help please

• hi there,

i have recently signed up, and wanted to ask a few questions

1. why is sell price drastically lower than buy price?

2. can you set up a way of selling once a player hits a certain value?

3. once i earn a dividend if i sell the player do i lose the dividend?

sorry for the newbie questions

1. That is only the Instant Sell which is much lower to prevent the market collapsing during Coronavirus. When you market sell (Avoid Instant Sell) you should hopefully get the current buy price... even though it says the lower price when you list them for sale.

2. Hopefully when Order Books arrive... there's a further announcement regarding these on wednesday.

3. If you hold the player at about midnight then you should receive the dividends but if for example you held Pogba who was top of media that day but you sold him at 21:45 pm say then you wouldn't receive the dividends.

• Banned

@McDuff2020
    Hi

Sell price you see is Instant Sell (IS), and it is so low (and I think suspended) because of covid, to stop a crash. However there is also market sell, where you join a queue and you can set that up to 1p less than the buy price. MS is nearly always better than IS, which should be avoided.

Order books are coming in, which mean you can set a price (we think) but for now, only up to the buy price and there is no guarantee you get the price you want, you get the price that the player is at when you are at front of queue.

Dividends paid in as cash straight into your cash balance to spend, it is yours and never taken back.

• @McDuff2020 said in help please:

hi there,

Hi mate and welcome to FI...

1. Spreads are currently large as FI are protecting the market during covid. You also cannot instant sell currently (which is the price stated), but you can market sell at the buy price. When you market sell your shares go in a sell queue which reduces when other users buy. I’d advise always market selling as it’s easy to panic and instant sell when spreads are smaller.

2. Currently you can’t set up something like this but you can set a reserve price when you market sell. This means that your shares are taken out of the sell queue when the price drops below a specified price.

3. No, dividends go straight into your cash balance.

Hope this helps!

• Welcome!!

1- The spreads (difference between buy and sell price) were increased by FI at start of Covid to prevent mass withdrawals and mass panic. Spreads were usually 5 to 10% depending on the player, number of shares circulating and the riskiness of the trade. Now set to 40% spread. Market selling is unaffected, just the instant selling.

2- Order books incoming, multiple threads about it at the moment. Next announcement Wednesday.

3- Dividends are yours forever. Paid out just after midnight.

Have a read of the pinned "All things Football Index" thread pinned to the top of the subject list.

hi there,

1the difference (spread) was widened drastically at the start of the pandemic to prevent a major crash in the market

2 currently no, however there is a possibility that the introduction of order books may allow us to do this, although this depends on the way that they're implemented.....so it might be possible in the future, it might not

3 no, the dividend gets paid into your cash balance just after midnight and you are free to do whatever you want with the dividend itself and the share that earnt the dividend.

If you havent already, I'd suggest reading the 'all things football index thread ', should give you plenty of helpful info

Enjoy the ride!

• Banned

PaulM makes a good point, make sure you hold the player till after midnight on the day he gets the divs.

hi there,

1. gap between buy and sell of 40% has been implemented since Covid 19 stopped the matches .
      It used to be between 5 and 10% on most players for an instant sale . But of course you can list to market and wait and sell at the buy
      2 . You will be able to list a player to sell at a certain price once order books are introduced in the next few months .
    2. If you sell the player once the dividend has been credited to your account you don’t lose the dividend if you sell the player .

Welcome to the index enjoy your journey .

• forgive my inherent stupidity but does the sell price ever go higher than the buy price?

as if you can only market sell up to 1p below price how do you make gains?

again sorry for all the silly questions

• @Ddr Snap!!

forgive my inherent stupidity but does the sell price ever go higher than the buy price?

EDIT my bad i noticed the price rises so all good thankyou all

forgive my inherent stupidity but does the sell price ever go higher than the buy price?

The only silly question is the question that is never asked.

The sell price shown is for instant sell (back to fi) and will never be higher than the buy price. However, if you market list your players then you will receive the current buy price at the point they sell, as this is another trader buying the shares from you.

You dont have to set a reserve when market listing, although it's a good safety net if your hold is only just over the profit margin that you want to achieve, so you are able to sell at current buy price. Additionally, you're not factoring in that you may have bought at 1 quid, but by the time you look to sell his buy price could be 1.50, this is known as capital Appreciation, basically the value of the asset you bought has gone up since you bought it

• Banned

@McDuff2020
    Generally, for every 900 shares bought, the buy price goes up by 1p. For every 900 shares sold, the buy price goes down by 1p.

• ^^^ incorrect information @McDuff2020

It's actually 927 shares purchased/sold to move the share price up/down a penny sub £1.

This delta generally gets less the higher up the market you go.

The players at the top end of the market need 600 shares purchased/sold to move them up/down in price a penny.

The delta's are different from the bottom end due to the WOM (weight of money) it takes to move them.

Welcome to the forum. 👍

• @Ericali just out of curiosity, when was the last time you or others did the delta testing? And could you kindly provide the forum with the numbers for each band 😁

• @Ddr Thankyou, i'm very new to this i get the feeling i may just have wasted what i put in but ill ride it out and learn from it.

• Banned

@McDuff2020
    Feel free to screenshot your portfolio for advice if you are worried, and we can let you know what we think

• @McDuff2020 did you have a read of the all things football index thread?

Forum users will generally be helpful, however always remember that if someone is pumping a player they may (or may not) have a vested interest in that player, so always do your own research

• @McDuff2020 Hi and welcome, I recommend reading "all things football index" to give you a helping hand including any videos recently done by FI. Dont worry about asking any questions either, we were all new once and it takes a little bit of time to get used to everything, people on the forum are generally helpful. I thought the same as you when I first joined (17 months) ago playing with a relatively small budget. One of the best things I've done though and its definitely better than losing money at the bookies every week.

• @Shippers ill take any advice i can get, i think my initial investments here have been ill thought through, but ill try to do the best i can with it