Bundesliga price droppers...

• Surprised to see Elevdi (B Monchengladbach) take a small dip in price after the weekends game. By his standards he did have an 'average' game but with Arsenal starting to up their interest again (and Bayern Munich also keen) surely his price will rise again. Right age (23), at a strong team and has solid stats to his name...

Seems one of many Bundesliga players where there was an overreaction to the first game back off the Covid-19 enforced break...

I hold a few shares in him and tempted to top up a bit more at current price (1.13 as I write). Has been as high as 1.39 this season and surely he rises from current price once transfer speculation comes in for him again?

Konrad Laimer (Leipzig) the other player drop that surprised me. Actually recorded a PB score above his seasonal average on Saturday but has dropped around 5 or 6 points since the game.

Don't hold any shares in him presently but he is on my watchlist.

Anyone any thoughts?

• Banned

After every weekend there is a sell off of players.

When I first started it was on a Monday.
    It got earlier and earlier until it was a Sunday.

Prices then go back up before the next match.

• @MrWh1te Ah, OK, got you. I'm still in the early days of my FI ride. Seems strange that people would jump ship after one game day, particularly when that game day has come off the back of an unscheduled break where teams couldn't train together.

I guess that gives decent opportunities for the more patient traders though...

Thanks for the reply.

• More short term traders about than long term mate. I play long term but glad of the short term players as they are the ones that provide football index the commission. That commission comes back in dividends.

• Nothing to worry about mate, it's just impatient people listing to market because their holds didn't excel at the weekend. Happens all the time.

The good thing is, no instant sell means the shares have not been knocked down permanently and will bounce back before the next game (as @MrWh1te said) either because someone else buys them or because the impatient traders have calmed down, seen sense and unlisted the player.

3 year bet

• @NewUser384837 Yeah, I'm realizing that even after only a short-term on the platform. As you say though, glad there are so many short-term players on the go as that gives FI the commissions which then gets pumped back out in dividend payments. Has also given lower entry points for plenty of my watchlist, many players who really didn't deserve to go down in price off back of one game (Laimer being a case in point).

Cheers

• @ScouseSte Yeah, that makes sense.

As I said, I'm still in the very early stages of my journey and still have capital I'm looking to invest so plenty of my watchlist look even more attractive now...

I'm very much in the medium to long-term investment mindset so guess it's a bonus for me to take advantage of those with a shorter-term mindset.

Cheers

• @BenNTF said in Bundesliga price droppers...:

@ScouseSte Yeah, that makes sense.

As I said, I'm still in the very early stages of my journey and still have capital I'm looking to invest so plenty of my watchlist look even more attractive now...

I'm very much in the medium to long-term investment mindset so guess it's a bonus for me to take advantage of those with a shorter-term mindset.

Cheers

Yea same as me mate, Im a lazy trader really. Buy a few decent holds and just sit on them for months, that's my marvellous strategy 😁.
    It's not rocket science but good players will rise overall, regardless of mini blips after a flaky odd game here and there.

I do keep a couple of quid spare where possible to play the ipd chasing game (but that's only on a game day when I've no players involved and need that hit! 😂)

• After Saturday I hadn’t checked my port, no one playing Sunday or Monday and it’s just depressing knowing you’ll be down from the Saturday high; looked today worse than I’d thought it would be but hey-ho it always bounces back.

• @Sav2000

I haven't looked today yet. It might fuck with my chi 😂😂

• One of the best bits of advice I read on here when I first started was that the price dip is irrelevant if you're not selling.

It also made me realise why it's very useful having some dividend earners in your portfolio. They can keep you ticking over with a cash balance without having to sell (which is obviously harder with IS off) and so they give you an opportunity to pick up extra shares in other players that dip.

• @Sav2000 I guess it's a case of riding the short-term fluctuations with the long-term investment in mind. And taking advantage of any major dips in players that you have strong views in.

Nico Elvedi a good example I suppose. Looks highly likely to move to a 'bigger' team than Monchegladbach in the summer but even if he doesn't there's still a high chance he's playing Champions League football with Monchen next season (opening up further opportunities for PB divs). His market dip over the weekend seems a big overreaction to me so as much as it's slightly odd it doesn't change my long-term view of him or reason I invested in him initially.

Konrad Laimer dip in price just gives me a more advantageous opening position...

All a learning curve for me at minute but the market swings have been an eye-opener to say the least...

• @Yellow Yeah that's good advice, on both points.

I've initially gone with players I expect to increase in value in medium to long-term, with an outside to OK chance of picking up divs on them, but I do need a few solid dividend earners to boost the portfolio now, something to keep things ticking along...

• @BenNTF I hold Elvedi and agree with your points - multiple ways in which his price can rise which I always try look for in new holds.
    Transfer to a better team or playing regularly at Gladbach in Europe next year, young with Euros to come.
    Hard to see him drop for no apparent reason when holding but given time and patience he'll rise at some point!

• My port was flying until Saturday, dropped considerably since and still dropping, monday sell off or (list off) is back

• @BenNTF I got some of Elvedi at £1.05 but I will still top up at his current price. I suppose you try and estimate how much he could rise to and set a cut off buying price. If he shoots up in value reassess the situation or sell to lock in profit.

• @Neil2265 Yeah that was my main attraction to him, multiple ways in which his price is likely to rise in coming weeks, months, years...

A tiny bit of Media Buzz yesterday with Arsenal showing interest in him, which is promising...

Be a surprise should he not rise in price with time...

• @Kipper72 Sound logic I'd say, agree with that.

• @TDOG Yeah, my port was looking considerably healthier pre-bundesliga return, been a few dropping since then (most, in my opinion, without any obvious logic)...

• Nothing is rational. Kimmich gets MB and his price drops, Havertz scores twice and gets zero MB and his price has continued to increase from yesterday.