F*cked by the shiny new toy 😯

• ARGHHH! Can football index turn off IS again please? ? 😒

So many bad mistakes made today, all because I wanted some interest in today's games. Honestly the worst trading I've done since I joined the index today. Reckless.

I already owned Klostermann but wanted a chance to win PB and he hadn't any chance had he? Pffft!😐

So...I deposited 10% of my port value and started with Schalke..GAMBLED on team lineups and bought some Raman (at market price) a few minutes before teams were announced. He was only a sub.
    But i didn't IS him, no. I was sensible. I just bought some Matondo (at peak market price) instead. Still had cash balance left so when Augsberg got that first free kick I bought Phillip Max (at peak market price) in play. Of course the other fella took it and scored didn't he?

0_1590347694918_IMG-20200522-WA0013-1.jpg

Then I was in a buying frenzy and noticed how much of the ball Sane was getting so lumped on him (peak market price) thinking he might sneak def PB even on the losing side. 42p with an IS of only 21p didn't even register and I was locked in to another poor trade at 1-0 down.

I knew at this point that I was out of control. Even though Sane was top of def PB after the game, I noticed he is 29 and saw a bid for 37p so I bailed, consolidating a small loss. I then ISd that Raman fella in anger, for much larger losses.
    Matondo dropped into the red too.
    The "3 year bet" didn't enter into any of this suicidal trading.

And it didn't stop there! Played "teamsheet lottery" again and bought Angelino for Liepzig (market price) and of course he was on the f**kin bench too!
    Another IS, this time half of the hold (Angelino is a decent long term bet), before kick off and the remaining cash went into Timo Werner (market price) Not many shares though.

It's scant consolation to win plenty of divs and ipds from Werner (and Klostermann!) when ive just burnt about 2% of my port value in the most petulant, naive, foolish way. If this was poker then I was on full tilt today for sure.

Ashamed

• @ScouseSte
    Nothing to be ashamed of pal. We're all guilty of over-trading and chasing that thrill. I have had to fight the urge on several occasions and I've learnt some hard lessons.

Had to step away from my laptop yesterday when I found myself bidding on a dozen 40p - 50p players just because I might get them for 20-30p.

• @ScouseSte haha time for a time out πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I'm kidding mate, dont do that. Shit days trading that mate, have ya been on the pop? No one is beyond this kind of thing tho mate, dust yaself off

• @Vaughany

The new system is great but I've only bid on one player since it was brought in. Very disciplined usually but today was utter madness mate 😲

• @MickTurbo said in F*cked by the shiny new toy 😯:

@ScouseSte haha time for a time out πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I'm kidding mate, dont do that. Shit days trading that mate, have ya been on the pop? No one is beyond this kind of thing tho mate, dust yaself off

Haha mate I literally just wanted someone to cheer on in the first two games. Deposited a small amount but obviously when the prick was named on the bench i put the rest in. Absolute train wreck of a day haha!
    No alcohol involved at all either mate, just a rush of blood to the head and an expensive lesson learned 😐

• @ScouseSte

Haha thanks for sharing ... i'm sure you haven't been the only punter guilty of this recently. The platform absolutely feels like a new toy. For the first time, I have used my laptop to trade on the platform and i've been on for about 30 hours of the last 48!!

On seeing Perisic back in the starting line up for Bayern yesterday, I almost found myself pressing the buy button. In a moment of clarity, I remembered that this is not Bet365. I should be selling Perisic at this time, not buying!

It's always worth remembering that this platform is gambling, pure and simple. I know it often doesn't feel like it, but what you did today is no different to sticking a Β£10er on an in play punt for Harry Kane to score the next goal, with his right foot, between 60-70 minutes. It almost certainly won't happen, and you will be Β£10 worse off.

At least you can see the error of your ways. Learn from it and next time you feel the urge mate, just picture Rabi Matondo dancing provocatively on your lap, wearing nothing but a bikini and your hard earned cash stuffed down his little panties.

That should do it.

• @johnboywalker said in F*cked by the shiny new toy 😯:

@ScouseSte

Haha thanks for sharing ... i'm sure you haven't been the only punter guilty of this recently. The platform absolutely feels like a new toy. For the first time, I have used my laptop to trade on the platform and i've been on for about 30 hours of the last 48!!

On seeing Perisic back in the starting line up for Bayern yesterday, I almost found myself pressing the buy button. In a moment of clarity, I remembered that this is not Bet365. I should be selling Perisic at this time, not buying!

It's always worth remembering that this platform is gambling, pure and simple. I know it often doesn't feel like it, but what you did today is no different to sticking a Β£10er on an in play punt for Harry Kane to score the next goal, with his right foot, between 60-70 minutes. It almost certainly won't happen, and you will be Β£10 worse off.

At least you can see the error of your ways. Learn from it and next time you feel the urge mate, just picture Rabi Matondo dancing provocatively on your lap, wearing nothing but a bikini and your hard earned cash stuffed down his little panties.

That should do it.

Anyone wanna sell me some Rabbi

• @ScouseSte Not wanting to rub it in but a genuine question - where did you see or how did you see the bid of 37p. Interested in where to find this info for the future

• @Gary-T said in F*cked by the shiny new toy 😯:

@ScouseSte Not wanting to rub it in but a genuine question - where did you see or how did you see the bid of 37p. Interested in where to find this info for the future

His instant sell price mate - it's now 23p so I got off lightly really πŸ‘

• @johnboywalker

Same. Glued to it yesterday for most of the afternoon. Absolutely love it more than ever with the matching engine!

But yeah, today should have been a day off the index but the addiction kicked in

Lesson learned!

• @ScouseSte they are playing again tues and Wednesday night......so hold tight πŸ‘

• @Doug-s said in F*cked by the shiny new toy 😯:

@ScouseSte they are playing again tues and Wednesday night......so hold tight πŸ‘

Still got half the Matondo and Angelino shares, all the Phillip Max and Werner ones.

OH I ALSO FORGOT - i decided i would buy the center forward for Augsberg as well just before kick off, again just from looking at the teamsheet.
    Only a few though so just 100 Tim Kleindeist were bought. BUT HE PLAYS FOR A BUNDESLIGA 2 TEAM!! 😲😲 I went to buy Niederlechter and somehow Kleindeist popped in my head 😲😒😒😒

Worst. Trader. Ever πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• @ScouseSte dont try having sex tonight, the dog may give you some strange looks in the morning 🀣🀣

• Was at the same shite myself lost about 700 with reckless buying and selling, but I’m hoping harvests and Werner can recoup the losses, bought 600 Werner at 6.27 and 600 havertz at 6.45, I’ll pray they can bang in a few more goals this week

• @ScouseSte Kleindienst will be ok as he is on the verge of promotion with his BL2 side especially as Stuttgart and Hamburg need to play each other this week. Good long term. A bit naughty of FI though they have him down as Freiburg and I think he left them in November

• @ScouseSte said in F*cked by the shiny new toy 😯:

@Doug-s said in F*cked by the shiny new toy 😯:

@ScouseSte they are playing again tues and Wednesday night......so hold tight πŸ‘

Still got half the Matondo and Angelino shares, all the Phillip Max and Werner ones.

OH I ALSO FORGOT - i decided i would buy the center forward for Augsberg as well just before kick off, again just from looking at the teamsheet.
    Only a few though so just 100 Tim Kleindeist were bought. BUT HE PLAYS FOR A BUNDESLIGA 2 TEAM!! 😲😲 I went to buy Niederlechter and somehow Kleindeist popped in my head 😲😒😒😒

Worst. Trader. Ever πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Speaking of fucking ridiculous decisions … did you see the Wolfburg red card for Klaus yesterday …. even after a VAR check they stuck with it. Absurd, one of the worst I've seen.

• @johnboywalker no I missed that but heard it was a shocker like

• @ScouseSte great account of β€œmeltdown” trading. All been there πŸ˜‚ When Werner got his hattrick...I was madly fumbling with the phone, desperately trying to deposit more money . Of course they pick that moment to send all their bloody security codes πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ

• @ScouseSte Christ mate, it was only a Bronze day!! Hate to see you on a Gold day!! 😁 Funny account of today, sure most of us have done similar at some point, lessons learnt and all that bollocks.

My closest to this is checking my portfolio in bed after a night shift, nodding off and phone hitting me on the nose and then having a panic over who have I just bought 😑 And the nightmares of being drunk and then checking transaction history the next morning, just in case!!

• Guys there is one really positive to what you did today, it shows how much increased trading in players there will be which increases FI bank balance which in turn should lead to higher dividends.

However it is also a reminder that patience is the key and to play the long game.