Match Engine Brought Out Too Early???

• As much as I think it's a good think to bring in I just think they should have only brought it in if sellers could set a price also, not just for the buyers. I've got so many players under £1 I'd like to sell but not being able to set a price is frustrating. Yes I'm trying to sell to market but nobody is really buying at market price unless they're highly in demand players. I'm trying to create a balance to buying players that just keep rising and it's very frustrating. For first time in a while my port is on a downward spiral and not much I can do about it. Frustration is the word. There must be others in my situation?

• Banned

Who are you trying to sell, and how much?

• There seems to be alot of support for sell orders coming in. Hopefully not to far away.
    0_1590404068513_Screenshot_20200525-115244.png

• @Barkez_86 but why would others buy at full price? If you’re trying to sell it’s because you likely think they no longer have value at that price.

Most low players have buy orders but you’ll have to take the hit if you want to sell them.

Sell orders at the lower end are unlikely to get filled in my opinion m, mid to top end they will as in demeans players can have better offers nearer the market price offered.

• I would like to see sell orders for opposite reason to set a price above current price to take advantage of temporary in game price jumps.

This is the primary attraction of order books for me.

• I have been able to sell a few cheap players to market on match days. If you're not willing to accept the IS price chances are others won't so if anyone wants the shares they have to purchase at market price on the flipside if you've purchased a dud why would anyone want to pay market price.

• @MrWh1te players that nobody wants...

2306 Florian Kainz @ 67p
    500 Bas Dost @ 45p
    500 Patrik Schick @ £1.56
    500 Leon Goretzka @ £1.60
    469 Kenan Karaman @ 50p
    300 Mark Uth @ 95p
    500 Alassane Plea @ £1.55
    300 Marcus Thuram @ £2.23
    500 Mama Balde @ 62p

• Banned

@Barkez_86 if no-one wants them, that's your problem.

Why does noone like them? I am going on a bit of a spending spree (tiny for most, a lot for me) today, after dinner.
    I will have a look at your players later

• @Barkez_86

Most of those are playing atm so will sell if you're patient. ME, no football & removal of FI backed IS (which provided far more depth than the current ME version) has meant a slow market in all but the top players but as confidence &/or good individual performance returns they should start moving.

I agree partial order books although a step in the right direction is a poor substitute for proper full buy & sell OB's but I guess we're at least moving forward.

• @Barkez_86

I’ll be honest I agree with most of what has been said. Plenty of players are being sold to market at full price, even at the lower end of the market, but they have to have a demand ie a reason to buy them.

For example you want to sell Patrick Schick. He’s been sitting on the bench for the last two games, people would have been far more likely to buy Poulsen (who is cheaper anyway) than Schick. But Poulsen played 90mins at the weekend, and RB Leipzig play again on Wednesday and then Monday, Schick will start one of those I think. You’ll be able to sell him regardless of his performance to be honest, but especially if he does well.

The main rule about market sell hasn’t changed. You have to sell on a spike.

ME hasn’t changed that it just gives people another way out. If your holds never have a spike then how good of a hold are they? You can’t expect people to buy bad holds - that was always the case.

• @Barkez_86 be patient and most of those will be sold to market within a month. I own a few myself and sold Thuram to market in just a few days.

• @MrWh1te said in Match Engine Brought Out Too Early???:

Oh dear🙄

It can't be good for the platform if people feel their money is trapped in holds. Sell orders wouldn't guarantee the price you want but at least you can try exit a hold on your own terms. I'm surprised your not more sympathetic. After all imagine if you didn't have sell orders in your 20p stocks in FS. I imagine that would be quite frustrating wouldn't it.

• Banned

@Dalian-Smith
    Ok I re-read and it didn't come across as what I mean, so let me rephrase...

The fact no-one wants to buy them is THE problem. Why do you think no-one wants them?

Is that better? I am hugely sympathetic, sorry it didn't come across as such.

• @Dalian-Smith said in Match Engine Brought Out Too Early???:

@MrWh1te said in Match Engine Brought Out Too Early???:

Oh dear🙄

It can't be good for the platform if people feel their money is trapped in holds. Sell orders wouldn't guarantee the price you want but at least you can try exit a hold on your own terms. I'm surprised your not more sympathetic. After all imagine if you didn't have sell orders in your 20p stocks in FS. I imagine that would be quite frustrating wouldn't it.

Sell order are coming, we know this. It’s being done in phases

If they had bought in full order books at once everyone would complain about how confusing it was and that FI should have done it in phases.

• @MrWh1te

👍

There's some harsh reality here but we are feeling our way around this new environment. I'm not sure what the rights and wrongs are at the minute but I do feel we arent best armed at the minute with the handicap of no sell orders.

• Banned

@Dalian-Smith
    Indeed.
    Hence why I made the offer to see if I can help out by buying some later

• @Daniel said in Match Engine Brought Out Too Early???:

@Dalian-Smith said in Match Engine Brought Out Too Early???:

@MrWh1te said in Match Engine Brought Out Too Early???:

Oh dear🙄

Sell order are coming, we know this. It’s being done in phases

If they had bought in full order books at once everyone would complain about how confusing it was and that FI should have done it in phases.

I agree it's best do this in stages but I've not heard any confirmed timeline for this. I think a timeline would be appreciated by those who arent digging this one sided market at the minute.

• Think FI have done the right thing, in phases and let people get used to them, personally have a few cheeky bids in on low priced players - risky for resell but at 50% discount I’m fine with that - I’m also fine if no current holder take the offer - I wouldn’t but everyone situation is different - am I taking the p@ss - no just giving people an option. If I get no bids accepted then happy to wait till the sellers set the price, cancel bids and go shopping - it’s all good. Timing is the key - I sold olmo to market at the weekend as he started - plenty of buying backing the full price even though his IS was 10% lower - which is exactly how it should work.

• @Wynnston said in Match Engine Brought Out Too Early???:

I have been able to sell a few cheap players to market on match days. If you're not willing to accept the IS price chances are others won't so if anyone wants the shares they have to purchase at market price on the flipside if you've purchased a dud why would anyone want to pay market price.

I think if we had sell order then people can go shopping without having to have money tied up in bids. So I may be perfectly happy to buy 100 shares in 20 different players buy only have money for 1 player. If we had sell orders I could look at those 20 players and see what prices people are prepared to sell for and make an instant purchase. Buyer and seller are then both happy.

• @MrWh1te
    Power to you sir. With Buy AND Sell orders in play it's going to be alot easier for traders to find common ground and make some deals. The market at the minute is too skewed for me.