MB vs PB vs CAP - what do you think is best way to make money in FI?

• I know everyone has their own strategies but what is your personal view on the best way to make money on the site in your experience? Not looking for pumps just curious to see what the most prominent strategy will be

• @PMurph a mixture of all 3 is probably best.
    MB is a favourite because you can predict it quite easily, but the MB kings are pricey.
    PB is a lot more hit and miss. Some ppl grow too exasperated with PB and as a result don’t hold too many PB players.
    And finally captital appreciation is the amber nectar nearly everyone seeks for. You can make insane returns if you pick a player who goes from say £2-£10. If you had 100 shares @£2, that would have made you £800.
    There are many ppl on FI who can’t afford the MB/PB big guns and chose to buy and sell these the cheaper players for profit. It’s very lucrative if you do your research.
    But I’d say traditionally, the most popular strategy is the long term holding of dividend returning players. And if they are young as well, they will most likely have good capital appreciation. These dividends are then invested in other players, which in turn produce dividends, which you then reinvest which then also deliver dividends which you reinvest, and so on and so on. You basically let the magic of compounding do it’s thing, and in no time you’ll be on your way to having a very respectable portfolio.

• @Valhalla said in MB vs PB vs CAP - what do you think is best way to make money in FI?:

But I’d say traditionally, the most popular strategy is the long term holding of dividend returning players. And if they are young as well, they will most likely have capital appreciation. These dividends are then invested in other players and soon the effects of compounding kick in, and before you know it you have a very respectable portfolio

That's exactly what i do, and it does alright for me.

Personally I think you ignore MB at your peril. luckily I joined in the summer so in order to win divs straight away I had to have some MB players, but as the season started i didn't sell them off i kept and built a PB portfolio around it ( with new money). Best of worlds and absolutely saved my ass since co-vid struck. I found that regular div winners naturally created their own cap app, so i didn't need to go chase it, which meant less selling and less commission paid maximizing returns. Don't get me wrong i don't hold hundreds of pogba or bruno, but i do have both of them neither have played much PB football this year and so the dividend returns on them are almost all media based, my returns from BUZZ dividends on both of these players are 17.66% and 57.93% of my initial outlay. Compared to someone like KDB who is PB don but zero media presence (so the reverse of pogba and bruno) his return is 4.32%. I bought all 3 on day one on FI so have had them all the same amount of time and hold similar amounts of shares in each 40/45/40 respectively. I have actually had 40 shares in KDB longer then the other too as well. Bottom line is that MB pays out in a way that PB doesn't. Granted its tough to get a decent holding in the MB big boys (was a lot easier 10 months ago that's for sure) but you get returns constantly and as we have seen remain valid even in exceptional circumstances.

Bit like stella artois, MB is reassuringly expensive.

• Diversify

• @Chris-C exactly. MB players are expensive for a reason: They earn you good money.
    And your right about good dividend returners generally have good capital appreciation too. The caveat to that would be age. Messi and Ronaldo are dividend kings, but because of their age, they are decreasing in value money on month.
    So a young MB star who is half decent at PB would be the Holy Grail 😉.

• @Valhalla

Exactly you want to go try and find the next one, my money is on that Almeada, seems to fit the profile, could turn out be a south american diva like neymar and hit PB scores like Messi, criminally underpriced at the moment if that turns out to be true (disclaimer- it probably wont !!)

• My first year I was all about capital appreciation which worked really well. Didn't hold any media or pb players and I'm really glad I did as I turned a small amount into a decent amount pretty quick. Now my strategy is all about performance buzz, I feel these cheap performance buzz players will be the best in the matching engine times as there will be plenty of exit points which may be our biggest challenge. If you have seen my YouTube channel you know I hate diversification, so I'm going very hard on 4 players all pb based.

• With what’s going and what’s going to come you HAVE to go mb and Pb players.
    Go Cap app on players that have a genuine chance to progress to becoming a potential pb or mb winner.

Players with little or no chance of winning divs will fall heavily in price and will have minimal trading, ie no change of selling at a decent price when OBs come in.

Dividends will have to increase which will make the regular div winners rocket.

• I've got a mix of all three and I'm in profit, only been going since January so still learning where and when I can.