Matching Engine: will the best bargains be early doors?

• Readying funds for some potential bargains when the Match Engine goes live, and I’m trying to predict what will happen.
    Almost certainly it’s going to go nuts intially, like it usually does, and probably crash for a bit. But if I’m still in the running, and haven’t been hypnotised by all the flashing green lights, can I expect a great deal early on? That is the question. Or do you stand a better chance of getting a cheeky bid excepted in the quieter months of the summer, when bids have slowed and ppl are dozing in the park under a tree? 🌳🌳
    Logic says there are a lot of ppl wanting to free up cash, particularly in players like Sancho and Bruno, which have seen big rises. But early on, I’m expecting the competition to be significant. I may put in a 15% below market offer in that never even gets sniffed at. But perhaps later this summer the same offer may just get a few nibbles 😉 what’s everyone’s thoughts.

• @Valhalla Sancho has virtually zero sell queue. I know as I sold some recently. So why anyone would list him at a 2% reduction is beyond me - just market sell at current price now if you want.

As you say, I expect it will be chaos and the platform may crash. I will just monitor initially.

• @Hotspur interesting about Sancho. I agree, you’d be mad to to except a bid if your getting Market price.
    I thought I would just watch too. But the thought of getting £100’s off some players I want might be too much to resist.

• Depends on the player I think. There will probably be some bargains down the cheaper end of the market. Some top end players will be cheaper but it really depends on the situation of football, covid and people's jobs.

• I’ve got a few players I want more shares in so going to try and top up 3 holds with some cheeky bids and see what happens other than that I’ll probably just sit back and see how it all unfolds

• Does anyone want to sell me 600 Bruno at £8.25? That is 15% off his market price of £9.70. 😇

• @Tom7471 again why will the top end players be cheaper? The premium players will still be in demand. Surely it's those cheaper players, who people have been unable to offload for months, that will be ripe for bargains when people try to get their money back.

• @Hotspur yeah it will be the cheap crappy players that will be much cheaper but there will be some premium holds that people will want to shift too just because of the economic state we are in plus the lack of football.

• @Tom7471 then they could have market sold them by now. I have sold shares in the likes of Neymar and Sancho recently without too much bother.

• There will be a lot of people that would be happy to IS even at the current spreads just to get much needed money out of the index right now so taking that into consideration and the timing of this being implemented means all those that want out will pass those shares onto other trades at some bargin prices. There will be deals to be had everywhere when this is released

• @Hotspur i thought this at first, but 2percent is nothing under £1 so it will give them nice liquidity and perhaps money will flow int them

• Also bear in mind there are so many people that don’t understand you can market sell and will currently think the ability to sell is turned off. This may seem daft but we see it all the time and ive spoken to people who dont take part in the social side at all and some of them cant grasp what i mean by market sell the just think IS is the sell price so for that reason there will be people ready to sell as soon as IS is back via the buy offers

• @Black-wolf it seems incredible. But i think your right- someone ppl don’t know they can market sell at full price. They must be constantly flushing their hard won profits down the drain by IS’ing. 🤦🏼‍♂️
    Part of me almost feels guilty at the thought of taking their shares away from them at a bargain price, but if they haven’t taken the time to learn the rules of engagement.....What can u say 🤷🏼‍♂️

• If a premier league date to start again has been given don’t expect too many bargain prices in premier players prices will boom In my opinion

• @Valhalla said in Matching Engine: will the best bargains be early doors?:

@Black-wolf it seems incredible. But i think your right- someone ppl don’t know they can market sell at full price. They must be constantly flushing their hard won profits down the drain by IS’ing. 🤦🏼‍♂️
    Part of me almost feels guilty at the thought of taking their shares away from them at a bargain price, but if they haven’t taken the time to learn the rules of engagement.....What can u say 🤷🏼‍♂️

Ive told the same people multiple times and they never seem to get it so its not like ive not tried. Some people like the idea of FI but refuse to put the work in to understanding it. Makes me feel guilty too but ultimately its their choice how they sell and if the wont listen then theres not much more that can be done to help