New article: Strategy quiz, managing and tracking your port.

• Have been looking into trading strategies and even tried to make a diagnostic type quiz...if it's awful, I blame the new born baby brain!

But I'd be interested to hear the results if you feel it did work at all... few punts from this community I'd make from reading posts on here over time are @Advinculas-Index and @johnboywalker = Mostly market timers? @Vespasian32 are you a Swinger? @MickTurbo think you play a few types. @Ericali maybe timer, or scalper or heading that way with OBs coming? @Martyn-B @janner73, @Millerman, @IRISHFI and @MrWh1te thinking generally fundamentalists or positioners?

Very difficult to call it just by what we see on here, but genuinely interested to see what ratios of each type the whole forum has! So please share your result.

Also there are a few tips to new traders throughout this article, but mostly about how to manage and track your port- thanks @Coleyscrooge for your IRR help.

https://www.footballtradinginsights.com/post/insight-5-which-strategy-suits-you-by-westy

• Thanks, working tonight so will have a play with it tomorrow. Interested to find out what the profile of a fundamentalist is. Will get back to you...

• Banned

@Westy
    You got me nailed on, all 4's for me. Time consuming when picking a player, but once picked, I barely do anything, it runs itself :)

• My answers were all over the place, 2 × 1, 1 ×2, 3× 3, 1 ×4. In life I'm quite an impatient person but in FI I think im moderately patient where necessary. Reading your write up on swing traders it really chimed and I'm probably that, but in principle I'd say I'm a market timer. I spend a lot of time thinking about the next trend and the one after that. I have to say though, that I do trade on sentiment. I have to feel something for a player if I am to hold him. (That seems a bit homo-erotic). But for example, plenty of people will make plenty of money on Mbappe, or Maddison, or Ziyech, or Mane, or a randomer like Mateta, but I'll always stay away from these types because I just dont think they should be a good hold even though Mbappe is clearly gonna be near the summit for a very long time, and most I've named will go on to rise in price without doubt

• Another good read, just out of interest, how do you find the time to deal with a newborn, work full time, research and track your port and write these articles lol

Worked out that I fall between a positioner and gut trader which is fairly accurate really

• Tremendous article enjoyed reading thanks Westy

• Good Article!!
    Positional trading for me with a little bit of fundamentalism for good measure.

With regards to ROI/IRR I am not sure which is the better one for me to go off when judging my Porfolio. Effectively when i joined I put in most of the capital that i have in the platform within the first 3 months from July to September, then just made small deposits (like £20 here and there) up and till December then no more deposits and no withdrawal either but i have re invested all dividends won in the 10 months of being on the index. So should i go by the ROI figure which is 52.64% or my IRR figure which is 84.09%. I am not really sure of what the difference is between then, and if i am just going to hold for 3 years and then sell up anyway (due to share expiry) does it even matter?

• Glad you touched on the IRR vs ROI... We had that great thread from @Coleyscrooge here but nobody on twitter ever mentions it. Its so important when deposits are staggered... Let alone if there are withdrawals too. If you deposit once then ROI will take you quite far...otherwise its meaningless.

• Banned

@Chris-C I believe (and I hope someone will correct me if wrong) that the IRR is more effective the longer the period, because that is your rate per year, and its easy to compare to savings accounts etc and with others.
    ROI is more dependent on when you deposited and so far less accurate.

• @Chris-C yeh as @MrWh1te says but also think it sounds like your going towards roi being more useful for you. I will calculate mine soon, it coukd be 150% but to me I know I haven't made that much cash wise, so I prefer roi.

• Ok Cool Thanks :)

• Top work @westy

My scores were quite varied
    2 x 1
    1 x 3
    1 x 4
    3 x 2

I see myself primarily falling into the Sentiment Trader category but with a significant level of Market timer and "Gut" thrown into the mix which sort of ties in with the above.

I think my IRR was something like 142% when i checked last week - a very useful thread @Coleyscrooge

Is the question that you aimed at @Vespasian32 in the OP related to his trading technique?

• @Advinculas-Index prefer Cricket to Baseball.

• @Westy nice article mate. My results were 1242444 so not sure where I fit really. My strategy used to be longer term and now I'm very much short term.

• @Ddr calorific diet and hardly any sleep!

• @MickTurbo said in New article: Strategy quiz, managing and tracking your port.:

My answers were all over the place, 2 × 1, 1 ×2, 3× 3, 1 ×4. In life I'm quite an impatient person but in FI I think im moderately patient where necessary. Reading your write up on swing traders it really chimed and I'm probably that, but in principle I'd say I'm a market timer. I spend a lot of time thinking about the next trend and the one after that. I have to say though, that I do trade on sentiment. I have to feel something for a player if I am to hold him. (That seems a bit homo-erotic). But for example, plenty of people will make plenty of money on Mbappe, or Maddison, or Ziyech, or Mane, or a randomer like Mateta, but I'll always stay away from these types because I just dont think they should be a good hold even though Mbappe is clearly gonna be near the summit for a very long time, and most I've named will go on to rise in price without doubt

Surely your a 'swinger' going by your profile pic😂

• @Westy lmao and bloody good time management as well I'd imagine

• @Westy nearly all 3s so market timer although I dont really try to move between trends. I have a criteria that applies to just about the whole port and I stick with it longterm. I like to think its diverse enough that it covers youth and pb/mb.

• No scalper yet? Think we will see it more with order books?

• @Westy Apparently I am a swing trader, but my answers were very balanced across the board!