Scaremongery? Your Thoughts.(Poll)

• Some strong negative posts are coming from some quarters. Alot of it unfounded and unproven and potentially damaging investor confidence. But maybe you value many differing opinions for good or for bad to help you make more informed decisions. What Say You?

• Everyones entitled to an opinion, especially when there money is involved. Personally i think orderbooks look great and cant wait to get started

• Banned

@Dalian-Smith
    I feel this is aimed at me.
    You aren't making a post saying 'Overly positive? Your thoughts. There are some on the forum and elsewhere who are portraying orderbooks as a way for FI to rocket. How do you feel about that?

The general consensus being:
    Talking about negatives, is bad, even if true.
    Talking about positives, is good, even if untrue.

Also, there is not one thing I have said, or that I have seen said by others, that is in anyway untrue. It is all based on experience.

Saying what I ( or others) say is untrue and unfounded is EXACTLY the same thing you could say about people who think it will be good.
    Because no-one knows.

This is one of those threads set up to belittle because someone disagrees with you, and it sucks.

Consider this, a well-known troll talked someone up and sold him off and was hammered for it.
    I am getting hammered for being honest.

What more do you want?

• @Dalian-Smith Best outcome is for those concerns to be listened to and the forum convinces them otherwise.

Will reassure others with similar concerns.

• @MrWh1te I disagree. Please don't take it personally. I'm keen to hear market sentiment. As I write folk seem to be keen to hear all sides of the discussion good or bad. It wasn't my intention for this post to be leading but I'm an extremely amateur market researcher and carefully chosen words is not my forte.πŸ™‚

• A more meaningful poll would be "Where do you think the footie will be in a years time"

• Whilst I don’t agree with @MrWh1te and I feel this is a positive he (and others) are entitled to their view and should be actively encouraged to discuss the matter.

What is pissing me off is several nearly identical threads where the same people are having the same discussion.

I’d suggest we all wait for them to go live, those happy jump right in, those unsure hold off and watch for a week or so and those that hate it pick you exit point and leave.

There is no doubt people hate change, I’ve been here 8 months and seen plenty of change or promotions or even an apocalyptic world event and my port is up 21%; but EVERY TIME the market has picked up and gone higher than it was before.

• Opininions are fine but understand what your talking about first. Alot don't!

• For those with short memories it was the negative comments from bed shitters in October that caused FI to remove the thread and low and behold a significant dividend increase appeared. Without constructive criticism FI will think all is Rosey in the FI garden. Suppressed criticism makes the whole thing look like some closed shop or dare I say it some elaborate pyramid scheme.

• @LittleFish said in Scaremongery? Your Thoughts.(Poll):

For those with short memories it was the negative comments from bed shitters in October that caused FI to remove the thread and low and behold a significant dividend increase appeared. Without constructive criticism FI will think all is Rosey in the FI garden. Suppressed criticism makes the whole thing look like some closed shop or dare I say it some elaborate pyramid scheme.

That's correct but do we need countless negative threads all for the same point?

• @Splurger_Dan said in Scaremongery? Your Thoughts.(Poll):

@LittleFish said in Scaremongery? Your Thoughts.(Poll):

For those with short memories it was the negative comments from bed shitters in October that caused FI to remove the thread and low and behold a significant dividend increase appeared. Without constructive criticism FI will think all is Rosey in the FI garden. Suppressed criticism makes the whole thing look like some closed shop or dare I say it some elaborate pyramid scheme.

That's correct but do we need countless negative threads all for the same point?

If people post what they think, we'll get an honest evaluation of the product. Better for FI to know how strongly people feel, so that they can react if need be.

People are pretty much always resistant to change, especially changes they don't fully understand... and sometimes even positive changes can negatively impact a product.

One tiny thing that really annoys me about the new site, is that the Buy and Sell are the wrong way around... I can't tell you how many times I've looked at a player... then had to double check his price because I've looked at the wrong number. I know it's a simple little thing... but it annoys the crap out of me. If I made a post about it, and I was the only one making posts about it... FI, probably don't need to change it... but if there were 40 posts about it this week... it might give them an idea.

• I get it, I get it, most individuals don't like change. We ain't no monkeys, but we know what we like.

But, change is coming, so you have two choices comrades. Adapt or leave.

Whatever you decide to do, I believe it is win/win.

If I were to walk away at the next earliest opportunity, I would do so with amazing profits and a positive experience. I'm pretty sure the majority of long term users are in my position.

If you have lost love for the platform and cannot see any positives in the current direction, then feel free to leave. I believe you would be making a mistake, but unfortunately, this won't become clear to you until further down the line.

The platform is changing, but football is not.

The fundamentals of the Football Index will always remain. PB and MB will always be the driving factors behind a players price.

If you understood the platform and did well pre order books, then be confident in your ability to adapt and thrive in the new world.

Adam Cole and his team want this platform to rival the top gambling firms. Every move they have taken in my three years here have been to improve the platform and grow the product. There has been scepticism at almost every turning point/change of direction.

Rest assured that it is the interest of both the company and the punter that the platform succeeds.

Take a breather, step back and realise that we are all in the same boat.

The Football Index is the most rewarding gambling experience I have found. The platform still has the potential for massive growth.

This is just another step on the road to becoming mainstream and the 'go to' football gambling choice of the UK public! πŸ€‘

• @johnboywalker welcome back!! I wouldn't read through some of the recent threads on the forum or there's a good chance you'll be off again haha

• @johnboywalker good to see you back posting πŸ˜πŸ‘

Now if only @janner73 could be enticed back so that we have another sensible head around

• @ChazFI123 said in Scaremongery? Your Thoughts.(Poll):

@johnboywalker welcome back!! I wouldn't read through some of the recent threads on the forum or there's a good chance you'll be off again haha

Oh, I've been reading a few mate ... 🀣

In between cleaning the arse of my newborn and sleeping 3 hours a day!?

Life is good. πŸ‘

• @johnboywalker Welcome back.

• For what its worth here is my view. I am not a professional gambler, I am not a financial expert - before FI I was shit at spreadbetting and lost more than I won.

I have a 5 figure port, over 30% ROI which some will look at and think thats shit, others will look at and then I wish I had that...others wont even blink.

I don't need the cash at the moment, OCT / NOV i move house so would like around Β£5k for bits and bobs.

I'm now caught in a place I don't understand, because I don't have the experience of this type of financial 'stuff'

I don't want to lose the profit that I have built up and as such im 'thinking' about selling everything and leaving the cash in the application as a zero interest account until football and the change the platform settles.

But then I think - no, leave it in and see what happens.

Bottom line ' im worried I could lose my profit ' by not doing anything - but then I don't have experiance on what to do .....so I can't make an informed choice.

My gut says 'fuck it' sit tight, my head says 'sell up and see what happens'.

What I am going to do is keep reading what people say and do nothing for the next 3 days.

That make sense? Anyone else feel this way?

• @johnboywalker congratulations mate!! Not sure what's the worst part of your day, wiping their arse or seeing some of the comments on here!

• Banned

@Millerman
    If it helps, I DO make money gambling, I AM considered somewhat of an expert and I do understand markets and order books.

And based on that, I have still changed my mind 50 times this morning.
    I have had everyone in a sell queue, some in a sell queue and none in a sell queue. Repeatedly.

The one thing I do trust is that FI will make sure people understand HOW to do things, before it goes live.

So the only decision to make is, what EFFECT the market will have.

And it is all guesswork atm as to that I am afraid.

• @Millerman

The one thing I keep going over is "how can prices legitimately fall?" and the answer I keep coming up with is "they can't!" which doesn't stack up.

The only way prices will fall now is when players are listed to market - but that's only an artificial drop because once those shares in the queue are bought then the price jumps back up again.

And from now on, instant selling will be to traders with buy bids and not back to the issuer (FI) so again, no fluctuation in price.

So, the conclusion I've reached is that my Harvey Elliott shares that are currently Β£3.01 will never legitimately fall below that price under the new system, but I will have to find a buyer within 3 years or they expire and THEN the price would legit drop according to the number of shares taken out of existence

Seems too good to be true...anyone offer any counter argument? This is one I'm not sure on at all