Kompany

• Why would kompany be up 5p? I know he is leading the media but as he isn’t playing anymore surely you have to be confident he will win multiple media divs to cover the cost of not being able to sell later? I may be missing something but would like to know if there is value in holding non playing / retired players as I guess this will happen to Rooney in 18 months?

• @Gazza there is no accounting for the stupidity of some traders

• I'm pretty sure somewhere in their own rules it says a player can't earn dividends unless they have played a competitive game some time in the last year so technically he should be removed.

• Hes actually player manager and has made 15 appearances this season

• Not Playing???? really i think your find he is playing for Anderlecht last appearance played 86 mins in a 7-0 win on the 7th to march this year

• Sincerely, not saying you should buy, but if he wins and you bought at 17-18p he is returning ~27.5% to you in a day. He will have other possibilities to talk and win divs and, if he is not retiring, Anderlecht should play EL. If you are buying you should know you won’t be probably market selling tomorrow, but could be a good trade if timed correctly.

Pogba should win 207p to give you the same return, which would probably take him ~1.5years if he stays at Mutd

• Like @DillyDong says, theres a rule whereby if you haven't played in a PB eligible match in a year you are then ineligible for MB dividends, therefore all of Kompanys media should be removed

• @MickTurbo he played many with City and Belgium

• @MickTurbo True, but not enforced, Yaya Toure won MB and has been off the grid in China far longer than Company.

Also wasn't Company's goal to seal the league this time last year?? Or am I getting old and that was 2 years ago??

• @Martyn-B @MickTurbo I was just looking into this he scored 'that' winner on 6 may and then appeared in the final game of the season last year on 12 may......so hes actually 2 days less than a year since playing his last PB eligible game.

So as Joey once famously said, this is all a cows opinion. Its moot

• @Martyn-B Nope you are absolutelly right. 1-0 against Leicester on May 6 2019

• @Ddr arghh you beat me to it

• @Ddr @JB

Thanks, glad my memory isn't failing me yet. Also a moot point, regardless of when his last PB game was, if he is available on the Index he will win MB. Still wouldn't buy him though...

• @NewUser455434 good luck ever trying to sell a decent amount of shares, if you held a 100 you may be ok but your gonna come out of the trade with a massive......wait for it.......hang on its worth that wait.......£10 if your having the luckiest day of your life. I'll pass me thinks on this one

• @Ddr said in Kompany:

@Martyn-B @MickTurbo I was just looking into this he scored 'that' winner on 6 may and then appeared in the final game of the season last year on 12 may......so hes actually 2 days less than a year since playing his last PB eligible game.

So as Joey once famously said, this is all a cows opinion. Its moot

Fair play. Still doesnt make top much sense to buy him though, even if he takes top spot today tomorrow and Monday you're losing on him.

@NewUser455434 it is certainly a fact that he played many games for both City and Belgium but the key part of what I was saying was 'in the last year'. Turns out hes got 2 days left

@Martyn-B how dya fe about it not being enforced though? Surely if it's a rule the presumption is that it will be applied and we all trade accordingly

• @MickTurbo he played the last Euro Cup qualification game with Belgium in June

• @deano sorry not playing in a pb league I meant - highly unlikely to return to one as well

• @MickTurbo This just gets added to all the problems with the current MB system. I would probably score it 2/10. So many issues, due to be changed/overhauled so just playing with what we have for now and fairly relaxed about it.

So many retired players need to be removed. Maybe current players who haven't played a PB match in 1 year and are MB ineligible should be highlighted somehow, then clear and fair to not pay MB.

Big future issue will be Rooney, he needs to be removed the day after he retires, no way he can win weekly MB for coaching press conferences or a media column.

• @Martyn-B yeh suppose bigger fish to fry but yeh rooney will be the first time this becomes a major problem I suppose as he defo can win it. The likes of Crouchy and Evra will get a few articles most days without ever actually becoming a big issue

• @MickTurbo @Martyn-B I wouldnt be surprised if they amended the rule when they do the mb overhaul, after all you could have someone like bruno playing in portugal who hadn't played PB football but had loads of transfer spec to a PB league.

Opening up the mb from top 200 to the whole index means that there are likely to be slight anomalies within the rules.....I'd go so far as to say I reckon that fi have completely forgotten that they initially put this in the rules