Catch me up.

• So what should I know about FI and the forum.

I've not really been keeping up as I've been so busy. So assume I know nothing.

Matching Engine. When it comes online will there be a opportunity to buy players below market price that other trades need to get rid of, but can't stomach the massive spreads right now. I know that is comes across as wanting to take advantage to the current economic climate, but needs asking. I can see there are people that want to sell, but won't eg, CHO is 7% down. I can't remember the exact percentage, but Ronaldo was hit a lot hard a couple of years ago. His age also played apart even back then.

Has there been any good forum fights or debates?

Any rumors about the future of FI?

Great to be back, hope everyone is stay happy, healthy and prosperous in these messed up times.

• @Misto

Welcome to the forum

This thread is quite helpful for new joiners

https://forums.footballindex.co.uk/topic/5771/football-index-forum-master-thread

• LOL Fuck me I'm dead 不不不不不. Can't stop laughing.

• @Misto matching engine will allow buyers to determine the IS for holders essentially, i think with the huge spreads and IS currently inactive there could be some bargins available.

As for good fights, they happen daily now but theres a lot more name calling than we had in the past its safe to say it gets a bit toxic from time to time but someone always tends to calm it down or distract from it.

Id say the forum is a hell of a lot more populated than when we last saw you so theres always great info to collect and top debates to get into.

Welcome back

• @Misto said in Catch me up.:

LOL Fuck me I'm dead 不不不不不. Can't stop laughing.

I wouldnt let @Advinculas-Index get to you he says that to everyone that joins or in your case returns to the forum

• @Black-wolf @Advinculas-Index

Is the master thread still used?

If so I'll update the player links.

Just saw the user sign up thread to track the new sign up trends I used to do.
    https://forums.footballindex.co.uk/topic/5046/this-just-took-me-6-hours-manual-data-mining-appreciate
    Over 1 year out of date. That's one when I'm bored for a day.

• @Misto Welcome back, mate. You've been greatly missed. A few popular posters no longer post due to certain individuals. Enhanced Due Diligence has caused a lot of pain and frustration for some. Apart from these, the 2 threads below will get you up to speed as to the sentiment of the forum.

Matching Engine:
    https://forums.footballindex.co.uk/topic/16669/announcement-edit-turned-out-to-be-initial-phase-of-order-books

Footstock:
    https://forums.footballindex.co.uk/topic/16915/who-deleted-footstock-thread

• You will soon get up to speed if you have a few days back on here. The odd bickering here and there but I'm mainly blaming that on the lack of football! Bundesliga has rejuvenated that somewhat, everybody seems to be trying to jump on the players from the next league back,seen a few loading up on SeriaA players following the trend last month of Bundesliga players. Others are trying to get a cash balance ready for the matching Engine to take advantage of the current climate and get cheap olayers from people wanting their money out. That's my input.. Oh an we've had a couple of threads deleted about footstock but let's not go down that road..

• @Misto welcome back master

• @Advinculas-Index You still doing the league and last champ I remember is @Keegans-Bluff.

@Londoner @Dan-w Without getting to much into it. I guess Footstock are still trading then. I remember when it launched. News and talk for about 4 weeks then most seem to forget about it. Has it has a resurgence or just been ticking along in the background getting bigger?

• Welcome back.

One big change over the past year has been MB opening up to all players, not just the top 200. Launched with the stats claiming historically only 7% of past MB wins would have gone to squad players. Not sure on current stats but feels like that percentage is too low.

MB is a mess at the moment with some stories being deleted, others standing and very little consistency.

There was also a questionnaire a few months back and a future MB review promised, probably in the off season. From the questions, and the forum suggestions given, possibly opening up to foreign outlets, adding more football related keywords and hopefully fixing the full name only scoring points system.

• There's a few more "characters" about nowadays..... (Best way I can describe them)

You will soon see if you stick around

Been some good additions to the forum, & some bad.

• Did FI give you a call to come and sort the forum out today?

• @Westy Not spoken to FI Dan in about a year, the last message I had FI related was FIG asking if i wanted to come on the POD about 6 months ago. Not sure I'd be much use now. lol

Hope we get a September Birthday bonus this year, should be when i'm selling a house I got to flip. Saw we didn't get a Adam Cole Birthday bonus in April, but that could be because of Covid.

• The background to this classic quote is perhaps the forum story of the last few months.

0_1590011499928_Screenshot_20200520-223247.png

It involves Footstock, Orderbooks and a stubborn to sell Lionel Messi. It's an amusing read if you have time. It stretches across many threads. Or tiresome for some maybe perhaps without a measure of lockdown juice. Depends how you look at it I guess.

@Advinculas-Index You still doing the league and last champ I remember is @Keegans-Bluff.

@Londoner @Dan-w Without getting to much into it. I guess Footstock are still trading then. I remember when it launched. News and talk for about 4 weeks then most seem to forget about it. Has it has a resurgence or just been ticking along in the background getting bigger?

There has been a big growth of FS, and some FI traders are thinking of shifting more money there..........

• Yeh, I can conclusively conclude that Mr White is indeed a c0ck

No further investigation needed @Misto

@Advinculas-Index You still doing the league and last champ I remember is @Keegans-Bluff.

I did a 2nd one but had to abandon it when they shut down the old site and i couldn't be arsed to reconfigure my spreadsheet to accommodate the new set up.

However...... Mr Bluff has got an idea for a new competition he is going to run once the 5 leagues get back up and running.

• @Londoner So it would have been a good idea to get involved when the only way to buy player was off their kickstarter page. oh well.

@Yellow you still about? Remember all the work we put into MB and the AFINN system around "victor" didn't really work out. Still hold about 1000 shares, should have sold at 瞿1, but still in profit on him.

• @Advinculas-Index correction.

@Keegans-Bluff won the first one.

I romped home in the second one & the third one was abandoned, giving a hollow victory to @Dan-w - much like the proposed title being handed to Liverpool (a bit tainted)