Has Boris just killed the premier leagues wish to return?

• So now that we know how the government will approach the easing of lock down, how can the FA contemplate starting the premiere league up again in June? We are still getting new infections of players now that training has started again. If we are being told the earliest that entertainment events is July, and I use that as a guide, and a very optimistic guide, surely this means cancellation and awarding of titles, European places and relegations, or voiding the season. What’s everyone opinion?

• Far as I see it he has given the premier league the green light mate! 😀👍

"Those who can't work from home, please try and go to work"

Sounds very much like a footballer to me! 😉

• Based on that, I think you're right that it'll be pushed back again. Whether that means they'll call the season as is or just keep suspending it is another matter though I think.

• @NewUser122021 not how I interpreted it really. It's only 10th May so they will assess each week which could make June very possible. I'm sure June is probably the plan behind the scenes but hes not going to say it at this point. The funny thing is he announced that construction workers could go back if they followed guide lines, construction hadn't stopped.

• @Splurger_Dan his words were, at the very earliest July St for entertainment related events, regardless. Same with schools for reception and year1 being June St at the earliest. Regardless the ‘R’ value will rise again, as it did in Germany when lock down restrictions were eased.

• @Splurger_Dan

I got a sense that Boris was preparing us for a second wave (which German professors have said is inevitable).

I think we will see some stop-starting during the conclusion of this season and through the early part of next season.

Quite concerned about winter to be honest 😐

• He didn’t specifically mention the EPL so I didn’t take anything from it. Whenever it’s safe for the season to resume, I’m sure it will. If that’s June, July, August makes no difference.

• @NewUser122021 yeah what an idiot second breakout of this virus incoming. I give it about a week before we get forced into another lockdown. They make decisions based on what’s happening in london but forget to consider the rest of the country who arent on a downward trend just a plateau sustained by the lockdown

• @NewUser122021 said in Has Boris just killed the premier leagues wish to return?:

@Splurger_Dan his words were, at the very earliest July St for entertainment related events, regardless. Same with schools for reception and year1 being June St at the earliest. Regardless the ‘R’ value will rise again, as it did in Germany when lock down restrictions were eased.

You might be right but I wouldn't bet against footie in June. He wasnt specific about football and as it would be behind closed doors it may be considered ok. I'm sure there will be lots of other conflicting info over the next few days and weeks.

• @NewUser122021 said in Has Boris just killed the premier leagues wish to return?:

@Splurger_Dan his words were, at the very earliest July St for entertainment related events, regardless. Same with schools for reception and year1 being June St at the earliest. Regardless the ‘R’ value will rise again, as it did in Germany when lock down restrictions were eased.

Actually I think he said july 1st for hospitality businesses, not entertainment

• Aren't Brighton opposed to restarting the PL altogether?

I can't see it being completed. I think they will try - but it will get curtailed.

• @Black-wolf it appears that alot of people never followed lockdown guidance and especially recently it's clear these people decided lockdown was already over. Boris can implement what ever he likes but if people can't take responsibility for their own actions and follow the guidelines it's pointless. To many entitled people that will always blame someone else than themselves. Those idiots clapping on Westminster bridge with the police early on in lockdown is the best example.

• @Ericali said in Has Boris just killed the premier leagues wish to return?:

Aren't Brighton opposed to restarting the PL altogether?

I can't see it being completed. I think they will try - but it will get curtailed.

Brighton should be fucked off to the championship anyway. Moaning little bitches of late. Making out home advantage is such a huge thing when they’ll be without a crowd anyway and would only be on a ‘home’ pitch the visitors would have played and had experience on before anyway. It’s not like an away FA Cup match at a non-league club.

• Judging by some of Fridays VE celebration pictures there will likely be another spike in 3 weeks

• Wrong decision. R below one but only just. Surely to christ another 3 weeks of lockdown would have given us an excellent chance of really turning the screw on COVID. I think this will backfire and will be the nail in the coffin for the completion of the '19-'20 season in this country. may even see a delayed start to next season.

In terms of FI theres little to no bearing as I do believe Italy and Spain will be playing football before June is out

• @MickTurbo said in Has Boris just killed the premier leagues wish to return?:

Wrong decision. R below one but only just. Surely to christ another 3 weeks of lockdown would have given us an excellent chance of really turning the screw on COVID. I think this will backfire and will be the nail in the coffin for the completion of the '19-'20 season in this country. may even see a delayed start to next season.

In terms of FI theres little to no bearing as I do believe Italy and Spain will be playing football before June is out

Unless I missed something, lockdown hasn’t been ended?

• @Erased-Citizen said in Has Boris just killed the premier leagues wish to return?:

@MickTurbo said in Has Boris just killed the premier leagues wish to return?:

Wrong decision. R below one but only just. Surely to christ another 3 weeks of lockdown would have given us an excellent chance of really turning the screw on COVID. I think this will backfire and will be the nail in the coffin for the completion of the '19-'20 season in this country. may even see a delayed start to next season.

May as well be.

"Go to work if you can't work from home" (any job without a computer basically!)
    "Exercise as much as you want, sit in the park, go the beach, but stay 2m apart where possible" (self explanatory)

• @Erased-Citizen depends what you class as lockdown I suppose. People going back to work. He may have discouraged using public transport but if you dont have a car and live a few miles from work and your boss is expecting u in the morning then you're gonna get the bus aren't ya. Unlimited exercise. Ppl will abuse that fucker. He may not have said the words but to me, what were going into from tomorrow is not a lockdown

• @Erased-Citizen said in Has Boris just killed the premier leagues wish to return?:

@MickTurbo said in Has Boris just killed the premier leagues wish to return?:

No it hasn't. The only things he has added are things that most people have been doing the whole period anyway. Sitting on benches, exercising in public more than once a day and people that cant work from home go to work still following distancing guidelines.

• @Erased-Citizen it does make a huge difference as uefa have given a deadline to all European league of 25th may to decide their plans on league resumptions, basically uefa need to know what is going on, so if by 25th may any league can't guarantee a finish date that falls within qualifying for champs league which is a pisstake as that wont be happening in July with countries travel bans but oh well. So in short they can't extend past that date