How Open Are You That You Are Involved In FI?(Poll)

• Contrasting views on this since I started on here. Most seem open I believe but for some it's not been so straight forward. I welcome any feedback.

• Banned

I tell everyone, but I don't refer.

I do same with all my betting, for me it is a business rather than pleasure, so nothing to hide.

• My wife knows but she thinks I have less in than I do. As we are both working from home I have to listen out very carefully for the postman's footsteps and then the bank statement hitting the door mat so I can go for a mad dash to get the thing shredded before she's even aware of what's happened!!!

• My option is not available. My partner knows, my in-laws know, my friends know but my Mum doesn't. This is because I trust Adam Cole more than my Mum and if she knew how much I had in here she would be making plans for another loan to her, property investment idea etc. So not a secret but don't tell my Mum 🤫

• The bigger one for me was telling my wife just how much I'd put in...but made it a lot easier and less stressful once I did.

• Funnily enough the only person who knows how much I've got in is the wife

• I bought 4 tickets for Miami with winnings. The wife was happy with FI then. The tickets not as good an investment as FI as it turns out. The Webber barby courtesy of FI made up for it. I wouldn't refer FI to anyone I know. I wouldn't tell anyone other than the wife and you lot how much is tied up in FI.

• I tell everyone how much I have in and no one gives a toss. My girlfriend couldn't give a shit if I win or lose but she doesn't like football. To be fair she was fine with me watching shitty teams like union Berlin and schalke. I'm not sure I was happy though!!

• I've told the wife and I've mentioned it to a few friends who I play Fantasy Football with. They are keen to get involved but they are based in Sweden. I've not actively tried to refer anyone but I have no issues recommending the product to people if they ask.

The unforeseen knock on effect of me showing the wife is that she has seen how fun and profitable it could be (not that I have made a profit yet, it's all been reinvested to date). As a result, she's started spread betting on the stock market. Only small sums and just as a hobby. Don't worry Rodney. This time next year...😂😂

• The first £1k I invested was my money alone. Without people knowing.

After that, I had to tell the wife because the money came out the joint account, after a joint discussion of course. 👍

I showed her the risk/reward potential & she's fine with it, especially as I'm in very good profits.

So far, the money has bought her a pair of trainers, an outside tap & a pressure washer amongst other bits.

I've promised her £1,500 for decorating a room once this Convid-19 crisis is over & a Disneyland trip to Florida in a few years.

Oh, & she has earmarked £500 for some outside Christmas decorations this year.

Happy to oblige as long as it keeps her off my back. 🤣

• @Ericali how often do you show her your total profit? I always underplay it... 1) so she doesn't ask for things too often 2) so in times the market is flat or I lose money she doesn't panic

• @Vespasian32 said in How Open Are You That You Are Involved In FI?(Poll):

@Ericali how often do you show her your total profit? I always underplay it... 1) so she doesn't ask for things too often 2) so in times the market is flat or I lose money she doesn't panic

She barely asks...

In fact, I probably bore her with it too much that she doesn't like me talking about it 😂

About every 2-3 months she'll ask for an update & I just log on & show her the portfolio value.

• @Ericali said in How Open Are You That You Are Involved In FI?(Poll):

@Vespasian32 said in How Open Are You That You Are Involved In FI?(Poll):

@Ericali how often do you show her your total profit? I always underplay it... 1) so she doesn't ask for things too often 2) so in times the market is flat or I lose money she doesn't panic

She barely asks...

In fact, I probably bore her with it too much that she doesn't like me talking about it 😂

About every 2-3 months she'll ask for an update & I just log on & show her the portfolio value.

Same ere

• Sometimes I'll show her a month or two from the last update & she'll go:-

"You've not made that much from the last update" 😐

I'm like "wtf - it's still gone up hasn't it? in the middle of a global crisis!"

People are losing money everywhere else.....

Women eh, they are never happy! 🤣

• My wife has known since day 1. I had no problem telling her, but she was a bit sceptical at first.

She's fully converted now, especially since it's paid for our honeymoon, and whenever we talk about a purchase she'll often say 'but Football Index can pay for that?'

I explained to her that the golden goose will occasionally lay a golden egg, but if we kill the goose then it won't lay any more eggs. She likes golden eggs so that seems to have done the trick.

• Only my missus knows as I don't like to involve anyone I know in anything I do as if it goes to shit, it would be my fault and nothing to do with there own actions :)

• @LittleFish said in How Open Are You That You Are Involved In FI?(Poll):

Webber barby

Can't believe what I am reading - can women not be involved? Trusted? Relationships are a two way thing you know and all I have read above is close on sexism in its finest.

Imagine if there was a home-shopping index and all you men would be left in the dark as your women made a fortune trading in volcanic coloured le creuset salt and pepper pots.

You lot make me sick !

• @Millerman said in How Open Are You That You Are Involved In FI?(Poll):

@LittleFish said in How Open Are You That You Are Involved In FI?(Poll):

Webber barby

Can't believe what I am reading - can women not be involved? Trusted? Relationships are a two way thing you know and all I have read above is close on sexism in its finest.

Imagine if there was a home-shopping index and all you men would be left in the dark as your women made a fortune trading in volcanic coloured le creuset salt and pepper pots.

You lot make me sick !

Nothing sexist about it...ask Adam about Eve and how all that went down... 🤣

• @Millerman I’m not being funnny mate but it is a two way thing every time a delivery comes to the door and I ask what’s inside the reply is it’s for the kids low and behold there’s a pair of size 6 shoes and a dress inside that would only take my daughter another 15 years to fit into 🤣🤣

• I’ll caveat my answer by saying until last week it was just work colleagues; during a heated argument about the other half buying shit at ASDA I let split I’ve been saving (gambling) for our honeymoon!!

She took it better than expected and now she wants to know why Tanganga has dropped 10p; I explained so so we all 🤣