Pogba

• Any thoughts on reloading on Pogba? I’ve kept aside a large stockpile of cash to go into him but unsure what I best, him or someone like Havertz, Kimmich or Brandt, due to playtime

• Pogba is a bad word on this forum, as is messi. I was told to avoid when i joined a year ago. I ignored everyone and it proved pretty lucrative

• Pogba is a great hold. He’s simply a cash machine.
    So many good reasons to buy him.

• @NewUser384837

If only we could have foreseen a global pandemic that would end football, causing MB to be the only way to win dividends.

He was £7.60 this time last year, he dropped to £5.77 and hovered for months with a few spike/drops until COVID changed the game and he jumped £3. Now he's £7.65.

Nicely done though. It always feels even better when you make money going against the advice of others. Some at the time were saying things like "There could be a change to the game that will boost MB players", so those guys did call it right.

Congrats.

• I've held since December 2018 and am up 52% in dividends alone (and cap app currently also 52%).

He shows no sign of slowing down either.

• Pogba as a hold this season has got saved a fair bit by this COVID crisis, so people who have bought him this season have definitely had a fair share of luck in that sense. I bought at about £6 in Feb, sold him at about £8.13 when COVID started. Thought he'd have a slight rise when he returned from injury, but IMO I think he'll decrease with the return of football

• @Dan-The-Man increased media has helped, but he has lost a lot from no euros so its kinda balanced out. People often forget that the product is growing and as one of the worlds most famous players in his prime he will grow with it. We have probable dividend increase coming which will cause a good rise in players values, I think we should have 15+ players over £10 come the euros, Pogba will be one of them (and have earned a good chunk of divs on the way)

• Pogba only was 5:90, still youngish for fi, was just about to make his comeback, playing with Bruno (worth 15-25p media on its own), euros pending and a Full summer of potential transfer headlines.

Covid or no covid he’s FI king.

One of my best buys, taking in huge divs and he’s actually made some nice cap app on top.

• Totally agree that he's a good hold/buy at this price - even with a move away from Man U, although might take a fair while to recover in price. Good thing it's a three year bet!

• @NewUser384837 said in Pogba:

@Dan-The-Man increased media has helped, but he has lost a lot from no euros so its kinda balanced out.

Look at this graph.

0_1589797808959_Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 11.29.14.png

Notice that he was down trending until the 28th of Feb, then look at the headlines from that day.

0_1589798035538_Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 11.33.34.png

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51673076

He didn't lose out from no euros, he gained massively from no football, because FI became a media platform.

I'm not saying he's a good or bad hold going forward. There are dozens of questions surrounding Pogba and quite frankly, I think we're all in for a lot of learning with the changes coming to the platform but let's not kid ourselves, until COVID changed the world, Pogba was a dead horse.

• @Dan-The-Man
    He would have gained both ways, I’ve listed a few reasons above in the thread.
    Covid just further emphasised his value as a mb player.

Far from a dead horse. He didn’t play for several months but he was still winning mb, even more than players above his price range who were actually playing.
    What other dead horses do that?

• @King-Fergus said in Pogba:

he was still winning mb, even more than players above his price range who were actually playing.

Winning MB is only worth doing... if you can sell the player at a price that makes the MB profit, otherwise, you're celebrating losses.

On the 28th of February, Pogba's price was lower than at just about any point in the previous 12 months and trending downwards.

Worth noting, that Pogba was one of the few players on the injury list, who constantly saw his price down trending. Leroy Sane on the other hand, spent the year on the sidelines and saw his price almost double.

• @Dan-The-Man
    How much mb did sane win in that time compared to pogba?

His price went up as he is maybe due a transfer and bit of price correction as he was underrated on here.

Still don’t get the dead horse bit. Advise me on more dead horses because they seem to be very profitable 😉

Remember the index should be geared towards dividend earners, they are gold. With order books coming even more so. Dividends will increase no doubt with the shit load of extra money FI will make. Happy times for dividend earners I say. Savvy investors should or have already loaded up.

• @King-Fergus said in Pogba:

@Dan-The-Man
    How much mb did sane win in that time compared to pogba?

Do you care about MB or do you care about profit?

Pick a date from the 12 months prior to Feb 28th and calculate £1,000 worth of Pogba vs £1,000 worth of Sane...

Chances are, you lost money on Pogba, and gained considerable profits on Sane. I'm sure there are one or two days where that might not be the case, but on the whole it is true.

His price went up as he is maybe due a transfer and bit of price correction as he was underrated on here.

Sane's price followed the typical injury pattern that we all know about. He's young and yes the transfer expectations helped. Pogba had transfer expectations too... which were causing his price to fall.

The reason Sane's transfer boosts him, is because if Sane gets game time, he could be a PB beast... where as Pogba's value comes from his ability to gain British headlines.... an ability which is seriously hindered by transferring away from the UK.

Remember the index should be geared towards dividend earners... With order books coming even more so.

I'm not sure that's true... it might be.... but are any of us certain of it?

Order Books could have a huge impact on players like Pogba. Sure, it could cause them to spike... but a guy like Pogba is often put in the sales queue. So what happens when there's 10,000 Pogba's on the list and now we can all see it?

I honestly, don't know who Order Books will benefit, so I'm not saying, Pogba will be crushed by Order Books, I just don't know if he'll benefit either. Time will tell.

• @Dan-The-Man for me it's quite a big shout to say Pogba was a dead horse. I was talking recently about how a players circumstances can easily change, making them instantly a far more or far less attractive prospect.

I think more has changed for Pogba than COVID. A lot of money left Pog for Bruno because he was the shiny new thing, both for traders and the media. Will that be the case when footy resumes? Who can say.

There was a resignation that Pog would go abroad this summer. That resignation seems to be no more. If he stays, and for me, I'll conservatively say it looks 50/50, with my personal feeling being that hes slightly odds on to stay, then he will be perhaps the best hold on the index. He will continue to cream media and he has a PB average of 100 which is often forgotten about.

If he does leave, it could just as easily be for PSG as for Madrid. In france he would absolutely cream PB.

Then theres the presumption that european media outlets will be added, in which case he will continue to cream MB irrespective of where he plays.

I wouldn't call that a dead horse, although the masses may have viewed him that way, hence his price suppression until COVID, but any number of eventualities could easily see him rocket again

• @MickTurbo said in Pogba:

@Dan-The-Man for me it's quite a big shout to say Pogba was a dead horse. I was talking recently about how a players circumstances can easily change, making them instantly a far more or far less attractive prospect.

I think more has changed for Pogba than COVID. A lot of money left Pog for Bruno because he was the shiny new thing, both for traders and the media. Will that be the case when footy resumes? Who can say.

There was a resignation that Pog would go abroad this summer. That resignation seems to be no more. If he stays, and for me, I'll conservatively say it looks 50/50, with my personal feeling being that hes slightly odds on to stay, then he will be perhaps the best hold on the index. He will continue to cream media and he has a PB average of 100 which is often forgotten about.

If he does leave, it could just as easily be for PSG as for Madrid. In france he would absolutely cream PB.

Then theres the presumption that european media outlets will be added, in which case he will continue to cream MB irrespective of where he plays.

I wouldn't call that a dead horse, although the masses may have viewed him that way, hence his price suppression until COVID, but any number of eventualities could easily see him rocket again

Hey Mick, don't get me wrong mate, I wasn't making a judgement on him going forward. My point was specifically with regards to him prior to the COVID situation.

This time last year, we couldn't be making plans based on something like COVID happening.

• @MickTurbo his chances of moving this summer have dramatically decreased because of COVID too though, there's a good chance nobody can afford him this summer. I think he'd have reached £6.75 ish when he returned from injury, I personally think he's gained more than anyone with this COVID outbreak, his div returns have been helped a lot by this and the double divs promotion, he's less likely to leave so is less risky.

• @Dan-The-Man oh yeh of course we couldnt mate. Nobody can claim to have foreseen this. I reckon Pog had just caught a few flights and nodded on landing, but not a dead horse. His dip for me, as with so many things, was a bit of a market over reaction to his lack of playing time, an admittedly quiet MB period and of course Bruno. 2 sides of the same coin for me, a dead horse or an absolute steal with a moderately long term view

• @Dan-The-Man
    Really don’t know why you’re comparing pogba with sane.
    Mb is profit, as is cap app and Pb. Only thing he hasn’t done anything for me is pb because he’s been injured😁
    He DEFINITELY wasn’t a dead horse when I bought him which was approx 9 months back.
    I remember reading similarish comments about pogba Ronaldo and Messi back then. They’ve been absolute gold for me.

• @MickTurbo said in Pogba:

I hear ya Mick. It's just, if you think about the things you're listing...

• "A lot of money left Pog for Bruno"
    • "Will that be the case when footy resumes? Who can say"
    • "There was a resignation that Pog would go abroad this summer"

These weren't insignificant or short term problems, so I'm not sure I'd say it was a market over reaction as such.

Having Bruno at the club, instantly changed Pogba's true value because now, he's contending directly with Bruno for PB and MB each week and we don't know how that's going to play out. Fred started showing signs of promise as the season went on too and we shouldn't forget that Man Utd paid the record fee for him for a reason.

The uncertainty of how Man Utd will set up, was enough for some to justify getting out of Pogba prior to COVID. Let's say Bruno and Pogba share the rewards 50/50, Pogba has arguably lost 50% of his expected earnings. You'd expect that to cause any players price tag to diminish, so prior to COVID it made perfect sense for the market to adjust ,which is why we saw Pogba's price down trend.

Meanwhile, traders need to ask themselves these questions.

• Will Pobga stay or go
    • Will playing with Bruno impact Pogba's PB average?
    • Will Bruno's PB average be higher than Pogba?
    • How will other traders respond to the answers of these questions

"Then theres the presumption that European media outlets will be added, in which case he will continue to cream MB irrespective of where he plays."

In truth we don't know

• if foreign media outlets will be added,
    • which country will be added first,
    • which country Pogba will be playing in
    • how obsessed the foreign media would be with players in their league.

We all think of Pogba as a media beast, but if they add Spanish papers, Messi's MB scores could dwarf Pogba's and that could be at a time where Pogba's weekly MB average is massively diminished by a transferring away from Man Utd.

I don't think I could reasonably bet on those things happening. It feels like they are things we'll need to adapt to when they happen.