Older players question

• I am interested in about half a dozen older players (not like that - behave yourselves!!).

They range between 28-30 and all have decent PB scores.

My question is do these players gradually depreciate in price even if they are still racking up high scores, due to their age, or are they likely to still see a nice increase based on performances?

Cheers

• Banned

@JonesyFI-WH
    Normally after 30 they seem to drop, but tend to get more divs I believe,

• I think matched orders is going to absolutely hammer the over 30 market. When you invested in an over 30 year old before, you knew there would be an out. If they retired, went overseas etc you had instant sell to back you up and get back at least some of your stake.

Now there are going to be less traders willing to buy, which may mean no instant sell. Who is going to buy a 33 year old who may go to China 6 months and get stuck with that player and no out? It's a real shame as there is a strange thing that goes on the Index, which is that older players are the better PB returners, but also not valuable due to their age.

• Surely then FI have to offer some sort of incentive cos as you say the over 30's market will be practically redundant and no-one will want to buy.

For the older members of the forum it will be the equivalent of a FI version of Logan's Run!!

Be nice if they still offer an IS price even if it is a much lower price than the market sell (or OB sell equivalent). Otherwise I think there will be a lot of people exiting the platform.

• @JonesyFI-WH said in Older players question:

Surely then FI have to offer some sort of incentive cos as you say the over 30's market will be practically redundant and no-one will want to buy.

For the older members of the forum it will be the equivalent of a FI version of Logan's Run!!

Be nice if they still offer an IS price even if it is a much lower price than the market sell (or OB sell equivalent). Otherwise I think there will be a lot of people exiting the platform.

Or...

They move to their natural price which should be their projected career dividends. Can't really expect FI to buy back a poor value bet can you?

• ‘Come on you irons’ = iron Maiden that is🤠😉.

Morning mate, the problem with the index it’s like ‘ice cream everyone jumps on the flavour of the month’ and you’ve just got to hope you have a flavour people will like....

Messi and Ronaldo are divided gods on here and there price matches it mb and Pb are great I held them when I started but got rid when I listened to others and they’ve held there price and returned dividends a plenty always.

You buying older players is no different to buying the cheaper players hoping they’ll rise or with the new match engine some one wanting to buy them.

There are an amazing amount of Pb players With very good potential so just get who you want hopefully they’ll win once or twice and people will buy.

My strategy was ipds for 30 days like vardy, benzema and payet get for £1ish they’d score a couple and rise so then I’d sell , when prices dropped you buy back in and repeat.

With order books you could do the same thing buy a player from someone say 10p cheaper let’s say You win say mb and gold day with Messi you get divs he rises you sell wait until he lowers again buy and repeat.

I’d rather get burned at £3 getting a decent dividend return than say be into Sancho at £13-50 because people who got in at under a £5 Could all be waiting to get out for maximum profit as a soon as order books come out.

So choose your Pb golden oldies and hope people will buy 🤠