I started buying early, anyone else doing the same?

• Everyone is likely trying to build cash balances at the moment so the way i see it many players are currently at the lowest they will get under their individual circumstances. I was planning on trying for a few bargins when the matching engine is introduced but as im heading back to work i didnt want to chance missing out on all the players ive researched for this.

My thinking is that when the ME is dropped there will be bargins but at the same time mass delisting to accept those bids so prices are likely to rise pretty fast and if i miss that window to grap a bargain i may be looking at higher prices on my current shopping list.

All the players i have bought are between £1 to £3 and have left myself a cash balance for a chance at grabbing a couple of Premium players if the opportunity arises.

Anyone else buying currently or have i been a little hasty with my purchases?

• Banned

@Black-wolf
    I haven't bought but have removed nearly all from sell queue for now.

I am currently in the process of debating whether or not I want to add another £500 here and have a cash balance and another £500 on the-site-which-must-not-be-named and turn the £500 challenge into a £1000 one.

• It's always a good idea to at least consider doing the opposite of what the market is doing mate. 👍

Personally, my plan is to deposit new money and thereafter place a number of 'fair' buy bids on several of my current holds, in the hope of that I can top up and get a discount at the same time.

If the bids are not met, I will more than likely just remove the money from the platform as I am not desperate to invest further, but am lucky to be in a position financially to take advantage of the introduction of the matching engine.

• I like that strategy and logic behind thinking prices will rise when people delist. If I had a cash balance I’d be joining you in buying early.

If I’m not mistaken it’s exactly 30days to the end of the Bundesliga, so anyone chasing IPD returns will get 7/8 games worth of returns if they buy today. Or people may think the German boat has sailed and willl be waiting for Italy or England to make firm announcements.

Good luck

• Not changed a thing at the moment, just continuing to top up on the players I see as being top of the pile come Euro 2021....not looking at short term anymore - all investments now are medium to long term.

• @MrWh1te be prepared that on voldamorts site that it can get very volatile, if FI starts on an upward trend then you could see money moving back this way. Theres been a lot of people filling the void by finding whatever they can to gamble on. I think when football is up and running again you will find FS cant touch FI. I personally would never put the same in one platform as the other

• @johnboywalker said in I started buying early, anyone else doing the same?:

It's always a good idea to at least consider doing the opposite of what the market is doing mate. 👍

Personally, my plan is to deposit new money and thereafter place a number of 'fair' buy bids on several of my current holds, in the hope of that I can top up and get a discount at the same time.

If the bids are not met, I will more than likely just remove the money from the platform as I am not desperate to invest further, but am lucky to be in a position financially to take advantage of the introduction of the matching engine.

That was my other plan of action and ive held back £1000 for bids. Im trying my best to play the upcoming changes with as little risk as possible

• @Frank-Mole-Pepys said in I started buying early, anyone else doing the same?:

I like that strategy and logic behind thinking prices will rise when people delist. If I had a cash balance I’d be joining you in buying early.

If I’m not mistaken it’s exactly 30days to the end of the Bundesliga, so anyone chasing IPD returns will get 7/8 games worth of returns if they buy today. Or people may think the German boat has sailed and willl be waiting for Italy or England to make firm announcements.

Good luck

According to my calculations, you'd miss out on Matchday 33 and definitely miss out on the final game day scheduled on June 27th!!!

• Banned

@Black-wolf Yeah I am prepared for that.
    Just wanna see this challenge out, and am in the position to be able to do another 500 on each

• @MrWh1te good luck. I hope it goes smoothly

• Banned

@Black-wolf
    Thank you, I am sure it won't :p

• @johnboywalker I have a similar plan, I'm lucky in the fact that lockdown is probably helping me financially as I'm still working and have nothing to spend my money on! I've got a list of players/bids I'm willing to make, if it goes successfully then I'll put all the money I've saved into FI, if not I'll probably save it until I've got a better grasp of ME! As the best savings account I can find offers 1.6% for 2 years- madness!

• @Black-wolf
    Could it work the opposite way too.
    With FI suddenly 'liquid' traders could take the opportunity to withdraw.
    Lots of second guessing.

• Haven't really been paying too much attention to the Matching Engine, but is the general expectation that at first you will be able to offer significantly lower bid prices to pick up players on the cheap (assume just above the IS price)?
    However at the same time people will be delisting to prevent selling at these lower prices (is this how it will work if shares are already in the sell queue?) - and then prices will be expected to rise again.

Therefore either take advantage now before delisting or try get in fast on big spreads when ME comes out?

• @Dronny-Gaz yes but the sell queues will still shrink and move prices up. The shares have only changed hands. Worst case scenario is nothing happens and the players i have bought remain priced as they are now.

People may take the opportunity to withdraw money but the bid order system will also encourage those that like to keep cash balances to spend

• @Abaalan thats my thinking and i consider buying now the lower risk option of the two if i plan to buy these players anyway

• I'm of the same opinion and am in the process of refining my shortlist of players to purchase within the next day or so. The ME could of course have the opposite effect with some traders who have been "trapped" suddenly selling up, however I think you can mitigate this risk by targeting players who have multiple avenues for value creation (PB/MB/CA/Transfer/Major Tournaments etc.). I'm very much a med-long term trader (and remember this is a 3 year bet) so I'm comfortable that any short term market correction (up or down) will not have a significant impact on my portfolio.

• @inoffthepost - thx. Back to school for me

• @Frank-Mole-Pepys said in I started buying early, anyone else doing the same?:

@inoffthepost - thx. Back to school for me

Don't suppose you have any dates for when that might happen also ... 😜🤣

• @johnboywalker - 32nd Feb next year lol