Kevin Danso

• Just curious if there are any fellow holders and what your opinions are of him, projections etc?

Cheers

• I've held him before. Twice. Was really excited when Saints got him in. Seemed to tick all the boxes. Saints had no decent centre backs (and apart from Stephens still don't in my opinion). He was described as a 'colossus', an attacking midfielder converted into a centre back with good passing and potential goal threat. Add to that he's an international already at his age and I thought I had landed a good one.

Having watched him play....well he's been pretty dreadful. He's played all across the backline and been pretty poor in each one. He has been messed around a bit, but if fucking Vestegaard is getting in ahead of you, then maybe you aren't very good. Everything was ripe for him to make a mark at Southampton and it is very telling that he didn't.

I wouldn't invest in him just yet. There is no rush. Wait till he goes back to Augsburg and see if he can get back in the side. If he does, you will still have time to invest and make good money I reckon. But for now there are better places to invest

• @Dr-Jan-Itor

Very detailed thanks for that mate. Watch list it is.

• Kevin dogshit danso, watched him couple times as I held and he was proper pony so sold sharpish

• Hojberg is the man from Southampton. Rumours gathering pace now.

• @MUFC said in Kevin Danso:

Kevin dogshit danso, watched him couple times as I held and he was proper pony so sold sharpish

Would do well in a Grand National though

• @Dr-Jan-Itor have you watched many saints games? Stephens was really poor for a number of seasons before hitting some form in December. Bednarek is certainly the superior centre back and has benefited from being a regular international for Poland.

• @Voetbal
    It might be just me but I don't think he's a fan.
    0_1589233879244_Screenshot_20200511-225044.png

• @Voetbal said in Kevin Danso:

@Dr-Jan-Itor have you watched many saints games? Stephens was really poor for a number of seasons before hitting some form in December. Bednarek is certainly the superior centre back and has benefited from being a regular international for Poland.

Just the odd game here and there. I always make sure I watch Saints at least once a week, for every week of the season ;)

I agree Stephens was really poor. I thought he was done, that he wasn't cut out for EPL football. He really proved me wrong and I hold my hands up . The level he was been getting to is far higher than any that Bednarek has got to. His ability to bring the ball out of defence is very good, and those centre backs are harder to find. Of course he now has to maintain that form, and show that is the level he can play to consistently. He may still be shit, he may be good, but he has shown signs he can get to a high level. He still has flaws to his game, but I think the club will bring in a centre back to compliment those. The club have invested soooo heavily in him that they aren't going to throw that away. An example of this is that since Stephens re emerged, if a centre back has had to make way, it is has always been Bednarek.

I do think Bednarek is okay, but I don't think he's good enough at the moment for a starting position for a side that wants to re establish itself in the top half. He's fine if we are happy 15-17th each season, but I hope the club has bigger aspirations. And given we have little in back up, I am expecting a signing, along with a right back. He has quite a few flaws to his game. In his favour his tackling timing is superb, as is his blocking. But he often finds himself out of position which is why he sometimes needs to make those challenges. And his passing is really poor for what is now expected of defenders. He also has indirect impact on bertrand who I feel is less willing to get forward. Both Stehpens and Bednarek struggle against pace and power, so eventually one of them will make way. All evidence suggests if we bring in a centre back, it will be Bednark who will initially make way.

@Dalian-Smith Funnily enough, if you went further back into my posts, you would have seen I recommended Bednarek back in january! But that was solely in the context of the euros. I don't think he's trash or anything. I just don't think he's quite good enough for the level we want to get to right now. But I think a season or two with as backup to a new cb that he can learn off and he can return as a starter even better.