Bug (iPhone)

• 0_1590233032347_Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 12.23.22.png

I spotted that Lee Jae-Sung had an instant sell of 21p, which...for a 23p player is great to see after months of huge spreads.

Given that I have 1200 (bought at 10p), I figured why not unload half. After tapping confirmed sell... I set up the next 300 to sell and confirmed.... only to realise none of the sales were actually going through.

So, I logged in to the Mac... turns out only 20 futures were available to instant sell.

• @Dan-The-Man I know the IS is supposed to be the average offer across the best 300 offers but I suppose if a player is subject to 299 bids only, or 150 or 20 as seems to be the case here, it may be that an IS is still offered. Haven't poured over the T's & C's tbh but can imagine your frustration

• @MickTurbo

Yeah, to be honest, this whole thing has been somewhat frustrating. This bug is a snow drop on an iceberg of my frustration with FI.

My strategy for a long time has been backing players like Lee Jae-Sung, etc. It's been a highly profitable strategy, for example, I've doubled up on Lee, tripled up on our man Tim, 7x on Henderson, etc, but FI have changed the game on us a couple of times in the last 3 months and some of those profits were instantly negated.

I've no objection to them changing the game as such and praised them over the spreads when they were used to stabilise the market but.... for them to implement this bidding process during the pandemic whilst the spreads are so vast... it's outright dirty. They effectively trapped us into our bets then changed the game.

After a year of telling folk it's not a con.... when you describe the situation as "Once they had my money, they changed the day to day workings which made it harder for me get out and harder for me to take my profit". it certainly feels like a con and I'm glad that many of my friends aired on the side of caution, rather than plummeting vast sums of cash in.

• @Dan-The-Man yeh I do feel your frustration but I see things a little differently. Whilst now there is no guarantee of an IS on those 2, or anyone else (at least no guarantee of a remotely acceptable IS) it does seem to me that these players as well as virtually any other player will have a good exit point at 1 time or another.

I think the thing to consider is that no IS right now means no, or very little demand right now and as such the IS provided by FI that weve been used to relying on would reflect the very limited liquidity, and as such, would likely be less than the 21p you've gladly snapped up today. I mean I'd probably guess at maybe 17p max, which I dare say you would have been rather less eager to snap up, so you would very probably still be sat on your 1200 for the time being anyway.

I think this particular frustration is something that will be negated somewhat when we have sell orders

• @MickTurbo said in Bug (iPhone):

Yeah, I think time will tell on which players are impacted long term.

My complaint isn't the change... it's the timing of the change and the rollout.

Had they waited until the game returned, fixed the spreads, then given a clear month's heads up of exactly what the changes would be... I would be perfectly fine with that. People could have adjusted their portfolio.

The way they did this was just dirty.

Kill the spreads trapping people.... then change the game... They've left themselves open to legal complaints and turned an advocate like me, into someone who wouldn't recommend the platform anymore. Can't see how that's good for any of us.

It's a real shame. I've often complimented FI on their general management of the platform, but if they keep doing things like this, they'll never shake off their "It's a con" detractors.

• @Dan-The-Man Have to agree with most of your point . However I think once sell orders come in some of the problem particularly at the bottom of the market will be alleviated. Also value of port now is way way under what they state as port value. You would do very well to get within 15% of the state’s value now if you wanted to sell . Again I think around half of this will be solved with sell orders. But looking ahead I think the days of making money on here with Capp app is long gone. Particularly at the mid to bottom end of the market.
    So the dividend increase needs to be sizable to keep decent investors interested .
    I hope they get it right .

• @Spot-the-value. said in Bug (iPhone):

However I think once sell orders come in some of the problem particularly at the bottom of the market will be alleviated.

I don't see it.

Prior to the change, I could instant sell out of the player at any time. Sure, I'd lose around 4-5p by the time commission was factored in, but that was an acceptable amount of risk.

Now, I'm sat with 1200 Lee Jae-sung, and even though his price has more than doubled.... I'm tasked with off loading him. If nobody buys him, it doesn't matter that his price has doubled, because there's no way of cashing in.

• @Dan-The-Man I suppose that’s the pitfalls of buying players with no real dividend potential when if they aren’t going to win dividends they’re worthless.

• @Timothee-Atouba said in Bug (iPhone):

@Dan-The-Man I suppose that’s the pitfalls of buying players with no real dividend potential when if they aren’t going to win dividends they’re worthless.

Any player could be rendered worthless, if FI changes the game...

You say it, like when I bought my players I should have expected a pandemic to end world football and that during the pandemic, FI would change the game to screw customers over.

Under the system where I bought the player... he more than doubled up, largely because he was a record signing who's one of the best players in his league and his contract is up next summer, so there's chance of a transfer this year... so we'll see what his div potential is over time.

• @Dan-The-Man The only “game” is to acquire players with value(dividend potential). If he goes on to have dividend winning potential your trade is vindicated.

• @Dan-The-Man I take your point although I think with the sell order facility the gap will somewhat close as you could for example meet a buyer halfway . It’s not ideal but will be better than what we have at present . I think we really need to think about risky trades especially at the bottom of the market even more so than ever . Things will settle and the bottom end will find its level but in the meantime many have been left with a big loss on lower end players . We will need to take into account that these low value bottom end players although can be very rewarding carry a huge risk more so than ever .

• Do you guys get another iPhone bug where the app suddenly doesn’t want to let you in and you have to delete it and reinstall? It’s happened to me about 5 times in the last week now.

• @TeamGB Nope

• @Timothee-Atouba said in Bug (iPhone):

@Dan-The-Man The only “game” is to acquire players with value(dividend potential). If he goes on to have dividend winning potential your trade is vindicated.

Sure.... unless FI wake up tomorrow and decide to scrap MB/PB, then your perception of Value is suddenly out the window.

• @Dan-The-Man Everybody’s cash is out of the window if that happens.