Your Initial Feelings On 'The Matching Engine' (Poll)

• Listening to some of the feeling I've gauged from folks initial feedback. Interesting to see folks strength of feeling to this new dawn of trading.

• Banned

@Dalian-Smith
    I am absolutely undecided.
    I still think it will be:

1. small gains or
    2. big losses.

And really unsure of what to do :/

• @MrWh1te Is this just like Footstocks Orderbooks though but with a few tweaks?

• Banned

@Dalian-Smith
    Not really, because FI is already at some kind of market saturation.

Imagine if FS had Bruno up for £200.
    1000 people trying to buy him for £199.99 and 1000 people trying to sell him for £200.01

That is the equivalent of FS to FI now,

• @Dalian-Smith it’s not like FS. On Footstock few sellers/buyers can move the prices by a lot. Here the price will stay stable because there is x shares behind.

It’s just opportunity to buy players at discounted price from traders that want to sell. They need to clarify if IS will stay or not, because this point only will influence the lower end market (without IS it becomes very risky to buy players with no market, so less pump and dump probably)

• Hard to say how the market will respond here but on Footstock I'm forever buying players under their 'match price'. Most offers don't get accepted but a good few do. Generally if they don't get accepted it seems it because the player in question is on an upward curve. Its hard to say how the FI market will respond to this but it works well on Footstock for me so far

Fingers crossed but I've got a good feeling about this

• @Dalian-Smith the two are completely different. On FS I bought Welbeck for 20p and a few days later im selling for 70p... Sellers have power to set the high price and have done so because welbeck is in the lineup for tomorrow's game. No one need buy in between it can simply take 70p to move his price from 23p to 70p.

On FI its bids only and prices will still only change when people use the sell queue to list shares... Or pay full price. So for a player to go from 20p to 70p needs 45,000 shares to be bought, costing £22,500... 900 at 21p... 900 at 22p etc.. We will see such a flat market and no volatility... Which means opportunity for cap ap is minimal.

• People, me included, will lose a lot on the random unknown players they have taken a punt on hoping they become famous. If no option to IS then we are stuck with them as no one will ever buy them.
    FI will lose out too though as they won’t get any commission.

• Same with if you have Ighalo now as nobody will want him if he returns to China. So you will have lost that invested money.

• @Erased-Citizen said in Your Initial Feelings On 'The Matching Engine' (Poll):

Same with if you have Ighalo now as nobody will want him if he returns to China. So you will have lost that invested money.

I hold Ighalo, it was always the risk. I can kind of understand the argument of "FI have changed the terms of my bet" because maybe they bought him with the expectation that they could IS him even if they made a huge loss. But generally there was always the risk with a player like Ighalo, and when buying random unknown players for a punt.

On the one hand, I'm completely fine with the idea that these are bets not investments, you aren't entitled to a way out, you hold for three years and if it loses all its value, that was the risk you made, same with any other betting platform. But on the other hand, they are changing the terms of the bet and people may have bought someone believing they could at least get something from IS if it all goes shits up. It's interesting.

• @Daniel said in Your Initial Feelings On 'The Matching Engine' (Poll):

@Erased-Citizen said in Your Initial Feelings On 'The Matching Engine' (Poll):

Same with if you have Ighalo now as nobody will want him if he returns to China. So you will have lost that invested money.

I hold Ighalo, it was always the risk. I can kind of understand the argument of "FI have changed the terms of my bet" because maybe they bought him with the expectation that they could IS him even if they made a huge loss. But generally there was always the risk with a player like Ighalo, and when buying random unknown players for a punt.

On the one hand, I'm completely fine with the idea that these are bets not investments, you aren't entitled to a way out, you hold for three years and if it loses all its value, that was the risk you made, same with any other betting platform. But on the other hand, they are changing the terms of the bet and people may have bought someone believing they could at least get something from IS if it all goes shits up. It's interesting.

Exactly and I think the changes are certainly swaying it towards a buyers market.

• @HUFCPaul

Hopefully other people like us will still believe that they’re going to become famous... even after three injury plagued goal drought years... and buy them off us!

• @Daniel

I’ve bought Arnautovic and El Sharawy hoping they’ll come back!

Maybe in short term they can provide double IPD or an offer to compensate for losing IS (Bet changed) for situations like if Ighalo returns to China... but maybe Ighalo will then still come back to PL and do well later. You never know.

There’s some really valid points being made about taking punts etc and the first thing about all this that hit me is simply reiterating an old adage... do your research!