This new systems rubbish change my mind

• @MrWh1te and @Vespasian32 I think you both need to give it time, we dont know what will come of the next implementation of order books. Put it this way FI removed IS during a huge crisis, turned out to be genius saving us and them money at same time. I dont see them "turning it back on" whilst we remain as we are. They've allowed us to buy at a discounted price for time being but doesnt mean IS will not be available going forward, we still remain in a pandemic

• @MrWh1te not so much luck...i have a FI friend who was texting relentless in Jan warning me to get money out... He removed £200k... Whilst I was still thinking covid was a glorified cold (having had swine flu myself when that was around). I'm sure @Black-wolf followed it closely and made a judgement on his risk position etc.

I hope @AJH1982 is right and IS is reintroduced. Just hope it's sooner than later cos I do feel they have alienated customers... And at the same time rendered thousands of players useless... That's not good for anyone in the long run.

• @MrWh1te i didnt get lucky. I did my research on real world events as well as football events. Im a very low risk trader i dont leave it up to luck.

Im aware people got stung but not by my actions or other traders neither were they stung by FI they fell victim to affects that Coronavirus has had. Plenty of notice had been given that order books were coming and FI introducing them now was the right move. If they had tightened the spreads it would have been a blood bath. The players people are complaining about because there is no demand would have had their upper buy price plummet as mass ISing would have occured

FI introducing this system now is the only thing they could have done to protect the market value of all players and whether people believe that or not it is true

• I am not talking about covid and the suspension of IS, which was clearly good.

I am talking about the removal of a feature that should still be in place.

People bet on the basis of it.

They haven't turned it off to protect us, they have removed it to protect themselves and screw us in the process.

• If anything, this should show people the importance of players that have an underlying value and why dividends are key.

That said, I can understand the frustrations of people that have bought lower down like @Dan-The-Man. There's a big difference between buying Joe Allen with a safety net and without one. If you're in that boat, my advice would be to sit on your hands for now as this will be one of the worst times to try and get out of those types players (if you even can).

We still need to see the sell order side come in before we get to fully fledged order books. I get the frustration at FI that this didn't come as one package but I think the reality is that just getting part 1 out has been a good achievement on their tech side. A staggered move has other benefits too.

There are thousands of footballers on this platform. It's in FI's interest for as many of them to be tradeable as possible so I really think there is more to come. FI are not stupid either, they know there are other competitors in the market now and that people will vote with their feet if they're not kept happy.

Adam Cole has a Q&A on Tuesday night, I'm sure we'll know a lot more after that. Keep the faith people.

• @MrWh1te but it was removed because of the pandemic, we're still in the middle of it and alot of uncertainty. It wont be turned back on yet if they do want to reintroduce it. Like I said, all this going back forth could be made easier but them being clearer about their intentions but it remains off because of the pandemic. I'm not saying their not thinking of themselves and their profits, of course they are but without profits, we cant get divs or at least a div increase

If they hadn't removed it to protect them it could potentially been a race to the bottom for all they know. It protected them but at same time protected us.

• @Shippers
    And should it still be there and turned off, I wouldn't have a problem with that.
    It is the removal that is the problem. It has ended trading at the bottom end. Had it still been there and turned off, that trading would still be happening to an extent.
    FI always pride itself on having many ways to make money. Hell it gets quoted on here a lot by us all.
    In one move they not only removed one of the big ways but killed the ports of anyone using that strategy.

• 0_1590666232469_Screenshot_20200528-124319.png

• The main reason people are moaning about IS being removed is because they currently want to use it and if it was there and it was used the prices of those players would plummet and the same people would be even more annoyed unless of course they were amongst the first to get out of the hold.

To have bought these players in the first place you must have had faith others would also buy to get cap app so in that regard nothing has changed, if your player becomes in demand at any point an instant sell option will become available but because these cheap players will have tiny sell queues they will also rise in value quickly when there is a demand

• @Vespasian32 said in This new systems rubbish change my mind:

@Timothee-Atouba we don't know what it's calculated on. I suspect withdrawals far outweigh new money. Probably why they have blocked most large withdrawals atm. Maybe why they cancelled their affiliate scheme too...and removed IS. Suspect its financial issues rather than optimal choice.

No they haven't. The FI market is in rude health. Given how they've got through the Lockdown period, I'd say the company is as well. I think people have got a point about IS being totally withdrawn (as far as we know), and there does need to be a way of freeing up this money at some point. However, trading players with little inherent value is also a higher risk/reward proposition.

Let's not get carried away though. The introduction of the Matching Engine has been a huge success so far overall.

• @Black-wolf said in This new systems rubbish change my mind:

To have bought these players in the first place you must have had faith others would also buy to get cap app so in that regard nothing has changed, if your player becomes in demand at any point an instant sell option will become available but because these cheap players will have tiny sell queues they will also rise in value quickly when there is a demand

Everything has changed. I have a shit player, I had faith I would be able to get out of the bet. I had faith that others would buy because IS is a safety net.
    Now they removed IS, that safety net is removed. And now I have faith they won't buy.

You are a clever lad, I don't believe you can't see how the removal of IS without warning, after saying they wouldn't remove it, has screwed over people.

It has the same effect at the bottom end as it would at the top end if they suddenly said they were removing divs.

• @MrWh1te Trading is still happening at the bottom end, I keep saying this, it is happening. Just in a league or scenario whereby something is happening with those players.

If Adam Cole says IS is turned off completely on 2nd (if answered) then hes royally mugged me off 😅 but I'm confident it's off because of the situation not that it's never being offered again.

• @Shippers
    Ok so you agree that if they have stopped IS permanently then you are mugged off? And that it is bad?

But that you believe they will turn it back on?

That is where we are, right?

• @MrWh1te if he is a shit player why did you buy him? Im assuming you did so for cap app because you didnt pay 40p in the hope you can sell for 36p. For cap app you need demand for that player so why has anything changed. If you didnt think there would ever be any demand that player then why buy him in the first place

• @Keegans-Bluff said in This new systems rubbish change my mind:

@Vespasian32 said in This new systems rubbish change my mind:

@Timothee-Atouba we don't know what it's calculated on. I suspect withdrawals far outweigh new money. Probably why they have blocked most large withdrawals atm. Maybe why they cancelled their affiliate scheme too...and removed IS. Suspect its financial issues rather than optimal choice.

No they haven't. The FI market is in rude health. Given how they've got through the Lockdown period, I'd say the company is as well. I think people have got a point about IS being totally withdrawn (as far as we know), and there does need to be a way of freeing up this money at some point. However, trading players with little inherent value is also a higher risk/reward proposition.

Let's not get carried away though. The introduction of the Matching Engine has been a huge success so far overall.

Two people have contacted me yesterday, having had their withdrawals blocked over EDD.... Despite passing EDD recently.

Have you managed to withdraw a large sum recently?

0_1590667883520__20200528_131100.JPG

0_1590667897479__20200528_131002.JPG

• @Vespasian32
    I had an address one too, I dropped you a pm :p

• Potentially traders could be looking at a 40p goalkeeper with 38p IS value and hope that in the next 30days gets 3 clean sheets.
    This way they profit with in and out trade and IPDs

• @MrWh1te I reckon they've read your comments lately and knew that one was the best way to slow down your exodus vs the usual requests.

• @Black-wolf
    @Vespasian32 covered this already.
    Pay 40p in hope of 2p div knowing you can IS at 36p = 4p risk. People still trade.
    Pay 40p in hope of 2p div knowing you can't IS = 40p risk. People don't trade.

I have a port full of divs, it doesn't affect me directly, but even I can see that.

• I've only briefly scanned this thread and I find it astounding the amount of whining over a system that is only 50% operational.

Once the sell orders function goes live, you will all get the opportunity to offload the absolute dross you bought. Sure, it will be at a loss but some bargain hunter will always take a chance (Ighalo a very recent example) and some money back is better than nothing.

Judge the system once it's working in its entirety.

I swear there would be ten times these kind of moaning threads if both the buy and sell functions of the ME had been launched at once. They've done the right thing doing it stages.