ME bids accepted

• Juan bernat @ 50p

• @chippy said in ME bids accepted:

@Martyn-B how long did it take to pick them up? im waiting hours, i offered just above the instant sell price on coutinho and sabitzer

Most of my successful bids are taking about 24 hours. If you are just above IS price you are probably in position to pick up buys after the next 100 or 150 sales, or one big sale (unlikely with those 2), although there is a lot of sniping and shifting of position at the front of the queue as the more generous or desperate bids are accepted. Just above IS is a good place to be and where most of my bids have been.

• Been topping up on Jedvaj 32p, Mittelstadt 82p, Tah 1.16 and Savanier at 1.43 which minimal shares in the last day.

• @PaulM said in ME bids accepted:

@Martyn-B

Hi Martyn... and anybody!

Many thanks for the response. A couple of traders have advised re: bidding and if I’m outing myself as a thicko then so be it...

Take J-P Mateta for example: At time of writing.

Market price is £1.12. I successfully bid for 16 out of 100 at £0.90. I want the other 84 shares as cheap as possible. Sell price is £0.84. If I look into it, it says £0.85 when selling 1 and £0.81 when I select 100, which I don’t have and remember I want to buy.

What I’m struggling with is this suggestion that I should be able to figure out an almost guaranteed successful bid price. I could bid low and be left waiting and high when I could’ve got cheaper. Isn’t the £0.84 an average of the last 300 bid upon? That doesn’t mean anybody will definitely sell at that price or even a little higher does it? In short, what price would you suggest a bid in this example?

Kyle Walker-Peters (£0.74 buy) is another. I buy 1 and look to sell and it’s all around £0.40 to £0.45 regardless of quantity as per his Sell Price. I want 100 shares... so what would you bid? How are you arriving at the figure?

Many thanks

Hi Paul,

Any price below market buy price is a good price. Also hindsight is a wonderful thing, in my other post above it looks like I could have shaved another £16 or so off of my Klosterman purchases.

The IS price is the average of the top 300 bids, NOT the last 300 bids.

With your JPM example the highest bid is 85p. Average of top 100 is 81p. Average of top 300 is 84p. The numbers you provided don't add up, average of top 100 always higher than the average of the top 300?

I calculate the bids in the queue by testing the sell price of 1 share, then 10, if massive difference go back and test 2,3,4 etc. Then 20, 30, 40, 50, 100 etc. Then you know if you are up against one cheeky bid for one share (ignore and bid below) or a serious bid of say 100 and you need to bid higher to get matched. If you bid the same then other bidder is in the queue ahead of you (first come, first served).

Regardless of the true numbers if the single highest bid is 85p, why bid 90p? Why not 86p? You would still be the top bid and the first to buy. Only benefit in going higher than every other bid is to entice sellers, but if they are desperate they will just as likely go for 86p.

Only other thing I would advise is if you want 100 shares place bids of 4x25 or 5x20 even if all the same price. This doesn't affect your place in the buy queue but does allow you to change your mind on part of your order and gives you greater flexibility.

Hope some of this helps 👍

• Brandt 50 @ £2.30

• Guerrero at 1.54. Was at 1.79 a couple of weeks ago so I think this is a decent deal. He has 4 200+ scores this season, has an average PB score of 114 and delivered 12p of dividends this season and is still only 26. For those that want to hold longer term, there is a fair chance he gets reassigned as a defender.

Edit: Wrong thread, should be on the seller one

• Dilrosun - 89p (£1.13)

• I've just IS 32 Maximin shares at £2.10. The IS button was at £2.05. I had a 25p/share profit, so still in good profit after IS. Is this how it should work? I'm very happy with the sell price, but why is it showing IS at £2.05, but my shares was sold at £2.10?

0_1591621348379_upload-6e66855a-b161-4f28-abd7-005c14b18d22

0_1591621424140_upload-a4ba1add-d9fa-48b7-a801-342b680deb62

• @Londoner That is right. The IS price is an average of the top 300 bids. So, for example, there could be shares for sale from 2.10 to 2.00 meaning the IS would show 2.05. If you had sold more then your overall IS price would of fallen.

• Gakpo - £1.47
    Bowen - £1.45
    Hans Vanaken - .30p

• @AJH1982 said in ME bids accepted:

@Londoner That is right. The IS price is an average of the top 300 bids. So, for example, there could be shares for sale from 2.10 to 2.00 meaning the IS would show 2.05. If you had sold more then your overall IS price would of fallen.

Many thanks. I haven't used ME and won't until the full OB is here, but it's great because some spreads are much tighter. However, that is only true if you sell players in demand.

• 5 x Poulsen - 71p (91p)

• @King-Fergus said in ME bids accepted:

Juan bernat @ 50p

Holy fuck ... that is insane!🤯

• I just got 97 of silvan widmer at 10p. I'm so happy.

• @johnboywalker
    Haha didn’t grab as many as I would have liked to but got loads open in bids
    His IS is actually 51p 🤷🏽‍♂️

• @King-Fergus said in ME bids accepted:

@johnboywalker
    Haha didn’t grab as many as I would have liked to but got loads open in bids
    His IS is actually 51p 🤷🏽‍♂️

I've got 900 shares in the lad and am confident. He is the preferred left back for a dominant side in a PB friendly league.

It blows my mind mate.

You can get 27 year old Bernat for 50p or you can pay £1.31 for the 28 year old Carvajal or £1.34 for the 26 year old Lucas Digne.

If that isn't a value bet, then I don't know what is.

• 100 Kownacki @35p (59p).

• @Martyn-B said in ME bids accepted:

100 Kownacki @35p (59p).

That must be Vesp selling up then ... 🤣😉

• @johnboywalker
    Yep agree, great hold for mid term. Early next season he should have an IS price of 80p-£1 minimum.
    With all this chat about overated fbs I’m sure our man is massively undervalued. 😁

• @johnboywalker How the hell has he become my largest hold!!

0_1591645346075_Screenshot_20200608-203928.png

Think I am going to need at least another 900 @35p at this rate. Skint again so waiting for divs or sales before going back in...