the left wing press and Dominic Cummings

• An innocent man hounded for the crime of protecting a young vulnerable child,the only crime was against humanity by the left wing press and politicians who still want to stop Brexit.

• Couldn't agree more. We've had enough of that left-wing pro-EU rag.... The Daily Mail.

alt text

• @NewUser65276 I’m hard right wing, pro brexit etc. and under the spirit of what the government and there advisors were preaching he was out of line. We were clearly advised “no childcare from outside of the household”.
    But as you say it is a shame because the act alone was in the interest of his child. Maybe they shouldn’t have told everybody else to go through what he didn’t want to?

• @Keegans-Bluff

Were they not influenced by the lies in the Daily Mirror and the Guardian who reported that Cummings was on some kind of holiday like the SNP chief medical advisor,who incidentally was originally supported by the SNP ?

• Probably. They're all weak-minded rabid lefty Bubble Elite fakenews MSM pinkos at The Daily Mail. They were at it again today!

alt text

• @Keegans-Bluff

I take it that you haven't comprehended that Paul Dacre the pro Brexit editor of the Daily Mail has been replaced by Geordie Greig a staunch remainer,have you considered this and that this may reflect in the headlines from the Daily Mail,anyway all is forgiven so long as YOU accept British democracy and the vote for Brexit and also that you are not part of the left wing mob that harassed a family stricken by illness who put the wellbeing of their young child first.

• @NewUser65276

You have only proven that a little knowledge can be dangerous.

ITV political editor Robert Peston questioned whether Mr Greig's new role would be "good or bad" for Prime Minister Theresa May.
    "It's definitely bad for the True Brexiters, [Jacob Rees-Mogg and Boris Johnson]. But she will be under less media pressure to tack towards hard Brexit," he added.
    Some political and media commentators suggested Mr Greig's appointment would have little impact on the Mail's stance.
    Jane Merrick said: "To fellow Remainers who believe Geordie Greig is going to turn the Mail against Brexit: Paul Dacre is editor until November, by which time the Brexit deal is *supposed to have been struck with Brussels. Not sure what GG would be able to do after that. *Though who can tell?"

• You're right, The Mail's gone downhill since Dacre finally ended his Glorious 429 year reign of championing sensible policies for a Better Britain.

Since Greig has taken over I don't know whether I'm reading The Daily Mail or The Morning Star! It's a disgrace. Not to mention a conspiracy. Probably a German one.

alt text

• @NewUser65276 said in the left wing press and Dominic Cummings:

@NewUser65276

You have only proven that a little knowledge can be dangerous.

ITV political editor Robert Peston questioned whether Mr Greig's new role would be "good or bad" for Prime Minister Theresa May.
    "It's definitely bad for the True Brexiters, [Jacob Rees-Mogg and Boris Johnson]. But she will be under less media pressure to tack towards hard Brexit," he added.
    Some political and media commentators suggested Mr Greig's appointment would have little impact on the Mail's stance.
    Jane Merrick said: "To fellow Remainers who believe Geordie Greig is going to turn the Mail against Brexit: Paul Dacre is editor until November, by which time the Brexit deal is *supposed to have been struck with Brussels. Not sure what GG would be able to do after that. *Though who can tell?"

Yes, don't talk to me about Robert Peston of ITV News - or PravdaTV as I like to call them. He had the temerity yesterday to ask Mr Cummings some softball questions (or at least I think he did, I fell asleep before he'd got to the end of his fiiiiiiiiiiiiiirst onnnnnnnnnnnnnnne), after all the 'Downing Street source' exclusives Dom's given him to regurgitate word for word for the last twelve months. The cheek of it! I hope he chokes on his chorizo risotto.

• @NewUser65276 said in the left wing press and Dominic Cummings:

An innocent man hounded for the crime of protecting a young vulnerable child,the only crime was against humanity by the left wing press and politicians who still want to stop Brexit.

I get you’ve put this in the Off Topic section, but unless you’re expecting FI to IPO Dominic Cummings in the next few weeks, why on earth have you started this thread.

• @NewUser65276 Well at least there's one so called MSM "journalist" at ITV aka PravdaTV who's willing to speak the taboo truth about the Remoaning Daily Mail. Not to mention the Conservative Party. Bunch of Loony Lefties. It's PC Gone Mad!

0_1590542622837_paul brand dom cummings.jpg

• @Keegans-Bluff

Are Stephen Kinnock and Muslim Labour MPs who attend funerals exempt from the left wing press criticism for genuinely breaking lockdown rules that didn't involve the wellbeing of a minor? Ah,don't you just love a poll,unfortunately for you the only polls that count are votes which are counted at elections?

• @Daniel

Google off topic if you are confused?

• @NewUser65276 Exactly! If Mr Cummings had pretended he was delivering essential medicine and a lovely Raspberry Pie to Barnard Castle he would have probably gotten away with it like them! Instead he's being crucified by the rabid Left-Wing loonies of the Daily Mail and Conservative Party Members and Cabinet Ministers just for telling the 100% unvarnished TRUTH to the Proud British People! They'll be saying he edited his blog next, just so he can lie about it in the future. They have no shame! They should be banned, the lot of them!

• @Keegans-Bluff

Was that on the second visit? Source Daily Mirror?

• As the commentariat runs out of any new ammunition to fire at Cummings, it is worth reflecting on some of the inaccuracies in the original stories run jointly by the Mirror and Guardian on Friday, many of which have subsequently been proven demonstrably false. They might want you to forget some of these…
    Claim: “Dominic Cummings visited parents’ home while he had symptoms.” BBC, May 22.
    Fact: Cummings did not enter his parents’ house, nor come into contact with his parents: “At this farm, my parents live in one house. My sister and her two children live in another house, and there was a separate cottage roughly 50 metres away from either of them.” The Independent, May 26.
    Claim: “Boris Johnson’s top aide Dominic Cummings was investigated by police”. Mirror, May 22.
    Fact: At the time of the first articles, Cummings was not under investigation by the police. In fact Durham police, under media pressure, only began an investigation into Cummings last night.
    Claim: “Police confirmed they had visited an individual at an address in the city who they had learned had travelled to Durham from London during the lockdown to self-isolate.” The Mirror, May 22.
    Fact: The police did not visit Cummings or his father. All communication was via phone
    Claim: “In line with national policing guidance, officers explained to the family the guidelines around self-isolation and reiterated the appropriate advice around essential travel.” The Guardian, May 22.
    Fact: Three days later, Durham Police clarified they offered “no specific advice” on Coronavirus lockdown, instead they offered “security advice”
    Claim: Cummings broke lockdown again for a second trip to visit parents; “by April 19 he was back in Durham.” The Sunday Mirror, 23.
    Fact: No proof at the time, no proof emerged since. Cummings Rose Garden conference argues mobile phone date proves he was in London at the time and did not return to Durham. Funny how the Mirror haven’t since brought up this second ‘exclusive’…

• @NewUser65276 Bang right! Because there were a few background inaccuracies in the Press before Mr Cummings socked it to the Elites on Monday from the sun-dappled Downing Street Rose Garden, this means EVERYTHING they reported is wrong. Not to mention the Police's loose-lipped blathering. Everyone knows the Plod are as Left-wing as they come. It's a disgrace. They should all be arrested, every last one of them.

Any fair minded, impartial citizen can tell Mr Cummings was definitely telling the whole truth and nothing but M'Lud - certainly NOT a carefully crafted lawyerese statement of bizarre explanations insulting the intelligence of anyone listening to reverse fit the facts he can't avoid admitting now, because those busy-bodied newspapers have stuck their snout in where it doesn't belong.

It's clear as day all this wishy-washy hoohah is a MSM conspiracy and every fool who thinks otherwise is a weak-minded zombie brainwashed by The Daily Mail.

• He hasn't committed a heinous crime but he has broken the lockdown requirements.

They should have just put their hands up and said look guys it was a serious error of judgement done with good intentions. No excuses, can we move on. Most right minded people would be able to do that.

All the excuses and the trying to wriggle out of it is just asking for the gutter press to come after them.

• Yes the background inaccuracy was that the whole purpose of the journey was to safeguard the interests of a vulnerable young child,I thought you luvvly caring sharing Northern monkeys would actually applaud that,oh but then I forgot you don't even no how to protect the young vulnerable gIrls in your cities under Labour control, DO YOU?