Matching machine needed NOW

• I really dislike the way FI announce an announcement and then give a minimum of another two weeks before they implement the actions of the announcement .
    At the moment the index is at a stalemate point and will continue to be until we get the order book machine up and running . Everyone selling to get a cash balance for the machine but nobody buying as anyone with money waiting for the OB to try and get bargains . So effectively the market is almost at a stalemate. I think they should have held back on the announcement until they were ready to launch it as all they have done is kill all trading .
    I wouldn’t be surprised if they hold back with release till around 3 PB leagues are running to ensure not to many take there money and run . I think they have got the timing all wrong . There was no need for the early announcement . An announcement early June a couple of weeks before all leagues getting back playing would have been better timed and sensible .
    Any opinions?

• I suppose they’ve announced it in advance to give traders fair warning.

But I understand what you’re saying, the market is dead at the moment. All of my holds (premium, mid price, cheapos, etc) are falling slightly as lots of people have added futures to the sell queue and hardly anyone is buying.

The next month or so could be very turbulent, but things should settle down once everyone has got to grips with the matching engine.

• @Spot-the-value. said in Matching machine needed NOW:

I really dislike the way FI announce an announcement and then give a minimum of another two weeks before they implement the actions of the announcement .
    At the moment the index is at a stalemate point and will continue to be until we get the order book machine up and running . Everyone selling to get a cash balance for the machine but nobody buying as anyone with money waiting for the OB to try and get bargains . So effectively the market is almost at a stalemate. I think they should have held back on the announcement until they were ready to launch it as all they have done is kill all trading .
    I wouldn’t be surprised if they hold back with release till around 3 PB leagues are running to ensure not to many take there money and run . I think they have got the timing all wrong . There was no need for the early announcement . An announcement early June a couple of weeks before all leagues getting back playing would have been better timed and sensible .
    Any opinions?

I've no problem with it at all. In fact, I'd rather they gave people some notice. If they dropped it on us without any notice then it would cause more damage that way. Just like when they introduced IPDs and the arse instantly fell out of certain players.

A few weeks isn't long to wait in the grand scheme of the index lifecycle.

• @Yellow Appreciate your feedback but the arse has dropped out of the market . The sell lists are far longer than they needto be and there are very few buyers. I feel they have created a void of trading . Some notice is obviously needed but we’ve had that notice earlier in the year we all knew they were on the way .

• @Spot-the-value
    totally agree.

• I'm fine with it. I feel my money is safer in here than many many other places right now. I will settle for stagnant for a few weeks.

• @Yellow said in Matching machine needed NOW:

@Spot-the-value. said in Matching machine needed NOW:

I really dislike the way FI announce an announcement and then give a minimum of another two weeks before they implement the actions of the announcement .
    Any opinions?

I've no problem with it at all. In fact, I'd rather they gave people some notice. If they dropped it on us without any notice then it would cause more damage that way. Just like when they introduced IPDs and the arse instantly fell out of certain players.

A few weeks isn't long to wait in the grand scheme of the index lifecycle.

I think you are giving them too much credit. If the delay was about notice they would have given us a fixed date. Why the uncertainty? What happens when 2 weeks becomes 3 with no comms?

• @Dan-w said in Matching machine needed NOW:

I'm fine with it. I feel my money is safer in here than many many other places right now. I will settle for stagnant for a few weeks.

I feel very comfortable with my money in here and feel it’s extremely safe .
    All I’m saying is I think the timing could have been better .
    An announcement early June that the matching machine would start in 2 weeks falling alongside the start of much more football nicely .
    I’m in for the long haul and always try to keep a cash balance so am prepared .

• @Spot-the-value. I guess its hard for them to specify a date if trying to link it up with football resuming because of the uncertainty surrounding return dates, but then if that's the case then they should of been transparent with it! Im like a Preying mantis ready to strike!!! 🤣

• @Spot-the-value.

It seems they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Historically, I've been on the platform during several poorly communicated changes and the overwhelming majority of negative feedback from traders focused on the importance of giving us punters adequate time to adjust to any upcoming change.

Hopefully, the announcement has given both the platform and the user sufficient opportunity to digest the new matching engine and plan accordingly for the future.

I agree the market is stale and although some port values are declining, this is merely superficial and will be resolved on the implementation of the matching engine.

Turbulent times are ahead, but I am confident they will be profitable for the skilled trader.

FI have made several 'good' decisions during this volatile and unprecedented time.

Try and look at it this way ... short term stagnation in order to achieve long term prosperity. 🤞🤑

All the best for the future! 👍

• @Spot-the-value. said in Matching machine needed NOW:

@Yellow Appreciate your feedback but the arse has dropped out of the market . The sell lists are far longer than they needto be and there are very few buyers. I feel they have created a void of trading . Some notice is obviously needed but we’ve had that notice earlier in the year we all knew they were on the way .

The arse has dropped out mainly because of Coronavirus, that's not FI's fault. Personally I think the Matching Engine has been overstated a bit. Things will be volatile when it's rolled out, especially for the first day or so, but then things will settle when people know where the market is.

Why do you want activity now, if you don't mind me asking? Are you trying to get money out, or money in at a bargain price? Or a bit of both?

I ask because my stance is probably dictated by my portfolio being mainly MB and Bundesliga PB players, so I'm quite happy to sit tight. As far as I'm concerned, dividend winners will still be dividend winners after the Matching Engine arrives and I'm quite happy sitting on my hands and taking dividends with no rush to sell.

• @Yellow said in Matching machine needed NOW:

@Spot-the-value. said in Matching machine needed NOW:

@Yellow Appreciate your feedback but the arse has dropped out of the market . The sell lists are far longer than they needto be and there are very few buyers. I feel they have created a void of trading . Some notice is obviously needed but we’ve had that notice earlier in the year we all knew they were on the way .

The arse has dropped out mainly because of Coronavirus, that's not FI's fault. Personally I think the Matching Engine has been overstated a bit. Things will be volatile when it's rolled out, especially for the first day or so, but then things will settle when people know where the market is.

Why do you want activity now, if you don't mind me asking? Are you trying to get money out, or money in at a bargain price? Or a bit of both?

I ask because my stance is probably dictated by my portfolio being mainly MB and Bundesliga PB players, so I'm quite happy to sit tight. As far as I'm concerned, dividend winners will still be dividend winners after the Matching Engine arrives and I'm quite happy sitting on my hands and taking dividends with no rush to sell.

I’m very happy with my port .
    It’s 20% high profile MB
    60% quality PB
    20% a few slightly risky younger players but not under 70p so a fair bit of promise. Spread over 6 leagues. I also own a couple for IPD in the short term .
    I want to tweak a few things but that’s impossible at the moment . With the risk of repeating myself I feel they have stagnated the index more so than necessary which can’t rest well with potential attraction of new investors in the current times. I just feel a prop dated timeline rather than an announcement of an announcement with better transparency would have been better.

• Yknow what I think... it's because of Footstock.

Hear me out!

FI employed execs from traditional gambling backgrounds and subsequently introduced ipds, all of which was geared towards capturing the quick-thrill punter. We saw how successfully it worked (for Fi) because the start of this season was really volatile.

Now though, Footstock is definitely capturing the attention (and finances) of many a gambler, so perhaps we might see a steady return to the stable and more logical Football Index of the pre-IPD era, as the thrill-seekers defect to the other platform?
    The matching engine will certainly contribute to this (people more selective who they buy eyc)

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!