Gnabry and.......

• I’m after some advice on who to purchase alongside Gnabry for my portfolio.

My port is aimed at Cap App and apart from two players (Havertz and Gnabry) everyone else is under £4 with most being under £3. However, I want two players in my port (will be selling Havertz if he gets a move) that are priced between £4-£6 and are going to be regular challengers for PB but who also have some half decent price growth in them.

At the minute one spot is filled by Gnabry but who would you recommend adding to that?

I’ve looked at Kimmich and despite being a PB monster he doesn’t have much price growth in him and he’s been changed from a defence to midfielder.

I would consider someone over £6 but would need to be a strong case put forward as I only deposit about £150-£200 a month into my port and will take 2-3 months to build an initial base of 100-200 shares of this pick.

• @Erased-Citizen

I assume yours looking at BL suggestions. I'd probably say Sabitzer or Kostic. Think Nkunku has gone a bit beyond a good price.

I hold Sabitzer but not Kostic because I think factors of age and their teams relative prospects just make Sab look much the better proposition personally

• @MickTurbo said in Gnabry and.......:

@Erased-Citizen

I assume yours looking at BL suggestions. I'd probably say Sabitzer or Kostic. Think Nkunku has gone a bit beyond a good price.

I hold Sabitzer but not Kostic because I think factors of age and their teams relative prospects just make Sab look much the better proposition personally

Doesn’t have to be restricted to BL as this would be a long term hold (like Gnabry). I’ve already got Sabitzer but happy to load up on him more than planned. Is he likely to be a future £4-5+ player?

• Was thinking of someone already £4 or higher or maybe there isn’t another standout like Gnabry who for me is underpriced and always a PB contender.

• Theres not a lot to choose from in that price range but I'd say Maddison, I think he is a cracking player and will not be at Leicester for much longer. He has lots PB and MB potential and his price will will only go up

Don't hold but he is one of my top priorities amongst the most expensive

• @JB good shout. Also thinking of Foden but need more evidence first that he’s going to be given a chance. I already have Jesus as I think he’ll fly when becoming the main man after Aguero steps aside.

• @Erased-Citizen The £4-£6 range is an odd one because it contains alot of potential rather than proven div winners and alot of them have a transfer factored into price.
    From that bracket I hold Greenwood who is very likely to make good capp app for a longterm hold. I also have Depay who will have transfer spec and is a great pb performer but french league is cancelled so wont see pb returns any time soon. If you were to go a bit higher I just dont think you'll go wrong with Rashford, still only 22, English, Man utd, good pb for age, good mb, euros and world cup to come and is on a small price dip at the mo.
    Personally I wouldn't restrict yourself to a price bracket, there is lots of potential for good pb and cap app below there. My port(on my profile) is pretty much made up of the best under 25s for pb and with big potential for capp app. Loads of them are in the £1-£3 bracket.

• @Erased-Citizen Indeed I haven't seen enough of Foden to confidently put my money on him

• @Splurger_Dan Yeah Rashford seems ideal but I’m a little apprehensive because of his niggling injury worries over the last couple of seasons.

I like what I’ve seen of Greenwood but is he going to get a chance as United keep going with Martial and are always touting for a forward. I think he’s the same as Foden at City; will they finally give him a good run of games.

I already have a far few that you have in your port (Malen, Aouchiche, Isak, etc) so maybe I should just go bigger on topping one of those up!

• Raheem Sterling. Still got loads of CA potential. Will win more MB than PB but capable of challenging for either on a good day.

• Leroy sane..

Just come back from injury, has a good climb in him... has everything to be a top pb player and possible move too.. which could help his game time and pb scores.. euro ect if can stay fit... which is the only risk in my eyes

Reece James- will be a prem fb with europe next season I expect.. will deffo play rb or rob next season and can do it all... another top player In the making imo

Both around the price range of 3-4

• @Lanzini564 already got Sane mate and slowly topping up every now and then. I agree that he has a very bright future!

• How about a bit of KDB, £4.71 is a Bargin, if he goes on a little PB run you would think he would get to 5.50 min (he could even do that in the build up to EPL returning) at which point you can then decide if you want to cash out or hold longer as a long term divs provider, which can be used to generate money for using on the rest of your port.

• @Chris-C said in Gnabry and.......:

How about a bit of KDB, £4.71 is a Bargin, if he goes on a little PB run you would think he would get to 5.50 min (he could even do that in the build up to EPL returning) at which point you can then decide if you want to cash out or hold longer as a long term divs provider, which can be used to generate money for using on the rest of your port.

Incredible player but a bit too risky for me with a few question marks over him. Been very injury prone the last 24 months and at present no European football if the charge against City is upheld. Who would buy him and would he be as effective as he’s been at City (same role, form, etc)?

• I will be looking at chelsea next season to see how they line up, good be some gems in there.

• Agree with Chris. Kimmich, Gnabry and KDB fit the crieria of proven, popular PB holds with obvious room for CA. I'd even say Werner too

• @Erased-Citizen said in Gnabry and.......:

@Splurger_Dan Yeah Rashford seems ideal but I’m a little apprehensive because of his niggling injury worries over the last couple of seasons.

I like what I’ve seen of Greenwood but is he going to get a chance as United keep going with Martial and are always touting for a forward. I think he’s the same as Foden at City; will they finally give him a good run of games.

I already have a far few that you have in your port (Malen, Aouchiche, Isak, etc) so maybe I should just go bigger on topping one of those up!

Not to bothered about Injuries with Rashford, he's had to much reliance on him to carry the team as the squad had no depth so he didnt get the rest he needed. His last back injury was a stress fracture brought on by the fact that he carried on playing with a problem. Utd are looker stronger now and with more options and creativity it will only benefit Rashford who was already getting great pb scores in a bang average team at the time.

Greenwood as I said is longterm hes only 18! Utd dont want to pile the pressure on him now hes just being nurtured. No doubt that utd have him down as the future though and just in the little hes played his pb base is very good and Martial is hopeless for pb. Although hes for the longterm he will still have a big part to play next season. He is just going to keep increasing.

Yeah wont go wrong with topping up on them mate. The 3 I have around that price that I think really stand out the most for being underpriced for their pb outputs amongst other things are Richarlison and Kluivert and a cheaper option for a DF just back from injury is Demiral.

• @Splurger_Dan said in Gnabry and.......:

@Erased-Citizen said in Gnabry and.......:

@Splurger_Dan Yeah Rashford seems ideal but I’m a little apprehensive because of his niggling injury worries over the last couple of seasons.

Not to bothered about Injuries with Rashford, he's had to much reliance on him to carry the team as the squad had no depth so he didnt get the rest he needed. His last back injury was a stress fracture brought on by the fact that he carried on playing with a problem. Utd are looker stronger now and with more options and creativity it will only benefit Rashford who was already getting great pb scores in a bang average team at the time.

Greenwood as I said is longterm hes only 18! Utd dont want to pile the pressure on him now hes just being nurtured. No doubt that utd have him down as the future though and just in the little hes played his pb base is very good and Martial is hopeless for pb. Although hes for the longterm he will still have a big part to play next season. He is just going to keep increasing.

Yeah wont go wrong with topping up on them mate. The 3 I have around that price that I think really stand out the most for being underpriced for their pb outputs amongst other things are Richarlison and Kluivert and a cheaper option for a DF just back from injury is Demiral.

I think Rashford is the one I’m fancying the most, especially with the Euros next year. Also the excellence of Bruno will aid him and the MB system loves anyone who’s a United player.

I’m one of those that don’t rate Richarlison, so I’ll pass on him.

• @Erased-Citizen

Just outside your price bracket is Eden Hazard at £3.72. I have held for a year now and it has been rocky road but I still see a lot of potential CA and PB/MB.

Worst case scenario, what can possibly go wrong with any trade??

Leave the EPL, have a very rapid, quiet transfer, get fat, struggle to fit into new team, get injured, loss of form, second injury and then a global pandemic ends all football. His price dropped but it would be a miracle if it hadn't!!

Hopefully this will all soon be behind him. He is a genuine world class player, will settle into RM team who should go far in most tournaments, stay fit and then has the Euros and WC and with Chelsea and EPL connection will get the occasional MB.

Happy to hold and on my potential top up list.

• @Martyn-B

Makes a lot of sense mate.