Newcastle Takeover Approved By Premier League? Hmmm Who To Buy....

• https://talksport.com/football/708232/premier-league-approve-takeover-newcastle-saudi/

Proper wealthy those prospective Newcastle Owners. Imagine they are going to be stealing alot of headlines in the close season with most clubs on their knees. It's going to be a buyer's market and their likely to have a decent kitty. Some big names linked already like Bale and Koulibaly. But what affect will quality incoming players have on the existing players. What price an Andy Carroll England return?🙄

Significant development if this goes through. Any plans to take advantage of the ripples it causes.

• Longstaff brothers will now be given bumper contracts. I wonder if they keep Bruce..

• I'm sure they will spend but in the age of FFP it won't quite be like Citeh or Chelsea.

Still, given that many clubs won't be spending big due to Covid they could have a clear run at a few names that might otherwise be beyond them.

Also, fuck the Premier League for finding these twunts 'fit and proper'. Miserable.

• @Dalian-Smith I saw this discussed somewhere recently, it was brought up that when citeh first got loadsa coin they were gonna sign kaka, Messi, Rooney, Ronaldo, every fucker. In comes Jo, Jolean Lescott and co. Obviously Robinho was a "name" at the time, and Kompany was excellent, but the top players might not be too keen to go to Newcastle just yet. Bale seems like a good shout though if they can match his wages without breaching ffp.

• No matter who they sign id imagine they will be linked to every player going this summer. The papers will have it that Sancho, Neymar and Mbappe are all on their way to Newcastle. Anyway even more players will now be linked to Premier League moves so loads of MB incoming plus they share Man Utd’s United bonus and they will be in the puplic eye all summer

• @Lukeroro If they keep Bruce then they know NOTHING about football.

• @Lukeroro

Wagstaff? Longstaff?

• @PaulM said in Newcastle Takeover Approved By Premier League? Hmmm Who To Buy....:

@Lukeroro

Wagstaff? Longstaff?

It's been a long lockdown!

• @Jimbob said in Newcastle Takeover Approved By Premier League? Hmmm Who To Buy....:

@Dalian-Smith I saw this discussed somewhere recently, it was brought up that when citeh first got loadsa coin they were gonna sign kaka, Messi, Rooney, Ronaldo, every fucker. In comes Jo, Jolean Lescott and co. Obviously Robinho was a "name" at the time, and Kompany was excellent, but the top players might not be too keen to go to Newcastle just yet. Bale seems like a good shout though if they can match his wages without breaching ffp.

And Robinho exclaimed his desire to join Chelsea 24 hours earlier and I'm sure Kompany was the last signing before Dubai took over!

Never play down Lescott's legendary forehead, I think he got into double figures one year with Everton 🤣

• St Maximin is the obvious one who could blow up. I think Shelvey, Lascelles and maybe Joelinton will be a key part of Newcastle’s short term plans too (next 2-3 seasons).

They’re probably the only Premier League club who’ll try and do lots of business this summer so I’ll be keeping an eye

• I already hold maxamin as I think he’s a diamond woth a lot of rough edges reminds me a bit of sterling in his Liverpool time just needed pep or if he waited I think Klopp would’ve got the same results out of him maybe better who knows

• I'm loading up on Phillipe Albert, General Lee and Sir Les

• Outside shout for transfers, Draxler ( looking to restart career ) Rabiot/Ramsey ( Juve looking to clear some of the dead wood)

• My thoughts are with Jamal Khashoggi..

Karmas a bitch Newcastle..Sorry

• The comparisons with early days city I don't think apply here. Cash is king. I hear daily Barcelona and other big teams really impacted by covid. I could see a Countinho or similar making the move. Maximan for me will be the biggest gain. I don't hold but he looks some player on his day. In a better team he could really shine and a better team maybe not far away.

Matty Longstaff looks set for Everton. I'm reading that from multiple sources. If that is true it looks like they are going to gut the existing team to make way for the new. Always a shame to lose a lad whose come up from academy though. He looks a talent as well.

• I think Almiron will kick on. He and Maximin will be huge players next year.

• Let's not forget the Saudis have been heavily impacted by the oil prices. OK a football club is still fairly small change to them, but to be honest i only expect one or two marquee signings. Also, as said, FFP limits what they can do (FFP is one of the worst things to happen to football, IMHO).

Despite that, the media will probably be linking every big footballer and their dog to Newcastle once this goes through, so it could be a bit of an MB lottery.