£20 player

• I agree, if new people see top players worth £20 will they join and invest?

15 does sound reasonable but it's just going to grow and grow

• I think the 3 year rule will stop it happening as people have to dump their shares at some point, and they may not buy back in.
    Must admit I'm avoiding some of the 'big 5' coming up to FI's 3 year anniversary as all those original investors who got their Neymars for pennies will have to sell, can only imagine what that'll do to the price!

• Personally I think it can continue to grow and hit £20+. The most popular rise and some people will buy in and some won’t. Use Bitcoin as an example - People could say at 5000 for 1 share as too much and not invested but some have and it went up again and again and again. People will continue to join and it will continue to rise. However I think it there will come a point where people go “what’s the point?” when they get too high unless the rewards become higher. As an example, would you pay £50 for 1 Neymar for a potential 4p on a single game game? So yes I think we’ll hit £20 but I think it will get to a point where it does slow down and other players seem more appealing. Only 1 way to find out though!

• Neymar is about to hit £12 whilst out injured and not winning any media, as soon as he returns and the WC is near he will be back winning MB and his price should go near the £15 mark I would think?
    I bought as many as I could and won’t be topping up but can see people wanting to jump on and benefit from the many dividends he will return

• @Ermejo
    Plus transfer spec all summer 👍

• @NewUser117151 according to the 1 year graph Neymar was only £3 1 year ago. Even if he was £3 three years ago (he wasn't just going on the facts I have) then all the people who are coming up to 3 years selling could only drop his price £3. I think the amount of people that have held for the full 3 years would be tiny as most people would have sold and bought back so I don't personally predict a massive sell off.

On top of that when you see huge sell off you often see big rises to counter that. Is it a coincidence that Messi was down 50p yesterday and Salah is up 40p? Or is that all the Messi money being put on Salah? So if someone had 500 Messi and sold they would probably buy 400 Neymar, Kane or Salah.

There are other reasons not to buy these players but I believe the 3 year rule will only really matter in 2 1/2 years when this year's unpresidented growth is due to come to the end of its 3 years.

• I can see a rise in dividends before a share split as it's more cost effective for FI mathematically speaking. This will only happen if the number of active users keeps rising though as the commission's are what will pay for these dividends. A share split could be too expensive without a big investment coming from somewhere.

• A share split doesnt cost FI anything ...

• @mike778 initially yes, but imagine they halved all the prices just now and doubles your shares. Because of the dividend payouts the prices would eventually rise back to where they are but everyone would have double the futures which FI would have to pay dividends on. And then when the prices inevitably rise again everyone's doubled their money by sitting right, instant sell half of them for cash and you're on the same as you had before, it would cost them money over time. Like I said, basic maths.

• @John-Renwick *sitting tight

• @John-Renwick on the last share split the dividends were halved. Hard to do this with the current price structure.

• @Ozzlebert I agree. That's why I'm saying a dividend increase is the most likely option (in my opinion) can't see it happening anytime soon tho.

• I can see a million users of this site but the end of the year so I think prices alround will double

• @John-Renwick said in £20 player:

@mike778 initially yes, but imagine they halved all the prices just now and doubles your shares. Because of the dividend payouts the prices would eventually rise back to where they are but everyone would have double the futures which FI would have to pay dividends on. And then when the prices inevitably rise again everyone's doubled their money by sitting right, instant sell half of them for cash and you're on the same as you had before, it would cost them money over time. Like I said, basic maths.

No.

The dividend payouts would be split as well so media is 2.5p a day.

It wouldnt cost FI anything just not sure what they would do with the decimals.

• @NewUser137359 said in £20 player:

I can see a million users of this site but the end of the year so I think prices alround will double

It depends on dividend increases though as there is a set return.

If prices double then a 10pc ROI becomes a 5pc ROI so people are less likely to buy causing a drop.

• During one of the FI meetings Adam Cole was asked about both an increase in dividends (he specifically said they were very generous as it stands which I must agree with) and a share split (he did not rule it out however they need to work out the cost of rounding up players prices and the 5p MB as 0.5p don’t make much sense)

• Player value is capped by dividend return, it has to be. The but price that this cap sits at is uncertain, although applying logic and a bit of maths can give us an idea. IMO the media dividends will set the cap rather than PB. Does anyone else agree that a change to PB would have to take place in the close season?

• @Ermejo - also agree with you and Adam Cole that the current dividends are currently generous. The yields achieved by the big players is driving the market upwards and long may it continue! Where do you see the 'soft cap' for MB i.e. The share price at which 5p return no longer represents much value, leading to a slow down at the top?

• @John-Renwick hmm I'm not sure about this. I think when the time comes to do something the choice will be either a share split or increase dividends. Now if they double dividends the financial cost is the same as the dividends. However, I believe double dividends would lead to a long steady growth. Conversely if you share split but keep dividends flat you'll have people pumping in money till neymar back near £9+ within a month the inflation would be insane and FI would be able to use this to get loads more interest for new users.

As I've said previously not sure which way they'd go but don't think it's as but and dry as you say. Do agree it's a long long way off though

• @Pierrey2129 completly agree, also can't see them reducing any dividends without replacing it with something else as they would be changing the terms while bets are live.

That's fine if it benefits the users but the other way and there could be issues. It's covered in the terms but would leave a bitter taste for some. Personally I'm happy. I have trust and even if it gets harder to make money it's still better than an ISA or savings account.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.