No bids currently in on Ighalo...highest market price placer with no ‘IS’ option?

• Great thread, no interest in being involved in this trade but great to see the reasoning and logic both for and against it. 👍

• I bottled it and sold my 100 Ighalo yesterday for £1.11.

It wouldn't surprise me if holders end up selling for £1.40+ via the matching engine at some point over the next month.

But for me, making a 12% profit (after commission) in just 24 hours was a good return.

• @ocs123 said in No bids currently in on Ighalo...highest market price placer with no ‘IS’ option?:

I bottled it and sold my 100 Ighalo yesterday for £1.11.

It wouldn't surprise me if holders end up selling for £1.40+ via the matching engine at some point over the next month.

But for me, making a 12% profit (after commission) in just 24 hours was a good return.

Another survivor back from the front line with a gerry's dog tags as a souvenir!
    Welcome back soldier, you've done your forum proud 👍

• I got paid out for 1301 futures in Ighalo last night though my portfolio shows 1300. Unable to sleep I put a buy order in for 99 @ £1.05 at 3am this morning. Surprising I got 88 of them so far.

• @LittleFish
    Haha spot on re pogba
    He’s selling pretty easily for 7.50, and I was blasted for backing him when he was £6. That’s after 35% returned in dividends.
    Do your own research but follow others when it makes sense!

• @ScouseSte said

Another survivor back from the front line with a gerry's dog tags as a souvenir!

🤣🤣🤣🤣 tempted to sell just to get myself one of these

• @Shippers said in No bids currently in on Ighalo...highest market price placer with no ‘IS’ option?:

@ScouseSte said

🤣🤣🤣🤣 tempted to sell just to get myself one of these

Still pinned down in no-man's land mate?
    Don't worry, looks like plenty of opportunities to make it back to Blighty in one piece now old chap

Possible surrender of the enemy at any moment 🤝

• @ScouseSte I popped my head up, crawled out over the top, and.............. went for it. Sold at £1.20. Saw it go to £1.23 but thought I'll take what I can and revaluate. Felt I could of got more but why take the risk, its profit end of the day. Reasons to love the ME product as I would of never had got involved in this before at £1.60.

• @Shippers said in No bids currently in on Ighalo...highest market price placer with no ‘IS’ option?:

@ScouseSte I popped my head up, crawled out over the top, and.............. went for it. Sold at £1.20. Saw it go to £1.23 but thought I'll take what I can and revaluate. Felt I could of got more but why take the risk, its profit end of the day. Reasons to love the ME product as I would of never had got involved in this before at £1.60.

Welcome home brave boy! I see you brought back a necklace made from chopped off hun's fingers too! Better than empty-handed private!
    Off the the NAAFI for a few scoops to celebrate, you've earned it!

• Brilliant. The trade may well now end up in a positive outcome and people are already lauding this as some kind of brilliance. Except it isnt. If the reasoning was "im going balls deep because im sure he will stay at man utd" then i think that would be a bizarre choice because the risk of having 5k tied up in ighalo shares would outweigh the reward for me but at least that reasoning would make sense (and may well now come true). Instead the reasoning was some shite about how many shares are in the sell queue even though that has next to nothing to do with controlling price anymore and the failure to understand that is astonishing and could have led to having 5k worth of unsellable shares. This is like betting on liverpool to win at 1/10 and thinking its a great bet when you win.

Ps this doesnt apply to people flipping quickly on positive speculation as their risk wasnt the same

• @ScouseSte 🤣🤣🤣 cheers mate, chuffed with the outcome!

@ScouseSte 🤣🤣🤣 cheers mate, chuffed with the outcome!

The shit or bust gamble paid off mate, you should be! 👍

• @EThomas9 said in No bids currently in on Ighalo...highest market price placer with no ‘IS’ option?:

Brilliant. The trade may well now end up in a positive outcome and people are already lauding this as some kind of brilliance. Except it isnt. If the reasoning was "im going balls deep because im sure he will stay at man utd" then i think that would be a bizarre choice because the risk of having 5k tied up in ighalo shares would outweigh the reward for me but at least that reasoning would make sense (and may well now come true). Instead the reasoning was some shite about how many shares are in the sell queue even though that has next to nothing to do with controlling price anymore and the failure to understand that is astonishing and could have led to having 5k worth of unsellable shares. This is like betting on liverpool to win at 1/10 and thinking its a great bet when you win.

Ps this doesnt apply to people flipping quickly on positive speculation as their risk wasnt the same

That wasn't the bet though.... 😐

The risk of it being losing bet would mean he would have to go back to China & stay there until retirement.

That was/isn't going to happen. Although he could end up going there temporarily - everyone who was buying acknowledged that.

The reasoning for my purchase was I was getting an asset at less then half of his true potential value.

You never had to see the top purchase price again - that would only happen if he stays at Manchester United.

What I personally was betting on was getting out at a exit point higher than the price I was endorsing buying for (99p) that could be on any type of rumour or significant event. Coming back to a PB league from China would have sufficed - West Ham / Newcastle.

Some are already counting profits with the outcome still undecided.

No IS being on offer meant this was a very good bet with current circumstances.

• Nearly, almost nearly sold a single share for 1.63!
    Got beaten and sell price went down to 1.13!

• The latest seems to be that his club are willing to allow him to finish the season at United, but United don't want him permanently. So extending the loan seems most likely and both parties seem to finally be happy with that

• @ChazFI123 said in No bids currently in on Ighalo...highest market price placer with no ‘IS’ option?:

The latest seems to be that his club are willing to allow him to finish the season at United, but United don't want him permanently. So extending the loan seems most likely and both parties seem to finally be happy with that

Apparently a loan deal to January in fact! Would essentially rule out any business this summer for United for a striker

• @ChazFI123 Maybe united really are broke!

• @London-Is-Blue the equaliser said last week there was £90mil ready to go and a further £150mil in reserve should they need it. Yesterday (or maybe the day before, all blurring into one) they said that they would take up the option of the £150mil. Doesn't necessarily mean that the entire £240mil is for transfers, but certainly the funds are there.

• @King-Fergus said in No bids currently in on Ighalo...highest market price placer with no ‘IS’ option?:

Nearly, almost nearly sold a single share for 1.63!
    Got beaten and sell price went down to 1.13!

Bought a few to try to claw back my losses and it's been really interesting seeing what kind of bids have been coming in - have managed to sell a few at £1.55, £1.50, £1.42 in the last couple of days even with all the uncertainty!

Looks like I'll only be about £3 down (vs about £30) by the end of this, and I'm sure some of you have made an absolutely killing! I really hope he does manage to stay and that any current holders can at least get some divs.

• Looks promising for the stay beyond this season & into next if SkySports latest report is anything to go by. 👍