It's Coming Home !

• Banned

@Dronny-Gaz
    Yeah it wont be though, so dont get excited :p

• June 16th Merseyside Derby is unofficially scheduled 😉

That was Liverpool's next scheduled game before everything was postponed.
    If my sources are correct, that would indicate the weekend of 16th June will be the premier league restart.

• It is too early to get excited. How can more than 20 men from different households gather without social distancing and spit all over the grass!?

Remember that you cannot go out to have a haircut until July.

• @Victory said in It's Coming Home !:

It is too early to get excited. How can more than 20 men from different households gather without social distancing and spit all over the grass!?

Remember that you cannot go out to have a haircut until July.

Even without the spitting how can they header a ball one after another? It would be covered in another players sweat. Then you have defenders having to consider the amount of contact they make when going in for a challenge

• Of course that could not work in general public or at grass roots but if it is 22 players who have tested negative before the game it would not spread anything. All depends on testing and teams actual willingness to finish the season in a sporting way.

• @Black-wolf @Victory

Lads, it shouldn't be an issue.

If everybody is tested, numerous times prior to each game, and nobody is positive... then any social distancing shouldn't matter.

The only social distancing you'll see is more likely for the cameras, so as not to be a bad influence to the millions watching

• @Dronny-Gaz I would say that's the end of this season for sure.New season will start early sept.

• Everyone involved in the games including staff, TV etc, would be tested 7days prior to games then all placed in isolation for 7 says. They will then be tested daily during isolation, meaning everyone involved will enter the stadium virus free. The only way this can fail is if anyone breaches the isolation and as we all know from the last 8 weeks, footballers are dicks and can't do as there told so I have no doubt someone will fcuk it up 😂 😂 😂

• Just ban Kyle Walker then

• @ScouseSte What if one player/one staff tested positive? Will the league be over?

Why is it so crucial for football players to go to "work" and giving bad examples of violating social distancing rules that everyone has to follow?

Every key worker has to follow social distancing rules or wear proper PPE, and they are tested negative too. Why don't football players have to follow the rules or wearing PPE like NHS workers?

Remember that there are millions of small business owners, who are desperate to reopen their shops in small, medium, big towns all over the country; they are backbones on the UK economy. Football players in 20 clubs are all millionaires, they are the minority; do they have to resume before businesses?

• I'm guessing the £480m or so in tax the players in the Prem alone pay makes them more important in terms of the economy. Will small business that is the backbone of the UK economy pay their employees knocking on the door of £1.6b a year?

Harsh, but its a fact.....money talks. And also all the other 'bits and bobs' the government gain in tax payments makes them a priority im afraid.

Unfortunately in life someone has to go before someone else...is a football player more important than a heart surgeon? I'd suggest not, but when it comes to economy, and all that comes with a football player then yeah they will be well at the front of the list.

Do I agree with it? No I don't.....but as well all know in life....its shite at times.

p.s. It will be great to see football back though eh!

• @ScouseSte to a degree but also have to test every single person that has been within the stadium or touched anything any of the players or staff may come into contact with. Its far more than 22 players and some backroom staff that need tested prior to every game. It only takes one player to catch it and the whole league is cancelled due to lack of safety or players calling for it and no one wants that, we all want the league completed

• @Victory said in It's Coming Home !:

@ScouseSte What if one player/one staff tested positive? Will the league be over?

Why is it so crucial for football players to go to "work" and giving bad examples of violating social distancing rules that everyone has to follow?

Every key worker has to follow social distancing rules or wear proper PPE, and they are tested negative too. Why don't football players have to follow the rules or wearing PPE like NHS workers?

Remember that there are millions of small business owners, who are desperate to reopen their shops in small, medium, big towns all over the country; they are backbones on the UK economy. Football players in 20 clubs are all millionaires, they are the minority; do they have to resume before businesses?

One player testing positive and the league is over? Ludicrous mate.

Look at Germany.

We work around it.

And we will be working around it for at least 12 months.

So all the clamour for the season to be voided is nonsense because the leagues probably realise next season could go the same way. It's going to be stop start and disrupted but this is something we gave to live with now.

• @Black-wolf said in It's Coming Home !:

@ScouseSte to a degree but also have to test every single person that has been within the stadium or touched anything any of the players or staff may come into contact with. Its far more than 22 players and some backroom staff that need tested prior to every game. It only takes one player to catch it and the whole league is cancelled due to lack of safety or players calling for it and no one wants that, we all want the league completed

I am under the impression that in Germany, every single person present at the games (camera crew the lot) are all being rigourously tested.

Being on the pitch is probably as safe as being home locked away in your bedroom

• @ScouseSte it would end the league as it would suggest they are unable to guarantee the safety of the players, staff and their families. They would have no choice but to follow health and safety guidelines as anything else would appear wreckless

• @Black-wolf said in It's Coming Home !:

@ScouseSte it would end the league as it would suggest they are unable to guarantee the safety of the players, staff and their families. They would have no choice but to follow health and safety guidelines as anything else would appear wreckless

0_1589220041777_IMG_1425.PNG

Just now that.

They won't end it, as in cancel. They will just pause again and resume when it's safer.

Or what I predict - they'll perhaps tell clubs that once we resume, if there is a further disruption then the table as it is at the time stands and all winners and relegations are honoured

• @Black-wolf tbh just look at the whites house everybody in there in and around trump gets tested yet they had an outbreak and even the Vice President apparently in isolation If they can’t keep it from trump n his inner circle. I doubt a football team, subs, camera men, officials, club officials can keep it away. I hope am wrong

Also what if say salah or another star player gets struck down does the rest of the team isolate. It only needs to be a players wife that could pass it on. That’s even without the John Terry’s in the world

I hope am wrong am from Liverpool waited 30 years for this. I just can’t see it happening :-((((

• @Victory NHS workers are in close contact with people with the virus, of course they have to wear PPE.

There are diferent levels of risk within society and football players are probably ones that come into contact with others the least actually as they live in their own little bubble

Sure there is a risk but certain sectors of society will have to reopen when deemed safe to do so and thats is what is going to happen, it does not mean we have to wait for the virus to be eradicated to come out of our caves

I understand where you are coming from and you are right to a certain extent but you need to put things into perspective and if you think about it shops and small businesses present a level of risk to others much higher than footbal players do

• @ScouseSte yes thats what i mean. They have no plans to void but if they restart then have to shut down again i think they may reconsider which is why i hope they only restart when they are certain they can safely but personally i think we may see a new wave of the virus before the 1st of june. That r number is going to rocket now