Is the market price now pointless?

• We always used to measure our success on the market price but now surely it will be very rare to be able to sell it this unless a player is on a huge surge?

Do we now all have to recognise our portfolios are worth considerably less than they were?

• @Archer22 In a way yes. But IS was there before and people gauged a price or potential profit off the buy price. Selling when your player is in demand has just become very important if you do want to maximise profits.

• It’s crazy isn’t it that our value of port has just been cut overnight by the changes and I guess that’s what we have to Accept as our new bet. When working out my actual value I used to deduct about 5% off the total port (2% commission and 3% to allow if any didn’t market sell). Looking at things now, I think it’s more deduct 10%...?

• My concern is that there will now be very few players selling on the market prize and they will be directly on the back on trending.
    99% of players in the index will now sell and buy through deals. Previously those players would have sold to market even if it took a month.

• Yes, the market sell price is now misleading as it's unlikely you can sell at that price unless player is high in demand like Havertz yesterday. We're all going to need to be a lot smarter traders and be a bit more realistic about how much money we are actually making...

At least it might stop some of the bragging on twitter along the lines of 'I've made thousands of profit on FI, it's just paid for this shiny new car'. Oh wow, so you've withdrawn the profit from the index then? ... 'Nah, don' t be silly'... Er, your profit isn't real then and you certainly haven't used it to buy your car...

• Yep, exactly that. Everyone's portfolio real value has dropped by about 10% overnight in real terms depending on how patient your gonna be when it comes to selling a player.
    The matching engine has brought us a liquid market - if your willing to compromise on your player's profit.
    FI pulled off a masterstroke as they knew releasing the ME would coincide with a mass de-listing of players which would temporarily soften the blow as traders saw their portfolios rise initially...
    Now the penny is dropping (along with my portfolio value)

• The value of our ports hasn’t changed - it has always been the case that in demand players will be easy to sell to market, and players who aren’t in demand will sit in a queue, until they are. Now however, there’s an additional way to sell, back to another trader, if you really need the money - however this is your choice to sell and accept a loss, much like the old IS.

The only way your port has dropped is if you have no patience, you aren’t prepared to wait in a queue, and you accept a lower bid - which is the same as before covid when you Instant sold, and people still measured they’re ports value on buy price not IS and didn’t factor commission.

• The way I see it, is there is little chance of players prices dropping now. For instance, as things stand, Havertz will probably drop no more than 10p from here. The same goes for the top 20 as there are always traders propping them up with bids. This makes the top end very low risk in my opinion.

Anything below that though is high risk as you are more than likely relying on the next idiot to hopefully buy your trade off you which as time goes by will be less and less likely.

FI have shafted all of us in some way here. The timing and way it was done by removing instant sell for 3 months is criminal.

Hey ho, I needed an exit point after 3 years and this is given me the kick up the backside I need to move on. Unless they change something to entice me back of course

• @BeanDrown That's all very well in theory but I suspect the vast majority of sales are now gonna be sold using the matching engine...and as a result the wait to sell to market will be almost unusable unless the player has an exceptional game or wins pb etc

• I haven’t used ME yet, do I set the price as a seller?

• @Wiillaah why though? I successfully sold both Haland and Havertz to the market yesterday - if your players in demand it should be easy to market sell. If you player isn’t in demand - why are you tying to sell them? If it was such a bad investment that not a single trader will take it off your hands, at a discount, then why should FI buy your share back?

Don’t get this “FI have shafted us” mentality - if you can’t shift a player don’t blame it on FI, it was clearly a bad punt. They have no obligation to clean up your mistakes.

• @Wiillaah I disagree I have decent ME bids in for players I want, and no takers once commission is added I’ll probably bite the bullet and buy from the market as I want those players.

Sub top end players will also be bought from the market when they become in demand; this is why I’m buying them now as that’s when I’ll sell.

• @Archer22 no the buyers sets them and the IS is calculated from the top 300 bids

• @BeanDrown So as long as your trading in the most liquid of players, the Neymars, the Pogbas, Haalands etc the market sell option is still an option. There are plenty of traders who were making good profits at the lower levels previously...realistically is this still an option?

• @BeanDrown - the game was always built on potential. Now to market sell you have to rely on a good performance or the hype all over twitter. Lucky for you, Havertz and Haaland have been pumped to fuck.

Even a good performance is appearing not to help in some cases and that is after 2 days of the ME being live. Look at Boyata from Friday night. Won PB I believe (correct me if I’m wrong) and also scored. He’s risen 1p and has an instant sell value of 26p. No one bought because they know they would be stuck with him at a loss.

• I agree that the market price is now a gauge. However I have still sold some players I didn't delist through the sale queue and if you look at the ticker people still seem to be paying top dollar. The narrower the spreads the more buyers will think, 'I want it now, before the price increases'

We'll have to wait to see what the overall affect is

• The point of this thread though was that our ports have dropped overnight - just wanted to point out this is only true is you need the money out so badly you can’t sit in the queue and have to resort to IS, which is the same as it was before covid.

It makes sense to me that higher value, more liquid players, are much less risk because you’ll always find a buyer.

Someone like boyata, despite winning Pb, is surely a risk as he’s fairly unlikely to win it again - so why should FI cover part of that risk?

The beauty of lower value players is that you can get more shares your money, and make a bigger profit if your punt comes off - it’s a bigger risk, because it’ll be harder to find a buyer - but again why should FI cover that risk?

• So basically we are going to end up with a market where 98% of players are worthless and the risks of buying them has massively increased due to no reasonable sell back to FI

• @Archer22 correct. I counted up around £18k of shares in my post that will be hard to sell at close to their market value unless they have a freakishly good game. Just need to be patient and time the exit

• @BeanDrown said in Is the market price now pointless?:

@Wiillaah why though? I successfully sold both Haland and Havertz to the market yesterday - if your players in demand it should be easy to market sell. If you player isn’t in demand - why are you tying to sell them? If it was such a bad investment that not a single trader will take it off your hands, at a discount, then why should FI buy your share back?

Don’t get this “FI have shafted us” mentality - if you can’t shift a player don’t blame it on FI, it was clearly a bad punt. They have no obligation to clean up your mistakes.

Exactly. Get used to selling to demand.
    No trader or business can just offload rubbish nobody wants at a good price.