Matching Engine

• Just wondered if there’s any player that people have their eye on to try and take advantage of getting them at a lower price? Maybe you think you had missed the boat, Mason Greenwood is probably the one I’d love to get on board with if I can get the right price!

• @ChazFI123 too many to mention. There are players I want. And then there are players which I might be able to get an amazing deal on. May have to reach a compromise.
    I’m thinking hard as to which players ppl are most likely to take a 15%-20% offer on. Maybe Bruno because the sell queue is so long? Who knows. Who do you think other traders will try to offload at a crazy discount, chaz? And don’t say CHO 😄😉

• @ChazFI123 yeah I'd happily top up on some discount Greengoat, can't imagine the sell queue would be too long though so folks would prolly just sell to market. More Bruno's seems an obvious one if people are willing to knock off 20% or so, Neymars queue looks like it's been growing this last month or so, could be worth a cheeky bid. Not sure how many bargains would be available at the lower end, I'm thinking if people are willing to sell at a discount then they obviously need quick coin and will look to offload more expensive assets. Could be wrong mind.

• @Jimbob Bruno and Neymar just purely on the sales queue length will offer some opportunity. If you believe that a dividend review is coming, then those 2 could be a bargain.

• @ChazFI123

hows it going to work? if people sell for 20 percent lower say... but if all those shares in the queue fade there will be a 20 percent rise in price no?

• Id like to add Neymar at a discount but i think he will be a prime target for a lot of people. If i cant get him ill pay full price though as i think he is currently massively undervalued

• @Valhalla @Jimbob I’m guessing the key is someone having a decent sized queue, it mostly seems like the players I’m looking at are more in the youth category....haven’t seen Messi’s queue but I’d consider him if I could get a decent enough discount.. I’m trying to get as big a cash balance as I can for when this ready so I can try and offer the people who want to leave a route out! (I think that’s the way of making it sound nicer 😂)

• @kaka8 I’m afraid I have no clue, in relation to this new function I’d describe myself as all the gear and no idea 😂

• When will the matching engine start?

• This post is deleted!

• I honestly very much doubt you will get any player over £2 at much less than 10% off market price probably much much less on most !
    On some of the bargain basement this may increase to around 25% . FI will give traders plenty of time to fill the gaps before they allow trading . Plenty have cash balances at moment .

• @kaka8 said in Matching Engine:

hows it going to work? if people sell for 20 percent lower say..

Really don't understand why everyone seems to be getting so excited about potentially 20%+ discounts, especially on any decent player that you might want to buy, in a rising overall market why would anyone sell for such large discounts? Platform growth means prices WILL rise over time on all but the retiring &/or totally unwanted players, so other than a few really desperate holders who need out in the short term, I just don't believe there's such a massive supply of distressed sellers just waiting to fulfill such optimistic buy orders.

The first few hours might throw up a couple of bargains but once the market settles I can see spreads narrowing to <10% on most decent buys.

• @NewUser159387 I think the economic situation might bring together some bargains as even if people don't want to sell they might have to because of basic necessities (rent, food ect). I have a couple of players I would sell at more than a 25% discount as I have still made profit on them and don't think they are worth what I bought them at.

• @Valhalla said in Matching Engine:

I’m thinking hard as to which players ppl are most likely to take a 15%-20% offer on. Maybe Bruno because the sell queue is so long?

I think there will be an interesting psychological battle with these guys.

When ME is live... Most people first up will stop buying and start bidding. Which means no price changes as an accepted bid then equates to a buy and a sell at the same time.

However, those with long queues not selling at current price will delist in order to accept a bid... The delisting will increase their price... And then the bid/sale will have no effect... So even tho they are now selling the price will go up on those with sell queues...

When these guys are hitting the top riser list cos they are the only ones going up in price, due to the slightly odd mechanics in place... It will then slow the tide of those who want to sell... People will want to sell their stagnant holds and once they are back in 'green' on Bruno why would they want to sell? Once footy is back he will be very desirable.

People only really listed Bruno in panic cos of the mass listing... Once his price is soaring simply through delisting... It will change the momentum.

Youl probably get good bargains very early and sooner than later you should shift your attention the stagnant players as people look to cash in their profit on peak players whose price isn't moving

• @Vespasian32 There will always be price movements. There won’t be much point in bidding for an in demand player after scoring, getting a good pb score, copping a transfer rumour or just generally being pumped on twatter.

• @Timothee-Atouba yeh I'm talking early doors not long term... But if the early period drags on it will cause panic and be in danger of becoming the norm.

Funny you mention scoring goals 😂 seems obvious right... But FI first promotion of the ME... "Imagine a player you want just scores a brace and you want to buy him, now you can bid" 😂

• @Vespasian32 really good points made. Given me food for thought. All kinds of strange dynamics will be going on.

• @Valhalla it's a very strange concept... Removing a share from queue at £9.70 and selling for 10p will see the players value rise. Prices will no longer have any resemblance to what the market deems them to be worth.

• @Vespasian32 said in Matching Engine:

@Valhalla said in Matching Engine:

I’m thinking hard as to which players ppl are most likely to take a 15%-20% offer on. Maybe Bruno because the sell queue is so long?

I think there will be an interesting psychological battle with these guys.

When ME is live... Most people first up will stop buying and start bidding. Which means no price changes as an accepted bid then equates to a buy and a sell at the same time.

However, those with long queues not selling at current price will delist in order to accept a bid... The delisting will increase their price... And then the bid/sale will have no effect... So even tho they are now selling the price will go up on those with sell queues...

When these guys are hitting the top riser list cos they are the only ones going up in price, due to the slightly odd mechanics in place... It will then slow the tide of those who want to sell... People will want to sell their stagnant holds and once they are back in 'green' on Bruno why would they want to sell? Once footy is back he will be very desirable.

People only really listed Bruno in panic cos of the mass listing... Once his price is soaring simply through delisting... It will change the momentum.

Youl probably get good bargains very early and sooner than later you should shift your attention the stagnant players as people look to cash in their profit on peak players whose price isn't moving

This boys got brains.

• @Le-Blanc and I've got nearly 10k in Bruno... 😂