ME Strategy

• So with the news that the Matching Engine is launching in the morning, what strategies are people considering?

Personally I've shortlisted a few players that have had big rises in the last couple of months and people might have a lot of cash tied up in that they'd like to release.

Not sure whether to try to get involved at 10 though or wait and see what's going on for an hour or two first...

And is anyone looking to make a quick sale early doors?

• @Hint said in ME Strategy:

Plenty are salivating about the discounts they are going to get but fail to factor in you need a matching seller who's prepared to accept your offer. I'm sure the odd distressed seller may need out at almost any price but for every potential bargain sale there's hundreds of eager buyers, which is why I'm sceptical that all these mythical discounts will actually exist. That's assuming that the IT infrastructure can even cope with the extra traffic volume.

I predict lots of disappointed, empty handed bargain hunters, order books are a great step forward but I doubt they are the land of milk & honey many are predicting.

• @NewUser159387 said in ME Strategy:

@Hint said in ME Strategy:

Plenty are salivating about the discounts they are going to get but fail to factor in you need a matching seller who's prepared to accept your offer. I'm sure the odd distressed seller may need out at almost any price but for every potential bargain sale there's hundreds of eager buyers, which is why I'm sceptical that all these mythical discounts will actually exist. That's assuming that the IT infrastructure can even cope with the extra traffic volume.

I predict lots of disappointed, empty handed bargain hunters, order books are a great step forward but I doubt they are the land of milk & honey many are predicting.

Bound to be a few bargains purely down to uk economic situation and dare say a few will be selling up,but yeah lots on here living in cloud cuckoo land

• @NewUser159387

You are probably right, but it won't stop us from going shopping!! 🤣

If I don't find anything that fits, I'll go home empty handed, but not particularly bothered, and the money will go back in my wallet.

• There'll be hellish bargains to be had until about 10:00:40 I reckon as those suffering in the real world cut and run so anyone with big dollar to spend will do fantastically if their little pinkie are quicker than those of others. Thereafter, those like myself with a handful of trades they want out of will probably get fairer prices. I'm lucky that I dont urgently need out, but the quicker I liquidate those trades, the quicker I can scalp other people wanting out of trades that I want into so its balancing act probably. Then again, those trades I want into are those yet to come 'on trend' so possibly the bargains in these areas will not materialize immediately because all but the most desperate will be of a mind to keep hold. I'm one of those keeping the cogs turning tho so probably wont do much business?

Penny for the thoughts of my fellow front line cannon fodder mr @Martyn-B. Your probs gonna be grafting. Are u thinking similarly?

• Very frustrating that it’s out tomorrow when I’m at work; but should be able to find WiFi to update the app.

My plan is to simple look to top up on current holds at a discount if I can; held some cash balance back and add a few hundred more.

I’m not desperate to spend it, but for the right prices better in here than my bank.

I’m also hoping for a nice mass delisting so my other Holds rocket 🚀 😎

• @MickTurbo I have £360 in the sell queue and not going to remove to IS and a cash balance of £141. So will get involved tomorrow but not heavily. Going to put in 3 bids on 3 players, see if any accepted, if so cancel the other 2 and go back in for more of the successful bid.

Enjoying the current de-listing and the rise in my current portfolio. Looking forward to ME just a shame I hadn't built up the cash balance.

• @Martyn-B I've benefitted from de listing to the tune of £30 or 0.13%

• I haven't decided to buy any players tomorrow so will sit on the sidelines and see what happens.

If I do decide to buy, I figure the best strategy is to make bids above the highest bid on offer and post on here and on Facebook that my bids on list of players remain open for acceptance until x time.

I'm not leaving any open ended bids as I can't watch the index and news 24/7. If a player dies I don't want to end up buying him by accident.

The sellers will then have a little bit more info to enable them to make a decision.

• Think I might aim on topping up Trincao and Neves...but someone like Cherki or Bellingham really tempts, but I think that might be the gambler in me!

• @ChazFI123 I don't understand the big interest in Bellingham that makes him the 19th most expensive player on the index.

I'm presuming OB will limit the excessive prices of the wonder kids before they have kicked a ball at the top level.

• @Harford-is-God there’s 2 main things that make me want to jump on board, I watched him away at Bristol city and he was so much better than I expected, and I firmly believe he’ll end up at United. However, I think this is more a trade that’s with my impulse rather than my head, I doubt I’ll do it but I think this lad could be some player and his next move could end up huge for his hype, and that often drives the price more than it should!

• @ChazFI123 I would wait to pick him up at £2 when he's back playing in the championship for the next 2 seasons of his development. Happy to be proved wrong, he's a decent physical specimen for his age which of course can change but I didn't see a WOW in the 2 games I witnessed this season.

Plenty of time for that to change and be proved wrong but FOMO has driven that price up, nothing else.

• @Harford-is-God I think I’ve decided my final list...2 tops up and 3 new buys! And no Jude! Definitely going to try and make the most of this commision free trading, just hope the platform manages to stay alive during it!

• I'm thinking of throwing a few grand in tomorrow but not 100% sure how to play it, whether it's best to rush in or wait. First 2 hours will be madness then I think it'll calm with a few flurries.

I'm tempted to get into Bruno, Kane, Pogba etc for the easy MB. Dividend winners aren't changing soon and I don't see much football back in this country for a while yet.

Decisions decisions 🤔

• @ChazFI123 Good shout looking at your signature, plenty of options.

I have no additional funds, spent some dough in the DB but at least tomorrow allows me to make decisions again on my portfolio if I felt it necessary.

• @Harford-is-God luckily the Mrs has just moved in, so that means that I’ve got a fair bit more disposable income each month! Still a bit disappointed I won’t be able to see my local team for a very long time, but this is a slight distraction at the very least!

• What ever you do it will cost you 4% commission.After the free period.Bid to buy and then IS.

• im looking at my port for players where the current IS is less than my cost price. I will select the best of these to try and buy in cheaper than original cost to increase shares and lower my average cost. Some very interesting names are coming up!

• Looking on the market sell thread to see who is taking a while to go. Then may try with a few low ball bids above IS.