Strategies

• Relatively new to the index. Just interested in what people think the best strategy is for turning over a profit in the short term (providing you make the right trades). Which methods are the most profitable. Focusing on IPD, picking players almost nailed on to return that, or focusing on PB/MB players and turning them over on a regular basis after a good performance.

• @NewUser606243 imo most profitable way is to trade on trends. The Bundesliga PB trend is very much under way but will still go bonkers between now and the wknd. If u want to flip a few and move on quickly then there'll be opportunities here without a doubt. But since you're fairly new this is tricky as it does require experience.

Next in line will be 1 of 2 things. If all goes well in Germany, then Italian and Spanish PB will be the next trend. But if it goes Pete Tong then PB willbe dumped and you'll be looking at MB magnets like Pog again, or transfer targets like Aouar. I'd like to say Kane, but he appears to have taken out a super injunction on every MB outlet about a fortnight ago

• https://forums.footballindex.co.uk/category/2/general-trading-discussion

This link to a thread from yesterday could be useful. Theres a link to a site that talks about strategy and can do a quiz to see what could suit you, found it interesting.

• @MickTurbo said in Strategies:

@NewUser606243 imo most profitable way is to trade on trends. The Bundesliga PB trend is very much under way but will still go bonkers between now and the wknd. If u want to flip a few and move on quickly then there'll be opportunities here without a doubt. But since you're fairly new this is tricky as it does require experience.

Next in line will be 1 of 2 things. If all goes well in Germany, then Italian and Spanish PB will be the next trend. But if it goes Pete Tong then PB willbe dumped and you'll be looking at MB magnets like Pog again, or transfer targets like Aouar. I'd like to say Kane, but he appears to have taken out a super injunction on every MB outlet about a fortnight ago

That's the thing, I'm tempted to bank the profit on my German holds but then it's also currently the only place football is being played and I want some sort of interest in it! Skov is a perfect example of this, up about 35% on him but then he looks a great shout whilst Germany is the only football on!

• @ChazFI123 I trimmed I little bit of profit last week but have kept the vast majority of my BL interest because I think its gonna be the only PB footy for at least 3 weeks so I think prices will go up almost universally barring injuries or anything unforeseen, and also because it's a relatively easy run at PB dividends

• @MickTurbo I imagine there will be a lot of gamblers entering the BL market soon too, if things fall your way PB wise you could get some ridiculous rises.

• Waiting for the order books to open up and then going to pop a few players on and wait for them to sell at the ROI I am wanting.

Then, because I will be at the end of needing some short term cash (buying house), I will then be looking at the World Cup 2022.

With the introduction of order books I see nothing but huge investment into the platform, I am going to start looking at players that are already on the index, but may be missed or possibly due a move in the next year or two.

Hoping to double my current portfolio value by that time - at least.

• With players coming back a few pounds overweight and lacking match fitness I see an opportunity of quick flips on those players that show form but that is not reflective of their current price. Especially compounded with people learning how to use the order book if that comes in quick. I think liquidity will be key. I'm building up a war chest of cash for some rip and run trades. Going in large, make my 10-15% then out.
    Also there will be a huge built up need for cash to pay bills so I see prices dropping short term so again those with cash can get themselves a bargain.

• The best strategy is to figure out your own style, this takes a bit of time but then you will build confidence.