Another delay ... now 1500 hours!! 🤪

• 0_1590145471906_Screenshot_20200522-120146_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Not a good look

• Piss take

• Does this mean player buying suspended till 3 and will miss the chance of In play divs for tonight’s game?

• No. They’ve extended that deadline until 5pm

• If they opened it up now and it was a cock up there would be hell on. Ok the deadline has slid a bit but surely better to get it correct.

• @MickTurbo said in Another delay ... now 1500 hours!! 🤪:

If they opened it up now and it was a cock up there would be hell on. Ok the deadline has slid a bit but surely better to get it correct.

You would have thought so wouldn’t you Mick. I totally agree with you, but unfortunately a lot of people seem to think it would be better to launch it before it’s ready to be launched - I can’t understand why but hey ho 🤦‍♂️

• @MrPatient said in Another delay ... now 1500 hours!! 🤪:

@MickTurbo said in Another delay ... now 1500 hours!! 🤪:

If they opened it up now and it was a cock up there would be hell on. Ok the deadline has slid a bit but surely better to get it correct.

You would have thought so wouldn’t you Mick. I totally agree with you, but unfortunately a lot of people seem to think it would be better to launch it before it’s ready to be launched - I can’t understand why but hey ho 🤦‍♂️

I think the point myself and a few others are making here - is that FI announce with bells a whistles a new feature that many people are excited about - however we knew that it would not go right? Its not a one off is it?

I have tried to make fun out of it, and tried to steer people onto 1 thread and make a joke about it not working - thus - trying to not create a toxic response and people arguing between themselves (which we have seen when things go wrong in the past).

I agree 100% - if its not right, then don't roll it out - but you would learn wouldn't you after the first, second, third, forth time.......that you need to get it right.

Imagine the investment if after the bells and whistles it was implemented correctly, on-time and without falling over?

I'm on this wonky ride for the mid to long term so for me - it is what it is, i'll take the micky and hopefully people will see what I am trying to do.

Onwards and upwards everyone.

• @MrPatient said in Another delay ... now 1500 hours!! 🤪:

@MickTurbo said in Another delay ... now 1500 hours!! 🤪:

I don't think anyone here wants them to launch a broken product.

My frustration is because I come from a background where if I tell somebody that something will be done by 10am, it is done by 10am.

If I had any reservation that I wouldn't be able to meet an unrealistic deadline, I would never have set the deadline in the first place.

Launch it when its ready. Simple as that, but don't tickle our balls with daft tweets and false promises. It just makes the platform look amateurish.

• @johnboywalker having to fib to the Mrs saying ive got a work Teams meeting online at 2:45pm... guna have to barricade my office door so she doesnt walk in to seeing her number 1 hate FI loaded on my screens! (if i can still trade of course!)

• @Westy said in Another delay ... now 1500 hours!! 🤪:

@johnboywalker having to fib to the Mrs saying ive got a work Teams meeting online at 2:45pm... guna have to barricade my office door so she doesnt walk in to seeing her number 1 hate FI loaded on my screens! (if i can still trade of course!)

I wouldn't rearrange anymore of your day around the matching engine ... I did hope this wouldn't happen, but can't say I'm surprised.

1500 will very quickly turn to 1900 which will all of a sudden be Monday morning 0900 hours! 🤣

• @johnboywalker @MickTurbo Totally agree with your sentiments Gents. I love the concept and welcome the changes but happy to take a back seat early doors to fully understand the mechanics. What is slightly disconcerting and damages FI reputation needlessly is, having announced today for the launch, they then encounter issues which - on the face of it - seem more than simple bug fixes and which you might expect to have been picked up during beta process, no? I'm not a software developer by the way, as you've probably guessed...... 🤣

• FI have put the pressure on themselves by setting themselves the 10am slot.
    I'd rather they wait whilst next Fri at 10am and it function perfectly, than to rush it out just to get it out there quick.

• Hands up who's ever done a software release to a live environment?

No?

Thought not...

The fact they haven't slipped by days is impressive. Matching engines are hard to put together as well. I know from painful experience.

• Friday afternoon launch? Risky. Better to wait until Monday if they aren't 100% sure.

• @Royston-Vasey

That's the main thing for me. The damage it does to the reputation of the product and company.

They have made some major fuck ups in my time on the platform. Every time, I hope they will have learned a lesson. Sometimes they do ...

Almost every forum user with more than 12 months service probably expected today was going to be a shitshow, and once again, FI didn't disappoint.

The future is now ... actually it's at midday, no hold on, make that late afternoon. 🤣🤷🏼‍♂️

• recently feels they are trying to rush things through...

• @Metropolis said in Another delay ... now 1500 hours!! 🤪:

Friday afternoon launch? Risky. Better to wait until Monday if they aren't 100% sure.

I agree. Give themselves the weekend to make it right. FI could do without a PR disaster at the minute.

• @Ellisandro said in Another delay ... now 1500 hours!! 🤪:

Hands up who's ever done a software release to a live environment?

No?

Thought not...

The fact they haven't slipped by days is impressive. Matching engines are hard to put together as well. I know from painful experience.

I wouldn't expect an electrician to perform open heart surgery on me.

I don't expect a dentist to fix my car.

I expect a software developer to be able to do his/her job.

• @johnboywalker
    Put it off until perfect.
    Make all Bundesliga game days Gold until another league starts as a sweetener.
    Everyone's happy.
    Great PR, software running smooth and encouraging trading in the Bundesliga 😂