Game winning goal on the matrix

• Does anybody think they should scrap the points for a game winning goal. I'm not sure I would give it the recognition that the matrix does personally.

• I used to be against the game winning goal, especially when it was worth same as a goal. However I quiet like it now as it does add a bit of excitement on match days.

• I like it as it has the potential to reward real match winners. The Index is already too geared towards those who just keep the ball ticking over, whilst those that may only do one or two good things a game, but win matches consistently, are lower valued. Those latter players are what football fans love, and it is important to have them near the top of the Index. Big game, big moments players.

That said, I would like some level of revision of what constitutes a gwg. If my player scores first, and the team goes 4-0 up later in the game, then I shouldn't worry if the opposition pulls a goal back in the 90th. I'm happy enough for the second goal to be the gwg, but the first should still have more points attached it then a regular goal.

• I think it’s fair enough. The GWG in say a 2-1 win is far more important than the fifth goal in a 5-0 win, so I think it’s right that additional points are on offer for the former.

• Like what @Dr-Jan-Itor said, my issue is there are many other goals other than gwgs that i would deem just as important. Ie all goals in a 2-2 draw where it goes level at 1-1 also.

• I've said this for the 18 months I've been on the platform :

The game winning goal should be just that. The goal that wins the game. Be it 1-0, 2-1, 3-2 etc

There should be no GWG in a 4-0 win etc because I'd argue the 2nd goal is more important (it's the one that would normally kill a game off).

The GWG should also be added at full time, in a similar fashion to the clean sheet bonus.

I hope a PB matrix review comes in the summer of 2021 and they might implement this in some way.

• I would only keep it for games with scores of 1-0, 2-1, etc.

If a team wins by a 2+ goal advantage, it gets taken off.

• I like it, it adds excitement and a randomness to matchdays. Obviously less fond of it when it goes against me, especially when the leaderboard is flipped on its head when a 5-0 win becomes 5-1 with the last kick of the game!

I would rather every defender started with the clean sheet bonus then lost it after a goal against, rather than adding bonus at end. I know they don't do this as every defender would initially be leading the leaderboard at kickoff and you would have to scroll past them to find any midfielders or forwards.

• This has always confused me too.

So if a team wins 4-0 does only the scorer of the first goal get awarded GWG? But the scorers of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th goal get no additional points?

Yet in the above scenario if the away team score in the 95th minute (to make it 4-1) the 1st, 3rd and 4th scorer then get no additional points and now instead the 2nd scorer only gets GWG?

Sorry if i'm stating the obvious but be good to know cheers.

• @JonesyFI-WH My understanding is the same as yours.

• @JonesyFI-WH correct mate

• @SDB-Dunwell @ScouseSte Thank you both.

• I don't like it, never have done and never will, although I benefitted from it last night with Arnold.

It can be especially noticeable on a gold day when proper PB players miss out to a 50p centre back that scored the only goal in a 1-0 win. I think it's there like the 0 on the roulette wheel to help maintain the house edge (which I think is large enough as is).

I'm sure I could forgive it if we got tiered PB though 😁