Lionel Messi

• Has anybody successfully bid for Messi and if so at what price? Also, anybody looking to offload?

• I've recently tried to market sell 300 shares in Messi but haven't had any movement yet. No in a mad rush to sell but I have 1600 shares in him so trying to move things around.

• I have had him up for market sell for 3 weeks now - no idea where I am in regards to being close to sell him.

I'm hoping once the Spanish season starts he has 1 good game and they get gobbled up. He will no doubt still drag plenty of divs in over the next year or two but I think its time for my dosh in him to go on to pastures new.

• @Maldini07
    @Timothee-Atouba

why dont you meet half way at 4.78?

• @Advinculas-Index

As the guys above says:

If he sells at market price then you get a bit of money back to do with what you please.

If he doesn't sell then he's a guaranteed div machine.

• I’ve had them gobbled up at £4.73.
    Took about three minutes!
    I’m really confident in a couple of pb wins followed by a dividend increase in July or August.

• @Timothee-Atouba said in Lionel Messi:

I’ve had them gobbled up at £4.73.
    Took about three minutes!
    I’m really confident in a couple of pb wins followed by a dividend increase in July or August.

Think I listed him when he was around the £5 mark - so yeah - i'm well down the list - no rush for him to go, will allow nature to take its course.

• @Millerman Probably better returns about mid term but I just want to be holding him when the dividend increase rolls around.

• @Maldini07 said in Lionel Messi:

I've recently tried to market sell 300 shares in Messi but haven't had any movement yet.

Currently 4.65 - 4.92 so would cost approx £80 loss for every 300 to IS against a few weeks wait in the sell queue, which looks an evenly balanced choice IMHO. Those who don't need to money can afford to wait for the full price (risking any price movement) & those who's need is more pressing pay an extra c.5% for the privilege.

• @Timothee-Atouba said in Lionel Messi:

@Millerman Probably better returns about mid term but I just want to be holding him when the dividend increase rolls around.

Don't think that will be happening. 😐

This crisis shows what can happen & how you have to plan for every eventuality.

They have done well to keep ticking over & Football Index will probably want to build up their cash before any increases.

Can't blame them & the new technologies won't be cheap.

• Fair enough @Ericali. Anybody that doesn’t envisage a dividend increase would be well served by selling up. The queues to get out would be longer than the M1.

• @Timothee-Atouba I do, but not for next season.

They have just spent 2 months paying out 5 place media each day without much trading going on.

Say football stops again because of a second peak? or worse still we don't find a cure for another 18 months.

I don't want football index gambling with my money giving dividend increases that they cannot sustain in case of another pandemic.

Don't run before you can walk.

They have played a blinder recently, it would be foolhardy to give another dividend increase just now.

• @Ericali I agree about them not doing it if they can’t afford it, but I’d guess they can and let’s not forget you were the one saying definitely no dividend increase just before the last one!

• @Timothee-Atouba nobody wants to say "no" to extra cash.

Happy to accept it if their finances are sound & they can sustain another 3-4 month stint & beyond without Football.

But I don't want them to be reckless & neither should you.

I'm happy to gamble 👍 - but I don't expect them to.

They are running a business.

• I've topped up at around £4.55 on Friday. At that price he has almost already returned 40% of it this season in divs, take into account the dividend review and a chance of european media and the single name bias hopefully being taken out of media he should return even more next season, expecting his price around the div review and then slowly come back down

• @Ericali said in Lionel Messi:

@Timothee-Atouba I do, but not for next season.

They have just spent 2 months paying out 5 place media each day without much trading going on.

Say football stops again because of a second peak? or worse still we don't find a cure for another 18 months.

I don't want football index gambling with my money giving dividend increases that they cannot sustain in case of another pandemic.

Don't run before you can walk.

They have played a blinder recently, it would be foolhardy to give another dividend increase just now.

Be interesting to work out what the divs payouts should have been for the period if wed had football being played and comparing that to what has actually been offered due to the pandemic.

I know it wont give you a true idea as all youd be able to work out is the total dividends due to be paid per share and not a total, I'd be surprised if it works out that they've paid out more than their modelling system had calculated

• @Ddr totally missing the point.... 😐

Even if it's the same (probably won't be with double dividends promotion) but even if it is, they have missed out on loads of commission on the match days due to the lack of trading which they can normally budget for.

The platform has been static.

• When the football resumes, there's a pattern with the Goat. Wed/Thur/Fri rises, Sat or Sun wins PB, Mon drops, people panic he's too old, Wednesday buy back in and repeat!!!!

• Just a side thought with Messi.
    If you were to imagine that he announces retirement today, therefore never plays another game. How much in dividends would you envisage him winning from that point?

• @Ddr also on this point, you have to consider that players like Sancho, Kane and Pogba have all had periods of smashing the MB dividends during the down time which is a huge number of shares owned and a hell of a liability on FI.

Last nights 3 PB winners cost a total of £1.51, and that's now, post win. I haven't checked but they probably were all even cheaper at the 3pm cut off.

Yes expensive players do win PB but its undoubtedly more of a lottery. I suppose they've saved on IPD's but I think their profits will have taken a hit during COVID. Although recently massive amounts of money have been spent Market Buying some of the big boys so they've had a big cash injection there for sure