7 player/staff test positive

• So the fact that 7 players/staff have tested positive for Covid19, so we think this will have an impact on what the FA decide to do with regards to completion of the premier league, considering Scotland pulled the plug and awarded Celtic the title, and it would appear the championship may be heading in the same direction, are we going to see a knee jerk reaction?

• @NewUser122021

6 people testing positive now is what they wanted. They isolate them and keep testing. Theyโ€™re not going to cancel the league because of this. They werenโ€™t expecting 0!

• Knee jerk reaction probably, Germany had a similar outcome when it first started testing players returning to training and look where they are today and coping.

I do however think the dynamic in England is different and don't believe the premier league will be ready to return mid June.

• That's only from 3 teams which have been tested.

Expect a few more yet.

• Wonโ€™t make any difference imo, it wouldโ€™ve been more of a shock if there was no cases reported

• Number of uk deaths has had a significant rise too and i wont be surprised if it continues to rise. I wont be surprised if the remaining fixtures are cancelled and Liverpool are crowned champions. Purely down to how our government has handled this pandemic im not expecting the premier league resume

• @Ericali said in 7 player/staff test positive:

That's only from 3 teams which have been tested.

Expect a few more yet.

0_1589906347441_Screenshot_2020-05-19-17-37-52-1.png

That's a LOT of tests for just three teams mate!
    I suspect you may have got that wrong

Regardless of your mistake, I know you love your percentages Eric so what's 6 out of 748?
    Less than 1%? A drop in the ocean.

There will need to be a lot more positives than that if you "void the season" nutters want to get your way ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‰

• 19 have been tested not 3 lol, germany had 10 from 2 leagues so pretty much not far from where Germany was

• @Black-wolf said in 7 player/staff test positive:

Number of uk deaths has had a significant rise too and i wont be surprised if it continues to rise. I wont be surprised if the remaining fixtures are cancelled and Liverpool are crowned champions. Purely down to how our government has handled this pandemic im not expecting the premier league resume

The weekend lag mate that's all. Tuesday always higher.
    Compare previous Tuesdays and the trend is downward. I
    Behind closed doors is definitely happening

• Sorry - the headline is a bit misleading.

19 teams tested.

0_1589908271426_Screenshot_20200519-181027.png

Second phase of testing later this week. ๐Ÿ‘

The worry is, those 6 positive could have passed it on unknowingly.

• @ScouseSte its jumped to higher than any other day over thar last week so it cant be considered a weekend lag. It could be an anomaly but i wouldnt be surprised if it continues to rise now. I hope it doesnt though.

I suppose after hearing what sage had to say we cant trust the figures any way after they said that their figures arent as accurate as the office for national statistics which really shouldnt matter the results should amount to the same figure just delayed in there presentation. He may aswell have said we just make them up as we go along

• @Ericali said in 7 player/staff test positive:

Sorry - the headline is a bit misleading.

19 teams tested.

0_1589908271426_Screenshot_20200519-181027.png

Second phase of testing later this week. ๐Ÿ‘

The worry is, those 6 positive could have passed it on unknowingly.

As has been mentioned, Germany discovered 10 cases in their first round of testing. That same worry you express was there too mate. Hence why they do a second round of testing.
    And if any of them are positive, they get isolated too and the process continues.

It's a very effective system.

@ScouseSte its jumped to higher than any other day over thar last week so it cant be considered a weekend lag. It could be an anomaly but i wouldnt be surprised if it continues to rise now. I hope it doesnt though.

I suppose after hearing what sage had to say we cant trust the figures any way after they said that their figures arent as accurate as the office for national statistics which really shouldnt matter the results should amount to the same figure just delayed in there presentation. He may aswell have said we just make them up as we go along

Tuesday has always been the highest figure of the week due to weekend lag. This Tuesday is lower than last Tuesday so continues the trend downwards in number of deaths. The 7 day rolling average continues to fall.

@ScouseSte its jumped to higher than any other day over thar last week so it cant be considered a weekend lag. It could be an anomaly but i wouldnt be surprised if it continues to rise now. I hope it doesnt though.

I'm as confident in the premier league resuming as I was that there would be no PB matrix review this summer ๐Ÿ˜‰

And coincidentally, most of those who want the PL voided and the PB matrix reviewed only have self interest at heart, hidden behind a faux concern for "lives at stake" / "the integrity of the platform" ๐Ÿ˜‰

Not trying to cause an argument like ๐Ÿ˜‚

• @mike778 just seen it is actually still lower than last Tuesday. I will honestly be amazed and impressed if it continues to drop

Number of uk deaths has had a significant rise too and i wont be surprised if it continues to rise. I wont be surprised if the remaining fixtures are cancelled and Liverpool are crowned champions. Purely down to how our government has handled this pandemic im not expecting the premier league resume

My thoughts exactly

@mike778 just seen it is actually still lower than last Tuesday. I will honestly be amazed and impressed if it continues to drop

Maybe...

There is a pretty clear trend downwards though and today's stats clearly follow that trend over last few weeks.

Across Europe, cases are falling despite restrictions being reduced. There probably is a seasonality element to it and the vitamin d link seems a real possibility as well.

Cautiously optimistic. In general more than football wise that its going to keep improving.

• Seems some ppl hoping to get better bargains on PL when these OBs finaly hit ;)

• As a % vrs people tested,its way less than the general public figures and they still eased lock down.imo thers no way they will not fininsh the league now.