buying players criteria

• hi,

i have only been on here for a few months this is my first post on the forum and i am wondering what factors you look at when buying shares in players

I have roughly been thinking along these lines but any other ideas would be welcomed

my criteria so far has been

do they play regularly for club/country [ euro 2021 qualified teams]
    do they play in champs lge/europa lge
    possible transfer / contract expiry imminent to 1 year away
    goal / assist / clean sheet potential
    manager philosophy [ postive/negative e.t.c]
    does he play in top 5 leagues to get matchday dividends for league weeks

• The thing you are missing is their suitably to the performance matrix.

• @NewUser575335 said in buying players criteria:

hi,

i have only been on here for a few months this is my first post on the forum and i am wondering what factors you look at when buying shares in players

I have roughly been thinking along these lines but any other ideas would be welcomed

my criteria so far has been

do they play regularly for club/country [ euro 2021 qualified teams]
    do they play in champs lge/europa lge
    possible transfer / contract expiry imminent to 1 year away
    goal / assist / clean sheet potential
    manager philosophy [ postive/negative e.t.c]

You seem like you already have a pretty decent understanding of the market mate and how to play the game.

Manager philosophy is so understated on this platform.

For example, if Klopp were to take over at Bayern Munich, I'd invest heavily in the full backs.

If Diego Simeone got the job at PSG, I would be concerned that the entire team would score less goals and be far less attacking. On the flip side of this, they would potentially go further in the Champions League due to better discipline and tactics.

Sarri loves his centre mids to recycles possession and utilize the wide men. Pep rotates with such frequency that many of his players become frustrating PB holds. If Xavi were to take over at Barca, the Cryuff philosophy would return and possession stats would likely be 65%+ every game, and therefore PB friendly.

• This post is deleted!

• @CBN

NewUser575335 less than a minute ago

yer thats probably because i come from a fantasy football background where normally those factors don't contribute to getting what you want.

what percentage of players would you say do well on the matchday dividends without getting a goal/assist/ clean sheet

thanks for the feedback

• @johnboywalker

thanks . yer was thinking about philosophy in that sense and also like teams like burnley / athletico madrid / sheff utd who are resolute in defending terms so may invest in gk/def from their teams and maybe get attackers from offensive team like man city / psg / barca

• Discussing this in another thread. The general factors you need to take into consideration:

1/ Age:Youngsters have the greatest cap app
    2/Position: attacking players generally do best
    3/Club: need be Ideally be at a top 4 club in one 5 European PB qualifying Leagues.
    4/ MB potential: will they be a media darling?
    5/PB potential: do they suit the PB matrix?

• @Valhalla

yer have seen average prices for

gk's - 50p
    def - 1.50 - 2.00
    mid - 2.00 - 4.00
    for - 4.00 - 6.00

so i thought attackers would be better investments.

i have currently starting investing in players who injury barring should be playing in euro 2021

do you happen to know how much money is to be made out of the euros with dividends and sales as i haven't been on here whilst they have been on

thanks

• Check their agent, if your player has the likes of Mendes or Raiola then you’ll get spike in transfer rumours because there will be loads.
    Also on transfers are the clubs in need of money?, if yes then their best players will be touted out and linked to everyone.

• Big money transfers. The flip side. If they go ahead which players benefit from the selling club and which player may lose out in the buying club and maybe want out?

• @Tom77

good call. been using transfermarket to check stats and data and they have that on there.

is that my zaniolo is shooting up because roma are in dire need of money

• @Martyn-B

yer i agree with that didnt think of that one could also apply to long term injuries and a player getting a chance to start.

my current thought process is that with all the loses of money from covid 19 there will be a lot more 20-40m pound transfers and free's