Honest opinions on A.Silva + Mateta

• Thinking about diversifying into premiums (Odegaard is my main prospect), as I have £200 tied up in Silva and Mateta, 2 average holds to be fair. I feel like hitting the IS button would be silly as it would lose me £16, but I really want to jump onto Odegaard before La Liga starts.

• @NewUser573360

Let me ask the question about Odegaard, why now??

Over the past 7 days, he has risen 45p (12.50%). Surely there would have been a better time to get involved than now.

I'm not saying that he won't continue to rise … just that you are seven days behind those that caught the recent price increase.

He's a cracking player by the way, I just always try to resist buying players following significant spikes in price.

(EDIT - Well that went well!?! Odegaard up about 30p in the last hour)

• Tbh pal I think Mateta is a decent hold I would continue to hold personally. As for Silva there’s a decent player in there just seems to lack confidence and not sure he’s a great hold on FI. Odegaard is an unbelievable talent and one I’ve been looking to add to the port too, however I am wary at his current price, what happens at the end of the season? Will he be a starter for Madrid?

• @johnboywalker yeah defo missed a boat there. however he seems the only stand out U23 option for me right now. Maddison is good, but price has fallen since the links to Utd have broken. No guarantee the Prem is 100% back either, although it's likely. Pellegrini is a great player but is dwarfed by other options when it comes to PB. Orsolini is a decent one thinking about it. I don't want anymore Bundesliga holds. Any other suggestions?

• @NewUser573360
    Not that I hold any of these but they might interest you as they are U23 midfielders with decent PB: Kulusevski, Renato Sanches, Rashica, Mcneill. One I do hold, Ceballos.

• @NewUser573360 said in Honest opinions on A.Silva + Mateta:

@johnboywalker yeah defo missed a boat there. however he seems the only stand out U23 option for me right now. Maddison is good, but price has fallen since the links to Utd have broken. No guarantee the Prem is 100% back either, although it's likely. Pellegrini is a great player but is dwarfed by other options when it comes to PB. Orsolini is a decent one thinking about it. I don't want anymore Bundesliga holds. Any other suggestions?

I try not to pump any specific players on here mate, unless I genuinely see something that other traders might have missed (like a positional change, or confirmed transfer etc).

The players you have mentioned are all solid holds, with excellent potential. I have no doubt they will all go on to have fantastic careers. I don't hold any of them, but my advice would be to focus more on your purchase timing, in order to maximise the profit potential of any trade.

The time to buy Pellegrini (£2.69) was a few months back when he was £2.21.

Orsolini (£2.00) was £1.70 two months ago. Maddison (£4.28) was £4.14 only seven days ago.

• I've just grabbed 50 Odegaard's at £4.11 and he's already £4.19. I agree with price points and stuff, but I still think he is criminally underpriced

• Sitting watching Odegaard go up about 1p every minute for the past 10 minutes!!

Don't ask me to explain it … now at £4.33.

• I hold about the same in Silva..& have been contemplating the same,he will get goals...but not certain he we will get much CA,maybe next season after reset.. Euro squad.. but still 50/50

• @NewUser573360

Good on you mate, saved me writing out a long speel about why you should buy him despite the rise yesterday (and today). If you going into holding premiums then make sure you put your long term hat on, whilst an "unknown" pb player might double in price off the back of a PB win or two, it doesn't really work like that with premium holds, you can double/treble your money but you need to allow the time for it to happen, that's the most important thing. Be strong and don't waiver in your belief (unless it goes proper wrong eg CHO as a recent example) and you will make money on odegaard not problem. I hold and my exit is when he gets to madrid either next season or the one after that, possibly after a successful euros ( not guarantied but i don't think it will matter) and i hope by then he should be valued at £6 - £10 with a few PB wins along the way.
    Also don't freek out if he stays at sociadad another year its not a problem and will only help to raise his price rather then hinder it in the long term.

• I hold both. Silva has been a disaster in terms of CA but I have made quite a bit on Mateta. He sounds like he has a big future from what I have read. I’m waiting for the day I am in profit on Silva so I can sell asap.

• I think you answered your own question they are two average holds