Why is there a lot of listing going on?

• I ask the question because I've heard many people saying they recommend de-listing since the announcement yesterday so surprised to see the likes of Pogba price drop with him bringing in good divs at the moment

• @Barkez_86 quite possibly purely down to people wanting to accumulate a cash balance prior to the implementation of the new buy order system so that they are able to put in offers at discounted prices.

J said yesterday that the best course of action would be a huge delisting so that when they are introduced then the 60% is of a higher value meaning that the lowest offers possible start at a higher value

• I think a lot of people will be regretting selling up thinking they’re going to get huge bargains just not going to happen in my eyes there may be a couple but by the time you pay the fees a lot of people are simply going to lose money trying to get in early in order books

• Last chance to try and sell at market value

• Is it more listings or just fewer buyers? When people hold on to their cash expecting goods to be cheaper In the future, then prices drop. According to economic theory anyway. Apart from the German based players, I expect the index to be pretty slow or down over next few weeks

• @Frank-Mole-Pepys said in Why is there a lot of listing going on?:

Is it more listings or just fewer buyers? When people hold on to their cash expecting goods to be cheaper In the future, then prices drop. According to economic theory anyway. Apart from the German based players, I expect the index to be pretty slow or down over next few weeks

If it was fewer buyers the players prices would stay the same, however as the op mentioned pogba being down this would be down to people listing, not people not buying and holding onto cash.

That economic theory I'd assume you mean when supply exceeds demand prices drop and vice versa? Whilst that does hold true to an extent on the index, the only way that demand decreases is by people listing to market or historically when it's been available, by using instant sell. Seeing as is has been disabled for ages now, any price drops therefore comes from people listing shares

• They’re just creating more bargains. Keep it going 😂

• I had my whole portfolio listed thinking prices overall would come crashing down but i have unlisted now. When is this new featuure enabled please??

• Banned

I dont think there is a lot of listing and so far am genuinely surprised there hasnt been more.

• @Millonarios within the next fortnight

• @Ddr - I think (although I don’t know) but it’ll be the nett listings that drive prices down. So if 1m share are listed and 1m shares bought. Price doesn’t alter. If 1m shares are listed but no sales are made (ie there are no buyers) then prices fall. If that’s true in shorthand the lack of buyers drive the price down. It is standard economy theory but in particular it relates to deflation theory in this instance. Buyers having money and need but no buying because they envisage prices will be cheaper in a few weeks time. It can lead to a downward spiral. But we’ll see soon enough.

• @Millonarios Not sure when in the next fortnight it will start but I suspect it will be after first week of Bundesliga and before the second week on a day no footie is being played.

If they brought it in on a match day it would be messy so my guess is mid week next week, or midweek the week after.

• I think come Saturday, if the MatchingEngine hasn’t started before Bundesliga kicks off then all these players in that league will be delisted. Once people understand as well that they’re not going to get top players below market price then they’ll just play the game as they used to.