have you paid? Poll.

• Banned

• Banned

0_1589107686985_upload-dd7b55b5-b9a0-4e79-8def-667d42d2da9a

• 0_1589108602979_upload-14176eb0-9ff9-4f6c-908e-6966d10bca7b

• Commission £429.48
    Dividends £5,080.50

• Good work guys. Sadly mine is the wrong way. £1300 divs and £1900 commission

• Still got some catching up to do dividends wise but that's just a legacy of my shocking levels of over trading as a newbie, coupled with not caring at all for dividends at that time. Since my watershed moment in early October around the time of the div increase announcement I have made a fair bit more in divs than I've paid in commission but still a little bit of catching up to do.

• @Tom7471 .. Not necessarily, it all depends on your system.. You most likely sell at a lower price point than the others and have a higher turn over of trades.. If you are still making money then all good..

• @Karl yeah it's been a good year on the index and I love to buy and sell (even more)!!

• £1700 in dividends
    £2500 in commission

• £17,100 dividends
    £2150 commission

• 0_1589111091486_upload-e0417c10-d0e2-47a3-8d00-50fb9ed27358

• The guy on the podcast with the long EPG article said he aimed for... I think it was 90% dividends to 10% commission or it might've been 80/20 at worst... or he said 90/10 so I thought that I'd aim for 80/20 at least. It's those sort of targets that I think are worth applying.

• In a year
    Commission £1339.80
    Dividends £3888.78
    Commission figure probably not completely reflective of my normal trading pattern as I am in the process of selling off my port so in the last month it is nearly £300 in commission

• Ive paid more in commission than ive earned in dividends but i know for a fact ive turned those dividends into a lot more than ive paid in commission, in fact the reason ive probably paid more in commission is because all the dividends i earn go back into cheaper cap app type players.

The other reason ive paid more commission is that i have in the past sold my entire portfolio at times when i have realised i have drifted off trend. Im happy to take that hit when i can foresee profits else where

• Banned

I don't think paying more commission is bad.
    The more we pay in commission, the better the site is imo.

In general sites take commission/rake etc and then give back 5-20% in bonuses etc, so it looks like they are being generous.

• 0_1589112407107_Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 13.06.15.png

• Commission £1189.35
    Dividends £8110.04

• Commission to divs isnt relevant the two are standalone. Commission is how much you trade, nothing more nothing less. More relevant would be commission in line with net deposits. If its greater than 2% you've done well cos it means you've made your money work for you to more than the value you put in.

I. E. If I put £100 in and trade up to £500 in a month I may not have won any divs. The commission I pay to sell the £500 is £10... Which is more than 2% of my net deposit.

You could buy Messi now and sell him in 3 years... Guarentee your divs will outweigh commission... 10/1 maybe even 50/1. Doesnt make it a good trade

• @Vespasian32 said in How much commission have you paid? Poll.:

Commission to divs isnt relevant the two are standalone. Commission is how much you trade, nothing more nothing less. More relevant would be commission in line with net deposits. If its greater than 2% you've done well cos it means you've made your money work for you to more than the value you put in.

I. E. If I put £100 in and trade up to £500 in a month I may not have won any divs. The commission I pay to sell the £500 is £10... Which is more than 2% of my net deposit.

You could buy Messi now and sell him in 3 years... Guarentee your divs will outweigh commission... 10/1 maybe even 50/1. Doesnt make it a good trade

Nail on heed - you could have made 500% on a player without getting any or relatively small dividends on him whilst the the same time losing out on a player even though they have raked in a steady stream of dividends over a period of time.

I personally dont trade in the search for dividends but whatever is going to make profit, so for me im more interested in getting cap app as that's where the serious money lies, then moving onto a new trade. I look upon dividends as a nice to have but when weighing up a trade i will look at how much growth potential there is in that player in a certain time-frame as opposed to how many dividends they are likely to return in that time frame. or example , people buying into a player like Ryan Gravenberch 12 months ago would have been mostly aware that he was unlikely to bring in any dividends but happy to take the 100%+ capp app.

other traders will make a killing by match day flipping and trading which would obviously prove detrimental to their commission totals.

A number of ways to skin a cat

Dividends £4105
    Net Deposit £5200
    So Around 80% on Vespasians calc

• Banned

@Vespasian32
    Mine comes out at 5.8% with that calc. But does that take into account when you deposited etc? Or does that not matter?