will capital appreciation be affected by the new announcement?

• Hello everyone, I am a bit overwhelmed about the latest announcement as I am a newbie and never used it came across something like this !so would be good to hear opinions about the cap app potential ,if there will be any and the effect of the matching engine will have on the cap app and therefore long term traders ?

• Being a mainly Cap App trader myself and not having the money sums required to buy large numbers of shares in the top MB players, I’m in the same boat.

However, I am going to give it a chance to see how it unfolds and what effect we see on Cap App as it will be a shame if it turns into a dividend weighted platform.

• @R9inter once a player is in demand there'll be nobody selling, so his price will start to rise and FOMO will kick in. I dont ckame to be a leading authority on OBs but I really think everything will be fine

• @R9inter I said almost the same thing on another thread but...

If you want to sign a player as you think he will win mb that day, will transfer soon or has just scored a goal then thousands of others will be thinking the same. If you place a bid under the buy now price it simply will not get matched. The only way to buy these players will be at the buy now price and this will move the market higher and leave the bid price even more unlikely to get matched.
    There will be good times to use order books and good times to use use the normal buy price. It will be way way easier to sell if you are in a rush with order books but if not you will still be able to be patient and get a better price.

• @R9inter not at all and as you put it people will try to get bargains, what does that lead too short or long term if you have managed too 🤔. Prices will still rise and dependent on the scenario people will make money. Cap ap is far from dead

• @Thatguy thank you for the reply
    I guess as I am new on here I am just a bit concerned as it is a bit confusing right now but I will give it a go

• The only thing that is dead now is being bailed out of poor trades.

Everything about this announcement is good for the platforms future and ourselves!

Cap app is far from dead.

• @Shippers I hope you are right I will give it a go I have loads of questions about thi whole new thing but I guess the best way to get them answered is to try it when it will be live and see what is going to be like

• @R9inter you are not alone on that one! I think much of the confusion is people feeling that we now have to pay 2% on purchases which is really not true.
    I think the changes are going to be great, but the way they were put lacked a bit of clarity and somehow made it seem like a bad change. Will be many people unsure on it all until it goes live but I suspect everyone will soon realise how much it improves FI

• @R9inter periods of high demand will always see spikes in prices and in fact those spikes will be more stable because instead of people listing for sale and dropping the price they may wait for buy orders to get that instant cash to move elsewhere

• @R9inter said in Cap app will be dead soon enough:

@Thatguy thank you for the reply
    I guess as I am new on here I am just a bit concerned as it is a bit confusing right now but I will give it a go

Don’t blame you at all for being a little concerned or overwhelmed, but do you really think starting a thread predicting such doom and gloom is the way to deal with this? Nobody knows for sure how this will pan out, starting a thread with such a scaremongering title doesn’t help anyone.

• @Coleyscrooge i guess that’s true might delete it just as I don’t want to damage the morale in any way possible as I do think the platform is great and very profitable well has been so far

• I’m personally quite excited and looking forward try it out. Worth mentioning when IPD’s (in play dividends) came out a couple years ago, ppl said capital appreciation would die- and look how that turned out. Everyone that left missed out 2 years of massive growth. 😏 ppl fear the unknown. Fact.
    The big fish that have been on here from the start, have half million pound portfolios, precisely because they don’t panic every time there are little downturns or uncertainties in the market. The age old quote applies “the stockmarket is a means of transferring wealth from the impatient to the patient”.

• @R9inter you change the thread title to “will capital appreciation be affected by the new announcement?”
    Much more of an engaging title, worthy of debate. And less doom and gloom 😉

• @Valhalla how can I do that? and thank you for your reply

• @R9inter three dots in the bottom right of your first post should let you edit the post, including the title

Changing the title definitely a better idea than deleting the thread 👍

• @Coleyscrooge sorted , thank you for your help

• Hi guys

Disclaimer: I joined mid-Feb.

I’ve read various threads and there seems to be a lot of pessimism regarding capital appreciation.

“Cap app is dead“ seems a bold hyperbolic statement.

Can somebody who thoroughly understands it unbiasedly explain why they predict such doom... or ideally the opposite actually?

I buy shares in creative midfielder John Smith out on loan in Germany from a PL club. I might get some IPD/PB. He develops, rejoins his parent club, becomes a regular and gets in the national team. Or maybe he doesn’t breakthrough at his parent club but gets a transfer to another PL side.

I buy young Javier Sanchez, a 60p defender at a top club in Spain. He breaks through and starts playing regularly in La Liga and CL. He takes free kicks. Prem clubs take an interest.

I buy 25-year-old Cliff Duncan at a mid-table PL side. He broke his leg a year ago. He’s back in a month but nobody’s noticed, his club will be in Europe next season. He’s got 1 England cap.

I buy somebody soon to be promoted.

I buy Jadon Sancho at Watford!

I collect divs of all kinds along the way.

Why is Cap App dead?

I get the matter of a few pennies at the transaction stages and not all players will double in value etc but...

Can somebody explain succinctly please?

• @PaulM people always panic that change will kill their profits on here because small changes tend to have drastic affects. I think a lot of people are worried that everyone will trade constantly between each other and not buy off FI at market price but the fact of the matter is that this type of trading will never increase shares in existence meaning the supply wont meet demand so it wont be possible to always buy this way. Players will values will grow just as the have before and cap app will be just as good because the likelihood is that buy orders/IS will only be met when demand is low because holders will always want the best price possible, they wont choose to sell an appreciating player at a cut price only stagnant or depreciating players will go for less than market value

• @PaulM said in will capital appreciation be affected by the new announcement?:

Hi guys

Disclaimer: I joined mid-Feb.

I’ve read various threads and there seems to be a lot of pessimism regarding capital appreciation.

“Cap app is dead“ seems a bold hyperbolic statement.

Can somebody who thoroughly understands it unbiasedly explain why they predict such doom... or ideally the opposite actually?

I buy shares in creative midfielder John Smith out on loan in Germany from a PL club. I might get some IPD/PB. He develops, rejoins his parent club, becomes a regular and gets in the national team. Or maybe he doesn’t breakthrough at his parent club but gets a transfer to another PL side.

I buy young Javier Sanchez, a 60p defender at a top club in Spain. He breaks through and starts playing regularly in La Liga and CL. He takes free kicks. Prem clubs take an interest.

I buy 25-year-old Cliff Duncan at a mid-table PL side. He broke his leg a year ago. He’s back in a month but nobody’s noticed, his club will be in Europe next season. He’s got 1 England cap.

I buy somebody soon to be promoted.

I buy Jadon Sancho at Watford!

I collect divs of all kinds along the way.

Why is Cap App dead?

I get the matter of a few pennies at the transaction stages and not all players will double in value etc but...

Can somebody explain succinctly please?

I think the reason people think Cap App will be effected and won’t be at the rates we’ve experienced up till now, is because there are now two ways of buying a player. Up until now you could only buy via market buy which results in a players price going up when a certain number are sold. However, you will now also be able to buy at a lower price via the instant sell bidding (matching engine) but these buys won’t lead to a value increase in the player. Hence there will be a reduction in the amount of market buys/sells and therefore a reduction in Cap App.

There’s also talk of market makers, of which if they’re used to place bids that will mean the IS bidding will always have bids logged and the market buy/sell area will stagnate.