FOOTY -1688

• See the Footy down 1688 so a few desperate people took their money and run .
    Hopefully things will settle down now with hopefully fresh investors coming in to push the platform onwards and upwards.

• I called it. @Vespasian32

• That's weird, as I had a nice rise yesterday of about 0.5% (and the footie fell 0.8%). I have 176 players covering all trends, so usually my rises/falls tend to follow the FOOTIE.

• Banned

@kristiang85
    It is because people removed from sell queue

• @kristiang85 probably due to alot of shares being removed from the sell queue because some might feel waiting for a decent IS price will be a lot quicker than selling to market. If enough are delisted then they might even get a better IS than their original sell queue price

• @Westy said in FOOTY -1688:

I called it. @Vespasian32

I'm surprised the footie is showing it... I knew people would run for the hills... But as the shares are changing hands and the prices aren't moving much I thought it would be hidden secret

• @Vespasian32 said in FOOTY -1688:

@Westy said in FOOTY -1688:

I called it. @Vespasian32

I'm surprised the footie is showing it... I knew people would run for the hills... But as the shares are changing hands and the prices aren't moving much I thought it would be hidden secret

I think this definitely proves that the footie is purely based on volume of money in the index.
    When it's up, more money has been deposited than withdrawn, and vice versa when it's down

It still means fuck all to us traders though, it's just for the FI big wigs to slap each other on the back every time it rises

• @Vespasian32
    Do you think it could be down to market makers on the lower end players, ultimately acting as the old IS with the shares being removed from the market and we just don’t see it now - ie; no sells showing on the ticker? I found it odd that so many players up and down the index had bids on so quickly. Granted, could be people changing strategy and buying 50p players for say 20p and hoping someone offers 30p further down the line, but there seemed to be strong coverage in terms of bids very quickly.

• @wolves86 market makers need to make money they wouldn't dispose of the shares..

Itl be some withdrawals but also a lot of money tied up in bids...like reversal of footie being fake high cos it included tonnes of money stuck in sell queues... Its fake low now with money tied up in bids.

• @Vespasian32
    Likely the wrong thread for this bit another thought I’ve had. I thought you could bid a minimum 60% of a players curretn market value creating the bid zone. I’ve seen players where the average sell is less than this!

• @wolves86 absolutely, its got to be the market makers. If it is I recommend not trying to jump to the first place in the queue when placing bids as the market makers will be able to see what traders are willing to pay and will operate around the highest demand prices. If more bids are placed at lower prices the market makers will move in and around those values.

I used to see this on sportstack a lot but you could actually see the bids placed by others and the market makers, if you got in early enough the market makers would place their orders around yours

• @Vespasian32
    Would the money tied up in bids hold back the footie though? The shares bid for are currently held by another trader and so when matches will change hands with no impact on the market. Until then the bid is ‘fresh cash’ unless come from a matched trade of it’s own. That cash if used to market buy rather than bud buy would grow the footie but not sure it would hold it back. Confusing myself now...

• @wolves86 I was thinking people who have sold and put their cash balance into bids. Whereas we'd usually see reinvestment... Net investment was probably up yesterday with those depositing to bid outweighing those withdrawing... But due to weight of money in the bids we don't realise it yet? Think it makes sense... But you've made me doubt it. Either way the port values and footy, now more than ever, are totally meaningless.

• @Vespasian32 in the grand scheme of things and considering the current climate is 1688 a big fall? I cant remember where the value was at least week for example but I expected a bigger drop tbh. If I'm right, I'm also assuming the footie wouldn't take into account current outstanding bids as its removed from our P+L untill matched

• @Vespasian32
    I can see where you’re coming from. The way I’m looking at it if the money in bids has come from sales it wouldn’t impact the footy as the shares must’ve stayed in the market as sold to another trader. I agree that net positive investment may not yet be realised if tied up in bids, but I think that would likely just hold back footie growth not cause a dip so to speak. Impossible to tell without knowing the exact calculation behind the footie.

• @wolves86 true. Good points well made mate.

• @Vespasian32
    Thanks mate 👍

• Seen on twitter they are suggesting the footie is wrong?

Maybe this drop shows the real footie calculated by last sales? But they wanted it to show the fake footie of but straight from FI?

• Why is this now showing +282 doesn't it update daily at midnight Only?

• @216LAC said in FOOTY -1688:

Why is this now showing +282 doesn't it update daily at midnight Only?

See above, they must of "corrected it" 🤔 nothing to worry about at all...