He 'Neves' meant that?!

• Has anyone seen Neves' goal this evening?! Probably goal of the season for me!!

And he's gone up nearly 10% on the back of it!!

You can't get this kind of rush anywhere except for the Footy Index!!

• Incredible goal, bit silly of people to let it influence their trading though in my opinion

• I was there last night and the whole ground stood in shock when it went in

Honestly, I think we'll be lucky to get another year of him, if he carries on the way he is there will be a lot of big teams after him, he wouldn't look out of place in a top 6 premier league team he is that good

• The best ever goal at Molineaux perhaps??? I thought Jack Grealish's strike against Cardiff was a one in a hundred attempt but Neves last night was one in a million... Pure belter!!!

Certainly upped his value and made people outside the four walls of the EPL take notice... Be interesting 'if' he can break into the Portugal starting XI this summer to see what effect he can have? Surely Wolves won't settle for less than £30m??

• I highly doubt Wolves will sell at all...

Great player think he'll be staying at wolves for a season then depending on how they do next year move on... Only just 21 remember

• I was there also...without doubt the best goal I've ever seen down the Molineux. It just so happens I invested heavily in Ruben and I've invested a bit more after last. I'd expect him to drop at some point but I'd imagine him being a big hit in the Premier and its going to be a matter of time before the big guns come calling. I'd expect to see him rise next year to £3 a share at least.

• I also invested in him when he IPO'd, I got on at around 90p, and then sold up when he stalled at around £1.20, now back on at £1.30 and holding for the foreseeable future now, I don't see any reason why he won't continue to rise

I also bought into Jota last night as well, following us having one foot in the premier now

My only concern with Neves now is that next season we will, and should build the team around him, and then if he leaves we have to start again, I think we will probably have him for next season and then a top team will come in for him and it would be wrong of us to stand in his way

Honestly, and I know this is biased, but he looks perfect for a team like Man City, I could see him flourishing even further under a manager like Pep

• Also, I know he won't win media buzz, but I find it hard to believe there is not one single article about him after scoring that goal last night, it does make you wonder how many other articles are getting missed

• @Wolves_Ay_We said in He 'Neves' meant that?!:

Also, I know he won't win media buzz, but I find it hard to believe there is not one single article about him after scoring that goal last night, it does make you wonder how many other articles are getting missed

I agree goal of the season for me not far behind Dele Ali’s v Palace other year

DMid at £2-18 makes him the index most expensive defensive mid

Rigged media!!!! Sort it out FI!!!! Should be buzz winner with that goal!!!! Can’t pander to the big twitter traders for ever .... someone at FI Towers need to grow a pair 😱

• @Chicken-Badge Where's the article that they've missed? It's not FI that is pandering to the big boys, it's the English press

Also, I know he won't win media buzz, but I find it hard to believe there is not one single article about him after scoring that goal last night, it does make you wonder how many other articles are getting missed

There's a few articles but as they don't have his full name correctly on FI they aren't getting picked up, Talk Sport have an article on him for one.

• @Josh said in He 'Neves' meant that?!:

@Wolves_Ay_We said in He 'Neves' meant that?!:

There's a few articles but as they don't have his full name correctly on FI they aren't getting picked up, Talk Sport have an article on him for one.

This is where it becomes unfair how on earth can people Blaime English media for a system that lets some players use one name Rubin Neves at a unfair disadvantage if it’s naymar it’s neves only or full name for both hence rigged!!! I don’t care if Neymar has 10 names it’s surnames and nicknames or full names... it’s called being FAIR!!!!

Same with the key word point scoring scandal

• Funnily enough his MB score has just shot up to 140 - big brother is always watching

• Articles are added automatically if they include the full name and are on the RSS feed of the media outlet in question. Those are the rules. I think it makes sense to have some exceptions for the likes of Mo Salah, and I think they should sort out the Jean-Michael Seri issue (I don't own him, just think it would make sense). What is the conspiracy here supposed to be? Football Index trying to fix it so that the player with the most shares held (Neymar) wins MB and they get to pay out more dividends because they love handing out money so much? To be honest CB all these rants against the MB system and even the existence of MB just make it sound like you're bitter that you're not getting more benefit from it, but surely that's your choice from clearly choosing to focus on PB.

Funnily enough his MB score has just shot up to 140 - big brother is always watching

still haven't picked up the Talk Sport one though lol

Do you boys not think he is overpriced? I mean I know he's good but he isn't going to win PB in the PL with Wolves and as you can see (after last nights goal) he isn't going to win MB either (yet)

• @BL__FI said in He 'Neves' meant that?!:

Articles are added automatically if they include the full name and are on the RSS feed of the media outlet in question. Those are the rules. I think it makes sense to have some exceptions for the likes of Mo Salah, and I think they should sort out the Jean-Michael Seri issue (I don't own him, just think it would make sense). What is the conspiracy here supposed to be? Football Index trying to fix it so that the player with the most shares held (Neymar) wins MB and they get to pay out more dividends because they love handing out money so much? To be honest CB all these rants against the MB system and even the existence of MB just make it sound like you're bitter that you're not getting more benefit from it, but surely that's your choice from clearly choosing to focus on PB.

Does the MB name situation have to be exactly the same as FI to get points? eg: If an article in the paper just said Salah or Mo Salah, does that get picked up or does it have to be Mohamed Salah exactly the same as FI?

• Depends on how you look at it, there's inevitably going to be transfer links, Man United were rumoured to be interested in him a month or so ago, and there's a really good chance he'll also go to the world cup so I think his price will continue to rise between now and then

Personally, I think the very earliest he will be leaving us will be in January, possibly even next summer, and so I'll have probably sold up a lot of my holding before the beginning of the season, but if he manages to perform in the prem, I'll be straight back on for the inevitable rumours, at which point I can unfortunately moving on to bigger and better things

• @Josh In most cases it has to be exactly the same. But so many people complained about "Mo Salah" not getting picked up that they programmed in an exception. Apparently that, essentially good customer service, has now become another example of FI "fixing the market" to satisfy some kind of Twitter illuminati. I am not on board with this theory.

• This conspiracy is absolute nonsense. By suppressing Neves' MB score, FI don't save themselves money. They still have to pay out 5p a day. I f anything it's in their best interest to have as many potential MB winners as possible. How would this conspiracy help FI?!

• I personally don't think there's any sort of conspiracy going on, I just think the method in collecting articles is flawed, but I'm sure that's something that FI are looking to iron out going forwards

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.