IPD

• I would be grateful for your thoughts.

I’m new to the platform so apologies if this question has been asked already.

I’ve been tempted to buy some premier league players, the players I am after will get plenty of goals and assists.

Should I wait until closer to the kick off dates to benefit from the 30day IPD bonus? From what I’ve read the bonus is minimal and I’ve got a feeling shares will rise when leagues return.

To clarify these are long term 3 yr investments but are others factoring in IPD when making a purchase?

Thanks

• @jimmyb1700 - I’m still new to the platform and had the same query. In essence if you think that the price will rose by 5p between now and start of premiership games start again but you’ll earn 3p in IPD. Then obviously buy now. If you think the reverse is true, then wait until we get some UK football again. Good luck

• @jimmyb1700

Hi

If you intend holding them for 3 years then is it really worth waiting for IPD?

I mean say the player’s price goes up 3,4,5p prior to you purchasing them? How many goals/assists etc do you need to even that out?

It’s a nice little thing IPD but if you’re committed to three year holds I’d say buy your player when they’re as cheap as you think.

There are no certainties regarding what football will look like and I am not yet really qualified to provide advice... but am offering my opinion.

• Thanks for the helpful advice both

• @jimmyb1700 Could well be worth waiting unless they start ticking up a penny or 5. You may get them cheaper placing a buy order next week, especially if they are out of fashion or have dropped considerably recently.

• @jimmyb1700 I agree with all reply's. In my view there are good IPD players and more expensive long term holds.

I’ve been tempted to buy some premier league players, the players I am after will get plenty of goals and assists.

If this is the case then the players you mention are more than likely too expensive to buy for just IPD divs.

My own strategy devised only a week ago is I will buy IPD players for no more than £1.00 as I don't have much experience with IPD's having only had a few weeks between joining FI and no football.

I am experimenting with a player I bought purely for IPD and started a thread for people to follow at this link

https://forums.footballindex.co.uk/topic/16911/my-jhon-cordoba-journey