This just needs saying...

• Banned

Every time someone says something in the least bit negative, they get hit with 'fuck off then' or some other variation.
    I am on another site, every time I am the least bit negative I get hit with 'yeah, we could try xxxx to make it better'.

This forum has always been the stand out one for me, away from the toxicity of twitter and facebook where you could have a proper conversation and discuss both the negative or the positive.
    This forum over the past few weeks has become more and more toxic and is becoming more like twitter. It can be not a nice place, as I have found out personally, to the point where some of us now use another forum that has been set up by @Westy as we can talk more freely without getting hammered.

People think FI is ready to fly, what chance of that when new players come on here and see us squabbling all the time.

Some people need to grow up and understand you can have differing opinions and that are are valid, and not just the 'positive' ones.

• @MrWh1te opposing views are welcomed. πŸ‘

Discussion & debate hopefully promotes people to view both sides of an argument.

But every post your seem to post recently is doom & gloom.

Surely if this is your only view & you can't see ANY positivity in the product any more, then it's time to cash out your winnings while you are still ahead?

As the slogan promotes "when the fun stops - stop"

All the best in whatever you choose.

• @MrWh1te Absolutely! When its constructive like yours is I think it's fine but when theres negativity for no reason from doom and gloom merchants I think that is just as bad for the forum as it makes people sceptical about investing just because some people like to winge without good reason.
    Its inevitable really, it is simply down to the fact that there is no footie (apart from German)to focus on and with the current situation emotions will be running high and people have more time on their hands.

• The forums are sorely in need of some form of moderation - a significant number of the comments made are derogatory (not just about FI itself) and therefore damaging to the product. The bickering is just another side of the coin. I hesitate to recommend to others as a result, even though I've started off well with my money.

• @MrWh1te
    You post so much on here AND you use another forum.
    Where do you get the time !?

It’s always good to have balanced views. Some people love to whinge and throw their toys out when others have different views. It’s just what I’ve found what it’s like online. Not a massive fan of forums normally but this is business now 😁

• It's ok to have differing views and have heated debate, and there has been quite a bit of that on the forum of late, which is partly down to boredom and the refusal to embrace/understand change (ME/OB). If you don't like it, you can just ignore those threads.

What really annoys me though is the trolls. There are few on here (the majority of which haven't changed their username so are still NewUser6969696969 etc) who only come on to the forum to post purposely provocative comments like 'X player is shit and you're all mugs for buying him' with no info/data to back it up, only to disappear for a month before reappearing to post exactly the same thing about another player/theme.

• Banned

@King-Fergus
    I am working from home atm and bored senseless, when I am back at work properly it will be back to 1 post a day from me :)

• To be honest I don't think the forum makes much difference to whether people invest in FI or not.

If you decide not to invest in a product simply because a few keyboard warriors like to throw around insults to each other on a forum that hardly anyone uses anyway, well that's just cutting your nose off to spite your face.

This is a gambling platform for adults and as adults we should be well aware that bickering, insults and abuse go hand in hand with the majority of social media and Internet forums. Even the most respectable and refined of characters can easily get drawn in to a fiery exchange.

But whatever anyone says on here, does it affect my portfolio? Does it affect my enjoyment of a thrilling, last game of the day PB win? Does it effect my ability to pick out genuinely useful information from threads created by valuable forum members? No, no and no again 😊

If we were all down the pub, fuelled up on Stella, it would be worse! Yet even a bar brawl wouldn't cause anyone to leave FI, because it has fuck all to do with it.

Imagine Ladbrokes had a forum? Fucks sake πŸ˜‚
    "Oh I'm not betting anymore because people on the Ladbrokes forum were mean when I asked if Ladbrokes was in danger of going bust!"

And let's be honest, this is actually quite a respectable forum really - in heated arguments it very rarely even decends into expletives exchanged.

My advice is don't take insulting or mean words on a screen from some keyboard warrior (I am one too!) too personally. Your profit does the talking and that is what we are all here on FI for πŸ‘

• @MrWh1te I totally agree with you here its no secret that me and you havent always seen eye to eye but never has it descended into threats and/or name calling.

A bit of healthy debate has always been good but more and more theres a lot of childish behaviour on here, sometimes i find it astounding the amount of cash these people claim to throw around in here as their behaviour seems far too immature to be professional enough have earned or be in control of large sums of cash.

Everyone on here is an adult and should try to act on here as they would in public instead of this keyboard warrior mentality where they can abuse others from behind the safety of a desk.

Ive noticed valuable members have openly left for these reasons and a few others have recently faded away too. Most of us opted for the forum over twitter to avoid that toxic atmosphere

• I like the forum as a complement do FI itself and as a source of invaluable information. Sure tensions have been running high but I think most people come from a good place and as long as it remains like that it will only push things forward

• The forum for me has been unbelievable. I owe so much of my learning to it and the users. Without it I probably wouldn't be on FI and certainly wouldn't have much in it. I feel that people are very respectful and I have never been called any names when maybe I should have been :-) My YouTube videos get a lot of stick and some rude comments I don't care but it puts it into perspective.

• Banned

@Black-wolf
    We have had some disagreements indeed, but I have always regarded you as one of the members of the forum I respect the most, probably in the top 3 tbh.
    Because when we disagree, it is always with both of us explaining why. And frankly, I do love a good debate (I am just the same in real life).

And that is my point, debate is healthyy, as you say.

• The people posting on this particular thread seem to be the same names that crop up time and again with valuable, well rounded and informed opinions. I certainly enjoy reading the forum regularly, hearing opinions and debate. Keep it up and don’t let the odd key board warrior shut you up.

On another note it’s great to see the premier league has voted to bash on with training. Excited and gagging for a bit of premiership footy. 😁

• @Puddle said in This just needs saying...:

The people posting on this particular thread seem to be the same names that crop up time and again with valuable, well rounded and informed opinions.

Guess i should post on this thread then...

• @Tom7471 said in This just needs saying...:

The forum for me has been unbelievable. I owe so much of my learning to it and the users. Without it I probably wouldn't be on FI and certainly wouldn't have much in it. I feel that people are very respectful and I have never been called any names when maybe I should have been :-) My YouTube videos get a lot of stick and some rude comments I don't care but it puts it into perspective.

What a prick!

Happy now? πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚

• I think too many people have the wrong idea about the forum. They see it as a tool to push their holds and influence the market, they therefore see any dissenting voice as a threat to their profits.

Doesnt matter whether its negativity about the platform, or about a player they hold, they fear any negativity and quickly become catty and nasty.

The forum wont make u rich, no matter how much you shout, it's not there to dictate the tide of the marked. It's a tool for group thinking, sharing ideas, informing yourself and others and chewing the fat basically. Too many people misunderstand this and it causes them to lash out and no doubt causes them stress.

This forum of @Westy's, is there some kind of vetting or control over who can join? If so I think I'll apply for a membership

• Banned

@MickTurbo
    Quality post.

It doesnt have vetting as such, but with Westy having moderation control, if anyone is a dick they can be quickly dealt with. Nice small group of people too :)

• @MrWh1te DM me a link please mate

• @MickTurbo said in This just needs saying...:

I think too many people have the wrong idea about the forum. They see it as a tool to push their holds and influence the market, they therefore see any dissenting voice as a threat to their profits.

Doesnt matter whether its negativity about the platform, or about a player they hold, they fear any negativity and quickly become catty and nasty.

The forum wont make u rich, no matter how much you shout, it's not there to dictate the tide of the marked. It's a tool for group thinking, sharing ideas, informing yourself and others and chewing the fat basically. Too many people misunderstand this and it causes them to lash out and no doubt causes them stress.

This forum of @Westy's, is there some kind of vetting or control over who can join? If so I think I'll apply for a membership

I run it on my website so I guess I am the designated milk monitor... There are some generic rules I nicked from a government site and I've got swear words blocked... Had fun listing them all on the blocklist, but yet il keep an eye on it and can remove people and delete threads etc shouldn't come to that though.

• There will always be emotions. There will always be arseholes. Both are hugely visible right now!

When life, and football in particular, get back on track the forum will be business as usual.

Aside from the handbags, there are always nuggets of wisdom to be picked up from here.