Asensio

• Had a nice steady rise on return to fitness but wondering if he can sustain £2? Obviously talented, but back from long term injury is always a worry, and with Competition for places at Madrid I don’t know. Anyone with more La Liga knowledge than me able to advise?

• Without a doubt, great young player, Madrid's own(worshiped), Euros postponed perfectly for him, Limited risk at his price in my opinion.

• Can someone explain the sentiment behind Asensio being a good hold? From my own view he's got an average scoring and assist record at best, no PB history and the likes of Hazard,
    Vinicius, Rodrygo & Bale for competition if playing as part of a front 3.

Community seems to be high on him so id like to know what I'm missing out on!

• I held for a long while but switched for Vinicius now, who is more expensive but is also younger, more dynamic and unpredictable (in a good way).

• @Dav - Madrid being the club they are, surely Hazard is nailed on once even 90% fit. That probably leaves one spot between Asensio and a great many other players. Great talent but big rotation risk to me.

• @LawrenceW said in Asensio:

@Dav - Madrid being the club they are, surely Hazard is nailed on once even 90% fit. That probably leaves one spot between Asensio and a great many other players. Great talent but big rotation risk to me.

At one point Asensio was my biggest hold on here. I had high hopes that he would be the successor to Ronaldo ... but he turned out to be a massively frustrating hold due to injuries.

Prior to his last injury on a pre season tour, he had apparently been training at a high level and producing the best results of the entire squad. He was training like he had something to prove.

Zidane really rates him and I believe he will get several further chances to prove himself amongst the Madrid superstars.

The problem is, next season, there will be an entire first team vying for his position. Vinicius, Rodrygo, Bale, Hazard, Odegaard, Reinier, Lucas Vasquez, Brahim Diaz, Isco, James Rodriguez and Kubo.

If you don't hit the ground running, the next guy will get his chance. Rotation will be rife.

I think Asensio has the potential to be a great player, but would benefit by stepping away from the intense spotlight of Madrid and developing at a lesser side like Sociedad.

• Johnny beat me too it. He was my biggest stake at one point. Ronaldo named him or Ousamane Dembele as his successor. (Cursed them both 😂) He single handedly tore apart Germany in the Nations League. It was looking good...then injury’s and poor form followed.
    Rodrygo’s my boy these days. Next Neymar and all that. But like a jilted lover, I will be keeping a sly eye on Ascensio.

• I too once had 2000 Asensios purchased at the bottom of the dip after his injury
    Since he reached 1.90 i have slowly reduced my holding down to 300
    I may hold onto the the rest until Friday and then offload